British Speedway Forum

But apparently Belle Vue recently voted to keep this rule.

I agree that it is crazy that you can't have a replacement, but everyone clearly thought Poole would bring in Chris Holder and voted to keep it.

Poole probably wanted to bring in Chris Holder and voted to scrap it.

Everyone voted for themselves rather than seeing the bigger picture, which is the possibility of teams full of guests and r/r come the end of the year.

I actually agree with you. You should be able to sign a replacement. But everyone complained last year because Poole and Wolves brought riders in, and this is the result of that.

I'm agreeing with you.

No team can re-introduce a rider from last season unless they are declared in this season's starting 1-7. No way would Holder (or Pedersen, Lindback Buczkowski for that matter) be allowed back in this season.

• Like 1

No team can re-introduce a rider from last season unless they are declared in this season's starting 1-7. No way would Holder (or Pedersen, Lindback Buczkowski for that matter) be allowed back in this season.

Nothing should bevallowed to get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, especially if it involves Poole!

As for Andersen, he attempted to ride a meeting in Poland but withdrew and didn't ride again. He said he couldn't grip the throttle tight enough. The injury was completely genuine and all Poole fans would have prefered Andersen, who was riding well, to a brought in Landback who did nothing other than let us down.

Again Matt Ford the only promoter to see the folly of not being able to make injury replacements. Just goes to show how he understands the rules and the repercussions of an injury after the cut off date, where others think they are invincible until an injury comes knocking.

Bad luck to Belle Vue on losing Fricke. Poole fans know what its like from last season when we lost Hans at Leicester. Not replaceable but you just have to get on with it.

Advantage Wolves if they steer clear of any injuries.

You're not really following the form are you, Swindon favourites for the title ahead of Belle Vue, in my opinion.

• Like 3

Erm, he did ride. In Poland. After he was replaced at Poole due to a season ending injury!

Yep and pulled out of the meeting.

Nothing should bevallowed to get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, especially if it involves Poole!

As for Andersen, he attempted to ride a meeting in Poland but withdrew and didn't ride again. He said he couldn't grip the throttle tight enough. The injury was completely genuine and all Poole fans would have prefered Andersen, who was riding well, to a brought in Landback who did nothing other than let us down.

jeez shovy you are taking the p--s no poole fan would have preferred hans to an in form lindback but it just backfired bigtime simples.

• Like 1

jeez shovy you are taking the p--s no poole fan would have preferred hans to an in form lindback but it just backfired bigtime simples.

Completely disagree. We were stuffed without Andersen who was scoring very well when the injury occurred. Lindback hadn't ridden here for years and to expect him to just come in and score the same or more than Andersen was an impossibility, and so it proved. 5 points first leg, and r/r in the second leaving us weak. Andersen was always good for 10-12 which would have seen us through to the final had he been fit. We suffered last year and Belle Vue could suffer this time around.

Did you expect Matt Ford to run with r/r in both legs? It showed we couldn't cover for Andersen in the second leg when we ran out of riders.

You're not really following the form are you, Swindon favourites for the title ahead of Belle Vue, in my opinion.

No. Wolves are favourites imo. Full 1-7, massive home advantage. Swindon on a run, granted but they don't particularly go well at Monmore and Wolves could easily win it in the home leg with a big enough lead.

Steve i saw his fingers after that, he had no chance of riding.

I bet you see a lot of fingers .mainly a middle one and a v sign most of the time .
  • Like 2

Completely disagree. We were stuffed without Andersen who was scoring very well when the injury occurred. Lindback hadn't ridden here for years and to expect him to just come in and score the same or more than Andersen was an impossibility, and so it proved. 5 points first leg, and r/r in the second leaving us weak. Andersen was always good for 10-12 which would have seen us through to the final had he been fit. We suffered last year and Belle Vue could suffer this time around.

Did you expect Matt Ford to run with r/r in both legs? It showed we couldn't cover for Andersen in the second leg when we ran out of riders.

No. Wolves are favourites imo. Full 1-7, massive home advantage. Swindon on a run, granted but they don't particularly go well at Monmore and Wolves could easily win it in the home leg with a big enough lead.

I see it like this at moment,1. Swindon 2. Belle Vue 3. Wolves 4. Poole. Swindon pick Poole leaving Belle Vue v Wolves. Then a Swindon v Belle Vue final.

how do Swindon not go well at Wolves? Lost by 6 earlier in the season and now have Ellis at reserve and a former Wolf in Musielek in the team now! Swindon would gladly settle for a 6 point loss if the teams meet

Yep and pulled out of the meeting.

Do you understand the term season ending.

Belle Vue supporters were up in arm when Wolves signed a ringer for the play offs. I know some fans support the move but it's not for me.

Belle Vue supporters were up in arms when Poole signed a better replacement for a rider who it was falsely claimed had a season ending injury. I know some fans support the move but it's not for me.

Belle Vue fans are up in arms as they cannot sign a replacement for a young rider who has broken his neck. I know some fans support the move but it's not for me.

There was a brief discussion on how well poles go around monmore a couple of months ago. We were treated to many examples of poles who go well at the horror track therefore I'm sure Musielak is (apparently like all riders?) relishing his return.

Wolves crap support this season meant that they have had to sell riders to try and cover all the money they have spent on GP superstars over the last 12 months. Adams probably based his decision to sell Musielak on how good he is at his horror track. I watched his last ever meetings as a wolves rider and despite him being a pole it wasn't pretty.

It will be interesting to see how much he has learnt riding on proper speedway tracks (no skill involved, lol!) since he moved on.

Wolves are now clear favourites as they have been able to sign a replacement to cover their injuries. The most ironic thing about all this is the transfer deadline was only brought in to stop them signing woofinden for the cup bit again and it was wolves fans who were bleating the loudest (as ever) about the injury replacement for Andersen last season.

Tough on Swindon who are clearly the best team since signing Musielak, but Rosco will probably balls up the cup bit again. Belle Vue will finish second anyway so at the end of the day we've lost nothing at least as far as the new transfer rules are concerned. Losing Fricke in such a way is a terrible loss though and his recovery means much more to Aces fans than any cup win.

Even by your usual standards thats one heck of a crap post.

Nice to see you keep calling it a horror track.

That phrase, as well as being total b0llox is a tad boring...........try and show a bit more intellect in your posts

• Like 1

Do you understand the term season ending.

Yep, a British term taken from British (BSPA) rules for British speedway.

I'm surprised BV expect any sort of facility for Fricke as it didn't happen whilst riding in Britain!!? (ps that's a joke by the way!!) :D:D

• Like 1

Even by your usual standards thats one heck of a crap post.

Nice to see you keep calling it a horror track.

That phrase, as well as being total b0llox is a tad boring...........try and show a bit more intellect in your posts

To my mind which I think is fair, as in one not hugely biased against Wolves, their track and their supporters, who judging by the ones I have met are very decent, polite people, is that Swindon are now favourites for the title, due to their huge slice of luck with getting Museliak who I am sure has exceeded all expectations, also Bellego who has also exceeded expectations and of course they do have the best rider in the world, good luck to them, they built a team most thought wouldn't make the play offs and now they could win it.

• Like 2