British Speedway Forum

So, some promoters knew something was amiss at the NSS, and allegedly refused to take any tickets to sell to their fans..

What was it that they knew, and why did they keep it to themselves? Why didn't they discuss it with other BSPA members, ask for an extraordinary meeting to vex, or to sort out the problem/s then?

Just wondering why they kept it to themselves, whilst it also festered away, and probably got worse, as the season went on...

Why didn't any of them bring the problem up???

There's plenty who don't. I don't miss your 'likes', but i appreciate it when others do like what I comment.

Just like Coventry fans should forget 2010 AGM, you need to get out of the Subedei influence.

At least I try to contribute to discussions, but you just attack others contribution. Nil contribution from you.

Time for you to jog on.

Whatever loser..........but just for the record, I'll do what I please thank you :party:

There's plenty who don't. I don't miss your 'likes', but i appreciate it when others do like what I comment.

Just like Coventry fans should forget 2010 AGM, you need to get out of the Subedei influence.

At least I try to contribute to discussions, but you just attack others contribution. Nil contribution from you.

Time for you to jog on.

Coventry fans can't forget the 2010 AGM as it was the catalyst for events that happened this winter!

• Like 1

Time for you to jog on.

What does that mean?

DG and MORT were told the track was not fit for the opening night but still went ahead.Who in their right mind would allow a builder to lay a speedway track you would insist somebody like Bridget to manage the project its like saying your a window cleaner please install my Central heating.

• Like 2

So, some promoters knew something was amiss at the NSS, and allegedly refused to take any tickets to sell to their fans..

What was it that they knew, and why did they keep it to themselves? Why didn't they discuss it with other BSPA members, ask for an extraordinary meeting to vex, or to sort out the problem/s then?

Just wondering why they kept it to themselves, whilst it also festered away, and probably got worse, as the season went on...

Why didn't any of them bring the problem up???

Interesting questions. Sadly we still haven't been told which clubs/promoters allegedly wouldn't/refused to sell tickets so all of them are tarred with the same brush. With the exception of Poole of course, as Steve Shovlar has posted that they did sell tickets :wink:

DG and MORT were told the track was not fit for the opening night but still went ahead.Who in their right mind would allow a builder to lay a speedway track you would insist somebody like Bridget to manage the project its like saying your a window cleaner please install my Central heating.

Meredith was our track man. An official SCB track inspector. He could only observe and when he did intervene ISG firmly removed him from the area stating he wasn't allowed in the construction site.

It was out of belle Vues hand that ISG laid the track.

They did a good job with the straights and 1st and 2nd bend. Just the 3rd and 4th bend was the problem and that's mainly because that was the entrance for all the heavy machinery coming in and out of the site

• Like 2

Whatever loser..........but just for the record, I'll do what I please thank you :party:

Oh the irony.

Can't believe this is still being discussed,its been done and dusted.Let's hope for some team news soon and whether the south stand is going to be completed.

• Like 4

Meredith was our track man. An official SCB track inspector. He could only observe and when he did intervene ISG firmly removed him from the area stating he wasn't allowed in the construction site.

They did a good job with the straights and 1st and 2nd bend. Just the 3rd and 4th bend was the problem and that's mainly because that was the entrance for all the heavy machinery coming in and out of the site

I quite agree, and the contractors used inferior infill, which was the real cause of the problem, which was covered up with the shale topping. Be interesting to hear everything when the SS is allowed to report on the happenings. It will put to bed a lot of nonsense that has been put on the BSF.

• Like 2

This has been mentioned time and time again Phil, but still some posters insist on trying to put the full blame on the 2 people who bank rolled Belle Vue year on year to bring us the NSS.

• Like 5

Interesting questions. Sadly we still haven't been told which clubs/promoters allegedly wouldn't/refused to sell tickets so all of them are tarred with the same brush. With the exception of Poole of course, as Steve Shovlar has posted that they did sell tickets :wink:

the problem was, as far as I understand, that clubs wanting to sell tickets had to pay up front for them and they were non returnable (refundable). If they didn't sell the club lost out. I know a few years ago of at least one club selling them at a reduced price a week before Cardiff just to try to get rid of them and recoup some of the money.

Given the Aces get the go-ahead what is the crowd capacity?

Is the back straight stand completed?

Can't believe this is still being discussed,its been done and dusted.Let's hope for some team news soon and whether the south stand is going to be completed.

This has been mentioned time and time again Phil, but still some posters insist on trying to put the full blame on the 2 people who bank rolled Belle Vue year on year to bring us the NSS.

I can't understand why this is still being debated on here. This is BV 2017 so can't we move on?!

• Like 1