British Speedway Forum

And whilst accessing Companies House, take a look at people, click on Gordon and see how many Dissolved/Liquidated businesses he has been associated with. I can't see how there was ever a notion of him being a successful businessman. Morton was sucked in by the dream and it has cost him dearly. Ironically, after Speedway, Morton was a Financial Adviser, but romance triumphed over pragmatism.

Many financial organisations take on ex sportspeople as financial advisors to flog their products to their sports contacts. Now I have no idea if Mr Morton was any good or not but it is a practice used by many companies. Many footballers have been conned into flogging rubbish products to other footballers.

There was the case of quite a few snooker players who were fleeced out of a lot of money by investing in dodgy investments sold to them by an ex snooker player.

Edited by A ORLOV

Seeing as we are running next years lets look forward to that whats your team for next year i will start us off.

C Cook 9.88

M Fricke 9.91

P Hougaard 8.71

S Worrall 8.51

M P Toft 5.18

D bewley 4.00

M Williamson 3.76

All have links with the club and all ride the NSS well.

The interesting bit for me in all this is the role of the BSPA.

How long have they been in talks with Manchester City Council about ousting the current promoters and would it be right to assume that they have been doing this negotiating behind the backs of Messrs Morton, Gordon and Carswell?

As the BSPA has confidently stated that Belle Vue will be racing again next year in the top league, would it be fair to assume that they have their chosen promoter(s) primed and waiting in the wings and that some arrangement has been made with Manchester City Council to sweeten the arrangement for the chosen ones?

Yes, the busines model was flawed but there is a funny smell about this affair and I am not sure that speedway fans will be too pleased if they find out some kind of skulduggery has taken place.

Perhaps it is just my suspicious nature looking for a dead body that isn't there.

I notice that I seem to live round the corner from Chris Morton.

Do you think I should pop round and sound him out?

:unsure:

• Like 1

Seeing as we are running next years lets look forward to that whats your team for next year i will start us off.

C Cook 9.88

M Fricke 9.91

P Hougaard 8.71

S Worrall 8.51

M P Toft 5.18

D bewley 4.00

M Williamson 3.76

Very good at home...

Not sure about away?

Be good to just get a team on track though...

Very good at home...

Not sure about away?

Be good to just get a team on track though...

True but there are going to be a few odd looking teams this year so who knows until we see them all.

Could swap Fricke and Williamson for Zager and Payne.

But as you say the important thing is having a club that runs next year.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/belle-vue-aces-bosses-say-12129749

Gives a tiny bit of info. We could have it rent free untill work had finished. Then we had to start paying rent which we never did

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/belle-vue-aces-bosses-say-12129749

Gives a tiny bit of info. We could have it rent free untill work had finished. Then we had to start paying rent which we never did

Thanks for that, Phil The Ace.

I think that this is going to get a little messy and all this shenanigans will surely lower the reputation of speedway even further than it's current lowly position!

I have a feeling that any day now, it will be announced that some great saviour on a white charger is about to ride in and save the day and we will all be expected to be tremendously grateful for this selfless act.

Something fishy here, methinks.

:unsure:

According to the MEN things are worse than we thought.

Yesterday they were talking about a £7 million stadium.

Today it is £8 million.

Is financial incompetence catching?

C Cook 9.88

M Fricke 9.91

P Hougaard 8.71

S Worrall 8.51

M P Toft 5.18

D bewley 4.00

M Williamson 3.76

Didn't Toft end up with a 7.01 average at Scunthorpe.

I do understand that while the stadium has terrific facilities that can be used for weddings, conferences, etc, its location is not exactly a prime one and they have found it hard to attract such events.

WHAT?! People don't want to get married in a speedway stadium?

You'll be telling member that all them pop groups rather than playing on the centre (with the sound down - as no loud noises like fireworks allowed) are choosing to play in indoor arenas too.

I hate saying it but told you so. The whole thing has been a farce from start to end!

As for giving them credit for building it etc. Are you kidding? I could build an £7m stadium with other people's money too!

My point is:

A top rider rides in Poland. Flies into Manchester airport, Rides at Belle Vue. Flies back. This guy ain't driving down South.

Have you ever been in an UBER Cab??!! ;)

WHAT?! People don't want to get married in a speedway stadium?

You'll be telling member that all them pop groups rather than playing on the centre (with the sound down - as no loud noises like fireworks allowed) are choosing to play in indoor arenas too.

I hate saying it but told you so. The whole thing has been a farce from start to end!

As for giving them credit for building it etc. Are you kidding? I could build an £7m stadium with other people's money too!

Somerset have weddings at the Oak Tree.

Isle of Wight have arranged a firework display and a pop concert at Smallbrook (and that's in November only).

Its possible.

The Speedway Family could help Mort and David Gordon with their predicament, if the will was there!

Help another promotion who didn't even make a token repayment gesture to the council? Why should they?

Clearly the bspa were well aware of the dire situation Belle Vue were in and had the sense to talk to the council.

It doesn't matter who takes over as long as they are capable of fulfilling their obligations to the leage and to the council.

The idea of weddings/business meetings rental etc is a dead one. And as for the pitch in the middle there must be hundreds of pitches in Manchester for use for virtually nothing. Better to put a mini speedway track in the middlevand charge for lessons.

• Like 3

Somerset have weddings at the Oak Tree.

Isle of Wight have arranged a firework display and a pop concert at Smallbrook (and that's in November only).

Its possible.

Neither are in Manchester with all the alternatives available.It might work out in the country or on a small island,but Manchester is a big city with plenty of other(better) places i'd guess