British Speedway Forum

the bspa tell you everything they want you to hear and in a lot of cases that can be a good thing , there is a few on here that know what goes on , not just at belle vue but in general speedway and sometimes it's best kept secret

WOULD concur with that.

Having previously seen and heard many of the happenings within speedway at first hand I DO NOT AGREE with this. I believe everyone's actions should be open and accountable for good or bad, without this there is no deterrent and can even be classed as enticing for people in a position of power to act in an unethical manner.

Maybe it is time for the fans who WANT openness and transparency to start a movement and demand answers.

ps before anyone comments that it is rich coming from someone who took King's Lynn up into the Elite League in the place of Peterborough and Coventry, I would welcome any questions regarding that especially concerning what involvement the BSPA and other clubs had in that decision, albeit as the press obviously did not have the funds for investigative journalism at that time ;)

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 3

The speculation and cloke and dagger meetings in smoke filled rooms there could be a movie made of this - but posts on here amazes me surly all any of us want including the villain of the closed season Buster Chapman is the Aces back on track . Or maybe some on here just like to moan and even some will revile in the fact if the Aces was to close .

The speculation and cloke and dagger meetings in smoke filled rooms there could be a movie made of this - but posts on here amazes me surly all any of us want including the villain of the closed season Buster Chapman is the Aces back on track . Or maybe some on here just like to moan and even some will revile in the fact if the Aces was to close .

I can not imagine for one moment anyone would revile in the fact if the Aces were to close. I do however believe people will continue to speculate and ask questions, after all is not what living in a democracy gives people the right to do?

I can not imagine for one moment anyone would revile in the fact if the Aces were to close. I do however believe people will continue to speculate and ask questions, after all is not what living in a democracy gives people the right to do?

read some of the posts some seem to me to almost be enjoying this the I told you so mob for starters
  • Like 1

Having previously seen and heard many of the happenings within speedway at first hand I DO NOT AGREE with this. I believe everyone's actions should be open and accountable for good or bad, without this there is no deterrent and can even be classed as enticing for people in a position of power to act in an unethical manner.

Maybe it is time for the fans who WANT openness and transparency to start a movement and demand answers.

ps before anyone comments that it is rich coming from someone who took King's Lynn up into the Elite League in the place of Peterborough and Coventry, I would welcome any questions regarding that especially concerning what involvement the BSPA and other clubs had in that decision, albeit as the press obviously did not have the funds for investigative journalism at that time ;)

while transparency maybe seen a good thing , be honest would the sport in its present form run if everything was out in the open ? As I said there are a few on here who know what goes on and have to bite there lip including yourself , you may be talking now as you apear to have an axe to grind with your old man but would you be so open if you were still involved ?
  • Like 4

If that is true Phil, as you report it, then why doesn't Mr Philip Rising or his colleagues at Speedway Star start digging round, starting with you, and earn their money as journalists. It is disgraceful that the chairman of the governing body has the power to do this sort of thing and the lackeys on the board allow him to. Then people wonder why we cannot attract high profile sponsers and backers to the sport.

Thing is, will Speedy Star ask them ?

Speedway star HAVE done an indepth investigation last week as Phillip Rising has already mentioned.

I'm sure when more people can or are prepared to talk then maybe more facts will be forthcoming.

• Like 2

while transparency maybe seen a good thing , be honest would the sport in its present form run if everything was out in the open ? As I said there are a few on here who know what goes on and have to bite there lip including yourself , you may be talking now as you apear to have an axe to grind with your old man but would you be so open if you were still involved ?

Quite right DEAN. Young Chapman seems to be revelling in this, given the opportunity to do the old man and the BSPA, which has nothing in this case anything to do with BV. But he can't resist the opportunity can he ?. Buster must have been a lot happier man when you left him. I know I would of.

• Like 3

Quite right DEAN. Young Chapman seems to be revelling in this, given the opportunity to do the old man and the BSPA, which has nothing in this case anything to do with BV. But he can't resist the opportunity can he ?. Buster must have been a lot happier man when you left him. I know I would of.

that is very harsh none of no the reasons why JC left Kings Lynn and to be honest it's not mine or anyone else's business , all I do no is JC is greatly missed at the club and speedway in general is poorer without him .
  • Like 4

In the winter of discontent the BSPA were quite content for Coventry and Peterborough to go to the wall.

the bspa tell you everything they want you to hear and in a lot of cases that can be a good thing , there is a few on here that know what goes on , not just at belle vue but in general speedway and sometimes it's best kept secret

I can well believe that.

Edited by The White Knight

Need not waste my time writing a reply to this drivel, however you did make clear in your previous post your personal jealousy towards my achievements when you quoted how stupid I looked in my convertible BMW whilst driving to Cardiff.

I therefore believe it is you who has an axe to grind, I am now simply a supporter who is seeing the sport he loves continue to be torn apart and nose dive into a place of no return. I would comment as I do now, no matter who was in charge.

Obviously too much brain power required for you to comprehend and easier to try and protect the BSPA and its actions by tarnishing my comments as rubbish because I have an axe to grind.... sorry but I don't. I can confirm that I left King's Lynn at my own free will and any family issues are down to personal reasons away from speedway.

• Like 1

Need not waste my time writing a reply to this drivel, however you did make clear in your previous post your personal jealousy towards my achievements when you quoted how stupid I looked in my convertible BMW whilst driving to Cardiff.

Plenty of my own so why would I be jealous of yours

I therefore believe it is you who has an axe to grind, I am now simply a supporter who is seeing the sport he loves continue to be torn apart and nose dive into a place of no return. I would comment as I do now, no matter who was in charge.

Dream on as it was DEAN that had previously mentioned that you had an axe to grind, not me, but I agree with him.

Obviously too much brain power required for you to comprehend and easier to try and protect the BSPA and its actions by tarnishing my comments as rubbish because I have an axe to grind.... sorry but I don't. I can confirm that I left King's Lynn at my own free will and any family issues are down to personal reasons away from speedway.

See, I knew you would admit at last. Family probably better off then.

I don't rubbish your comments I read them with interest, I was just saying that you seem to have an axe to grind with your old man and would you still be so open if you were involved in the sport not whoever was in charge, my point in all this is some things are better kept out of the public
  • Like 2

Don't worry it's not even March 1st yet is it? Any minute now all will be revealed about the Aces in 2017. Lots of riders say that they are riding there even if we don't know who is employing them, I hope they have got it in writing! If so many riders are often owed money in speedway what use are the contracts that we are so often shown held up in congratulatory photos? IOUs?

• Like 1