British Speedway Forum

I don't think KK has his best season and i hope there is more to come from him. He has proved in the past he is better than Cook but i hope Cook has a good season for Belle Vue's sake and and for GB in the world cup.

In my opinion Fricke can be a top rider but up to to know has to prove it, Andersen has been a top rider but isn't what he was so not much to choose between them.

Kurtz is good but still needs to prove he can do it on a regular basis and Worrall is the same, both have potential.

I have high hopes for Jack holder and think he can improve a lot this season and you always need improving riders in any team, who will be the big improver in Belle Vue's team.

In this season's weaker league we only have to be as good as last season. So looks like a Belle Vue v Wolves final again.

PS KK has too many mood swings, if he put 100% into his rides, 100% of the time, he would be fighting it out with the big guns in the GP's. So yes he is better than Cookie, but I would sooner have Cookie in my team as I know he will always give 100%, 100% of the time.

• Like 2

For someone to say Cook is as good as Kk is ridiculous. Like saying AFC Bournemouth are as good as Arsenal. Occassionally able to match them over one match but always behind. One having been 2nd in the world while the other can't even get a ride abroad.

Fricke is going places and will be BV's shining light. But now this is their second season there is no excuse with the track. A season riding on it brings lots of home advantage with setups and racing lines. They can't fall back on that old chestnut this time around.

Struggling to see where heat advantages are going to come from. Unless they sign a proper number one they won't reach the heights of last season.

Just my opinion of course

In this season's weaker league we only have to be as good as last season. So looks like a Belle Vue v Wolves final again.

PS KK has too many mood swings, if he put 100% into his rides, 100% of the time, he would be fighting it out with the big guns in the GP's. So yes he is better than Cookie, but I would sooner have Cookie in my team as I know he will always give 100%, 100% of the time.

But Cooks 100% is probably KK's 70%. No comparison between the two riders. You should be comparing Cook to King and Batchelor.

For someone to say Cook is as good as Kk is ridiculous. Like saying AFC Bournemouth are as good as Arsenal. Occassionally able to match them over one match but always behind. One having been 2nd in the world while the other can't even get a ride abroad.

Fricke is going places and will be BV's shining light. But now this is their second season there is no excuse with the track. A season riding on it brings lots of home advantage with setups and racing lines. They can't fall back on that old chestnut this time around.

Struggling to see where heat advantages are going to come from. Unless they sign a proper number one they won't reach the heights of last season.

But Cooks 100% is probably KK's 70%. No comparison between the two riders. You should be comparing Cook to King and Batchelor.

How many teams have a proper number 1? not many don't you grasp it that this is a watered down league. Also even your side does not have a no1 on who you could put your life on everyweek (ie) like Adams/Crump.

What a load of rubbish but par for the course.

Just over half a point between KK and Cook last year. Not much really and KK isnt exactly getting any better and Cook might.

I would say KK is the better rider still but nothing between them and its how you build the rest of the side thats important.

Pooles top 3 certainly isnt the strongest in the league but their second strings are. And along with having the second strongest reserve in the league in Klindt its that what makes Poole strong.

Belle Vues top 3 is as strong as Pooles but that wont mean anything if the rest of the side is poor.

• Like 1

KK did fight with the big guns in the GP's and was successful until he had a very poor season in the GP's which was a bit of a mystery, there is no reason to suggest he will have a poor season and i have every confidence he will perform to his best, he is loved at Poole and will be a match winner. Cook is a good rider and seems to give his all most of the time but every rider has his off nights.

All this comparison of belle Vues top 3 to pooles top 3

Wait and see who belle Vues top 3 is first ;)

As buster says. These new owners are about to ruffle a few feathers

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 4

For someone to say Cook is as good as Kk is ridiculous.

Is anyone really saying Cook is as good as KK?

That said of course they are comparable as both ride in the EL as heat leaders.

The problem with KK is that he all to often rides at 70% so anyone that gives 100% is their equal when you look over a season long average.

One on one KK is likely to win everytime but then, as you keep pointing out he is a former world number 2 so should be head and shoulders over a rider like Cook. However he isn't. Cook finished the year with a 7.37 whilst KK was 7.91. Head and shoulders above?? Above yes. Head and shoulders no. Just over half a point better isn't head and shoulders.

