British Speedway Forum

That's only accurate up until the 2014 season. In 2015 the outside lines came back when the reported boulders/concrete or whatever it was, was removed from turn 3. In 2016 turns 1 and 2 were great out of gate 4 with the rider usually passing the other three around the boards (Skidders speciality) . Bends 3 and 4 were awesome with esp Bellego dialing in the outside line with the others following in his groove.

I keep reading that the track needs working on to work with the new team (usually from those who haven't been for a few years), but the lines are already there waiting for them.....trust me...

Well no, because the straight drive from 1 and 2 just doesnt happen as it used to, as going inside is just much quicker - no matter what is done to bends 3 and 4. Skidders speciality??? lol - heard it all now, one of the most average riders I have ever seen - a permanent second stringer. Wasnt in the same league as the likes of Kerr and Matty T around the STMP.

Well no, because the straight drive from 1 and 2 just doesnt happen as it used to, as going inside is just much quicker - no matter what is done to bends 3 and 4. Skidders speciality??? lol - heard it all now, one of the most average riders I have ever seen - a permanent second stringer. Wasnt in the same league as the likes of Kerr and Matty T around the STMP.

They were the best around the outside that I saw.

[

Ian, now your big buddy has left will you come back to your spiritual home or are you staying at them up the road?/quote]

Agree with Matty T and C Kerr been the best 2 riders around the track for excitement, but Bellego and Bjerre came very very close to them. Saying that what your saying doesn't add to your argument as you cant compare the track today with the first two seasons as these two riders will possibly never ride it again. The overall point I was saying is that you said there is only an inside line these days, but you are wrong on that point as the outside line was very much back in use last season. Bellego rode it constantly and eventually it became the fastest line which others followed. I cant really comment on turns 1 and 2 as I sit in the stand,,other than I will stick to my original comment that whenever Skidders was on gate 3 or 4 he was 9 times out of ten at the back going into turn 1 but in front out of turn 2. Anyway, if the track stays the same, its going to be fireworks next season with the team we have put together. Roll on March. UTB.

Just to add, Bellego was always the one who was learning the track, passing on info to the other riders and geeing them up and played a captains roll all season, compared to Lasse who preferred to sit on his deck chair in his corner of the pits checking his phone between races instead of been the captain, until he was dropped of that position then got the hump about it.

[

Ian, now your big buddy has left will you come back to your spiritual home or are you staying at them up the road?/quote]

I'm afraid I haven't been to a Speedway Meeting for over two years now. I will not go on principle.

I will not attend as long as 'Double Points' is in operation.

I do not agree with it and will NOT pay to watch it. It gets me upset and angry and I can do that on my own without paying for it.

That said - I hope both Redcar and Newcastle have very successful Seasons in 2017. Good luck to both of them.

I'm afraid I haven't been to a Speedway Meeting for over two years now. I will not go on principle.

I will not attend as long as 'Double Points' is in operation..

so,,, do you attend cup matches or play-offs ??? ;)

so,,, do you attend cup matches or play-offs ??? ;)

No - I don't.

Why would I go to a Cup Match and then not be able to go the following week.

Far better to make a complete break until the stupid bloody Rule is done away with.

Anyway RD - most folk know my views by now and most folk probably think I am crackers - but that is the way I feel.

I get your reasoning wk but what I've decided is I don't care about the rules or the politics anymore, I don't get a programme or care about averages or who wins what because the double points and crazy situation with guests and du and downers is bonkers. I just go to watch good racing hopefully. Crazy really but I can't take it serious but I still enjoy a good race. Get your reasoning though twk

• Like 8

I get your reasoning wk but what I've decided is I don't care about the rules or the politics anymore, I don't get a programme or care about averages or who wins what because the double points and crazy situation with guests and du and downers is bonkers. I just go to watch good racing hopefully. Crazy really but I can't take it serious but I still enjoy a good race. Get your reasoning though twk

Couldn't have put it better if I tried
  • Like 1

No - I don't.

Why would I go to a Cup Match and then not be able to go the following week.

Far better to make a complete break until the stupid bloody Rule is done away with.

Anyway RD - most folk know my views by now and most folk probably think I am crackers - but that is the way I feel.

I don't think you're crackers I have to agree with you and admire your stance , they should have left the joker with Eddie Waring on It's knock out Can you imagine this sort of thing happening in football or maybe a boxing match , it would look good with points leading boxer having to go a round with one arm tied behind his back.

As I have always said, when Glynn T brought the corner in on bend 1 and 2, with a new kerb it shortened the track and it also gave a new inside line which previously did not exist - most rides now play follow the leader around this inside line, the outside line used to be the quickest way around with Chris Kerr and Matt T doing it best of all, but since there was this new inside line it makes it much harder to go around, it could be prepared to try and encourage more, especially on bends 3 and 4 but the dirt is too deep.

Yes as you have always said and always been wrong. The inside line into bends 1 and 2, has never been altered, since Brian Havelock installed the kerb in March 2007. I don't care what some journo said in Speedway Star, to get his column inches in, it never happened. Do you know Glyn Taylor, well I do and I asked him about it the last time I saw him. He said he never got round to doing it. Incidentally there is an outside line, around bends 1and 2 and plenty of riders found it, Danny King for a start.

• Like 1

I will not attend as long as 'Double Points' is in operation.

I do not agree with it and will NOT pay to watch it. It gets me upset and angry and I can do that on my own without paying for it.

That said - I hope both Redcar and Newcastle have very successful Seasons in 2017. Good luck to both of them.

As a matter of interest have you considered watching NL? The double points rule has been scrapped there. Im not going to pretend that the standard isn't different because it is but the entertainment level is high as is the unpredictability of heats & matches.

Not sure what NL tracks you would be close to though?

As a matter of interest have you considered watching NL? The double points rule has been scrapped there. Im not going to pretend that the standard isn't different because it is but the entertainment level is high as is the unpredictability of heats & matches.

Not sure what NL tracks you would be close to though?

I'm sure TWK will answer this himself, but his nearest track would be Stoke or Buxton I would think (without checking),