British Speedway Forum

Unfortunately for Ritchie he is handicapped by having a 8.49 average due to the mess made of the averages with protected heats, and the change in that the riders Premier league average from 2016 would be used in team building in 2017.

It has always been the case that rule changes brought in by the BSPA have resulted in riders having to move clubs, with the aim in mind to equalise team strengths.

The new promotion must be allowed to build the strongest team, in their opinion, under the new regulations.

The one thing that appears not to have been done is to inform Ritchie if he is not required this year, by Belle Vue.

But they have known it would be that figure for months now its hardly a shock. Disgusting if they dont name him after he said he was asked to stay loyal

But they have known it would be that figure for months now its hardly a shock. Disgusting if they dont name him after he said he was asked to stay loyal

I would very much like to see Richie in the team because of his loyalty over the winter but I suspect that those who asked him to stay loyal may have been one of the unsuccessful bidders. You can't blame the new promoters if they weren't the people making the promises.

The article in the Speedway Star today said that it appears that Richie was one of those included in the team building plans so perhaps there is still hope that he will be.

Edited by Aces51

So a top 3 of Cook, Fricke and Sedgman then??! ;-)

• Like 1

Any rider who returns to a club should get a 5% average reduction, and a further 5% for ever one of their first 10 seasons.

Always been a supporter of a points limit myself but that is an excellent idea.

Sedgman won't be heat leader ;)

Unfortunately for Ritchie he is handicapped by having a 8.49 average due to the mess made of the averages with protected heats, and the change in that the riders Premier league average from 2016 would be used in team building in 2017.

They would be using his PL average not his EL as his EL is irrelevant.

He had a great PL season so that is as fair an average as there is to use.

They would be using his PL average not his EL as his EL is irrelevant.

He had a great PL season so that is as fair an average as there is to use.

Agree with thr first part.

On the 2nd part, the fairest thing to do would have been to use SCB weighted El averages and a suitable conversion for riders who only rode pl.

Richie is horrible value on that average but atvthe same time I'd be happy enough to see him back in aces colours.

on a par with most sides top 3 though Wolves and Lynns look stronger

on a par with most sides top 3 though Wolves and Lynns look stronger

And pooles

S worrall will surely be the 3rd hl though?

Agree with thr first part.

On the 2nd part, the fairest thing to do would have been to use SCB weighted El averages and a suitable conversion for riders who only rode pl.

Richie is horrible value on that average but atvthe same time I'd be happy enough to see him back in aces colours.

Haven't read SCB's piece on it but I'm sure there is a better and more accurate way of combining both.

The BSPA have at least used the next fairest and transparent way which I applaud.

As with every year there will be riders on averages that make them unattractive averages. Sadly Richie is one of them.

• Like 1

Looks like the new averages have gone against Belle Vue.

I was looking at a possible Aces team and when topped up the combined averages for Cook, Fricke and the Worrall brothers it was difficult trying to fit in 3 decent riders on the points left over.

Looks like Richie has been the unfortunate one and been left out in the cold.

Always been a supporter of a points limit myself but that is an excellent idea.

ive said for a few years riders that resign 4 or 5 from the previous year get a reduction on combined average of resigning riders to encourage loyalty both ways

not sure if id give each individual rider a reduction

but wer4e on the same lines

It's always the case that when The Aces top the league a big drop in the team building average follows the next season.

Sedgman won't be heat leader ;)

If its Cook, Fricke and Steve Worral they will be battling with Leicester for the wooden spoon. Can't see Cook getting any better. Fricke yes loads of improvement. Worrall, reckon he is at his peak as well. The problem of trying to put together a team late in the day.