KK has had one season at world class level when he finished number 2 in the world. Very much a one off as has never looked close to that in any other year.

For me despite all the arguments and discussions about KK its what they both do at our top flight level that's the only thing that's it's important. And given their averages are just over half a point in separation in the most recent season we have had they are very much comparable.

KK SHOULD be head and shoulders above a lot of riders but he isn't.

KK is likely to be the higher averaged rider every season but you never know what you are going to get with him. At his spiritual home he should have a superb season.

That said given the choice I'd have Cook 100 times out of 100 over the 2.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 3

Apparently the new owners still haven't signed the deal with the council yet? Sounds like they're not prepared to have their pants down over the temp terrace and bogs, insisting the stadium is finished or at the very least the council pay for the temp facilities.

So they should, at least to a degree.

Its never really been a case of the stadium being finished but who pays for the facilities to bring it up to scratch if it isn't. That's down to the landlord, not the tenant.

The council can use the 'several hundred thousand pounds' they withheld from the contractor to pay for it.

• Like 1

Is anyone really saying Cook is as good as KK?

That said of course they are comparable as both ride in the EL as heat leaders.

The problem with KK is that he all to often rides at 70% so anyone that gives 100% is their equal when you look over a season long average.

One on one KK is likely to win everytime but then, as you keep pointing out he is a former world number 2 so should be head and shoulders over a rider like Cook. However he isn't. Cook finished the year with a 7.37 whilst KK was 7.91. Head and shoulders above?? Above yes. Head and shoulders no. Just over half a point better isn't head and shoulders.

KK has had one season at world class level when he finished number 2 in the world. Very much a one off as has never looked close to that in any other year.

For me despite all the arguments and discussions about KK its what they both do at our top flight level that's the only thing that's it's important. And given their averages are just over half a point in separation in the most recent season we have had they are very much comparable.

KK SHOULD be head and shoulders above a lot of riders but he isn't.

KK is likely to be the higher averaged rider every season but you never know what you are going to get with him. At his spiritual home he should have a superb season.

That said given the choice I'd have Cook 100 times out of 100 over the 2.

Shovlar is probably enjoying this as that is his sole purpose on here to wind people up by posting stuff he knows isnt factual then sits back and watches everyone.

• Like 1

KK is a good rider , probably better than Cook .

But to use Bournemouth / Arsenal as a comparison ........ Now that is ridiculous !!

In my opinion of course

You certainly know how to wind people up. put cookie against KK at the NSS, if Cookie outgates KK 3 times out of 3 he will beat him 3 times out of 3. At Poole it's the other way around. On a good neutral track, I would say KK would/should win 2 out of 3. But over a full season their averages will/are be about the same.

Looks like good news for you Belle Vue fans that Steve Shovlar is trolling your thread. He only trolls teams he's worried about. Doubt you'll see much of him on the Leicester thread.

You haven't named a single rider yet and you've already got him running scared.

• Like 2

As you say Fricke is the shining light and is going places,plus we have the 4th highest Elite league averaged rider in the league Craig Cook + ? thank you for your concern re heat advantages but i think we will be just fine.

Just my opinion of course.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Looks like good news for you Belle Vue fans that Steve Shovlar is trolling your thread. He only trolls teams he's worried about. Doubt you'll see much of him on the Leicester thread.

You haven't named a single rider yet and you've already got him running scared.

5 posts made and you have already sussed that. Good going for a 'new' poster. :rofl:

• Like 5

So they should, at least to a degree.

Its never really been a case of the stadium being finished but who pays for the facilities to bring it up to scratch if it isn't. That's down to the landlord, not the tenant.

The council can use the 'several hundred thousand pounds' they withheld from the contractor to pay for it.

To then try & charge rent for the temporary facilities is scandalous. No wonder Gordon & Morton withheld their rent payments. How long would it have continued for? Just because it was their dream & it took several years to come to fruition(almost), they should not have to pay rent in 2016, 2017 & beyond, continually being mugged off. They should have insisted that the stadium be finished to the plans first set out, if not during the season, definately end of season.

I feel sorry for them in that they tried but obstacles were always put in their way. The non-payment of rent is obvious but riders wages puzzles me as they were taking money but where was it going? Paying interest on loans, the reputed £3000 fee to Zagar?

There has to be a balance sheet out there somewhere & it will be interesting reading, if found!