British Speedway Forum

Whilst envy and greed have always been part of Chapman's make up the powers that be made a fatal error in completing the triangle with power when they mistakenly made him chairman.

Whilst we're all aware what's gone on at Leicester and the recent engines deal the situation at the NSS has been far more involved and damaging.

Had he not plotted with the council in an effort to gain control then the winter for The Aces would have passed like any other as far as us fans would have been aware.

Pairman would have taken over from the retiring David Gordon, a plan agreed months before it was due to take place. This would have allowed riders and other speedway related payments to be made. The team would have been in place allowing both them and the club to work on sponsors, practice events would have run over the winter together with fans nights in the Craven suit and maybe even the hoped for Xmas cracker meeting. The website would have continued to be updated and, with no bad press on all media outlets tainting the club it would have been business as usual.

The dispute would have continued with the council over the payment responsibilities of many different contracts but that's all back room stuff and would have reached some kind of resolution, indeed a meeting was in the diary for late October to achieve this.

Alas it wasn't to be due to the actions of one man.

Pairman attended

the AGM to have his new role rubber stamped but Chapman refused to see him, favouring his own route.

The damage to Belle Vue speedway is massive and we've lost the long term plan set in place to ensure a solid foundation for the club to prosper in favour of your regular paying tenant season to season existence.

Only lucky heather will save us now so maybe time to give Buster a call.

Pairman does a bit of bobbing and weaving around clubs.Wonder why !!

Whilst envy and greed have always been part of Chapman's make up the powers that be made a fatal error in completing the triangle with power when they mistakenly made him chairman.

Whilst we're all aware what's gone on at Leicester and the recent engines deal the situation at the NSS has been far more involved and damaging.

Had he not plotted with the council in an effort to gain control then the winter for The Aces would have passed like any other as far as us fans would have been aware.

Pairman would have taken over from the retiring David Gordon, a plan agreed months before it was due to take place. This would have allowed riders and other speedway related payments to be made. The team would have been in place allowing both them and the club to work on sponsors, practice events would have run over the winter together with fans nights in the Craven suit and maybe even the hoped for Xmas cracker meeting. The website would have continued to be updated and, with no bad press on all media outlets tainting the club it would have been business as usual.

The dispute would have continued with the council over the payment responsibilities of many different contracts but that's all back room stuff and would have reached some kind of resolution, indeed a meeting was in the diary for late October to achieve this.

Alas it wasn't to be due to the actions of one man.

Pairman attended

the AGM to have his new role rubber stamped but Chapman refused to see him, favouring his own route.

The damage to Belle Vue speedway is massive and we've lost the long term plan set in place to ensure a solid foundation for the club to prosper in favour of your regular paying tenant season to season existence.

Only lucky heather will save us now so maybe time to give Buster a call.

Would all the outstanding rent from last year have been paid up

Would all the outstanding rent from last year have been paid up

Nope. I'm sure I was told that just the speedway debts. Ie riders sponsors staff etc had to be paid. And they will start the rent payments when everything is finalised.

Surely a cut off point has to be coming soon as this is ridiculous now!

• Like 1

Any word from the 2016 riders, if they have been paid for last year yet?

They have not been paid YET. but they will

They have not been paid YET. but they will

So has BSPA been sitting on the bomb money all along, or has it already been used?

So has BSPA been sitting on the bomb money all along, or has it already been used?

It's an explosive situation for sure.

• Like 1

How many riders are owed money and what sort of money are we talking, I think its diabolical I really do these lads have to earn a living most have families to support etc etc, if a team owed me money especially this late in the day I would tell them to jog on and not ride for them in the future.

• Like 1

How many riders are owed money and what sort of money are we talking, I think its diabolical I really do these lads have to earn a living most have families to support etc etc, if a team owed me money especially this late in the day I would tell them to jog on and not ride for them in the future.

Absolutely right.

An assurance that they 'will get paid' being the best that can be offered at this late stage is pretty disgusting.

Is this who 'we' are in Speedway?

That we would support those who treat people this way?

Utter disgrace.

• Like 2

Absolutely right.

An assurance that they 'will get paid' being the best that can be offered at this late stage is pretty disgusting.

Is this who 'we' are in Speedway?

That we would support those who treat people this way?

Utter disgrace.

If it wasn't for buster sabotaging pairman takeover then the riders would have already been paid. He had a cheque with all the money's owed made. But it was threw back in his face

If it wasn't for buster sabotaging pairman takeover then the riders would have already been paid. He had a cheque with all the money's owed made. But it was threw back in his face

If that is true Phil, as you report it, then why doesn't Mr Philip Rising or his colleagues at Speedway Star start digging round, starting with you, and earn their money as journalists. It is disgraceful that the chairman of the governing body has the power to do this sort of thing and the lackeys on the board allow him to. Then people wonder why we cannot attract high profile sponsers and backers to the sport.

• Like 1

If that is true Phil, as you report it, then why doesn't Mr Philip Rising or his colleagues at Speedway Star start digging round, starting with you, and earn their money as journalists. It is disgraceful that the chairman of the governing body has the power to do this sort of thing and the lackeys on the board allow him to. Then people wonder why we cannot attract high profile sponsers and backers to the sport.

the big word there is IF - and I fail to see how anyone other than the people involved no if this is the case .
  • Like 2

can't really jog on anywhere else there is know we're to go
  • Like 1

It would be good to hear a thorough account of this whole episode from every side so we can all make our own minds up. I'd be particularly interested to hear from Mr Pairman, Mr Chapman & the management committee and the new promotion. At the moment we are getting bits and pieces from one particular viewpoint.

Everything crossed for all involved with Belle Vue speedway.

• Like 2