British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

The Collapse Of The Pound And The Effect On The El

I believe at this time it is impossible to defend brexit.

• Like 2

Price of fuel up 5p a litre. Price of food up about 5% but house prices down on average £1000 so the loss on fuel and food is wiped out by the gain on buying a house. Great news for most people under 35 who don't yet own a home.

According to this every household will be around 4,300 quid worse off.Of course that is an average,so some will be worse than that and others not so badly hit

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/hard-brexit-cost-uk-economy-9025913

According to this every household will be around 4,300 quid worse off.Of course that is an average,so some will be worse than that and others not so badly hit

This video will give you all you need to know - https://www.facebook.com/doreentiptonlazycow/videos/527898177335281/

Wow, a Scottish Newspaper against Brexit!! Who would've thought it?!!

• Like 2

So every country outside the EU is on the slippery slope to collapse? Sorry to go off topic but we prospered before the EU and we will prosper after it as long as the pessimists and those who are beaten before they start are defeated.I cannot believe that the EU will cut off its nose to spite its face regarding trade.For those who can remember that far back,the value of the pound sterling dropped after we left the ERM and heralded years of growth.Greece is an excellent example of the disaster that fixed exchange rates bring.Economies go in cycles,the strain is taken by the exchange rate.

• Like 3

So every country outside the EU is on the slippery slope to collapse? Sorry to go off topic but we prospered before the EU and we will prosper after it

Sorry to burst your bubble but the UK was a basket case before they joined the EU.Pretty much begged to get in and were turned down by Charles de Gaulle on a couple of ocassions i think

• Like 1

When does this start? Because right now I'm doing well out of it, benefits of investing money outside the UK/pound. OK My wages are not worth as much this month but the house I want to buy in the next few years has lost far more than my wages so I'm winning big right now.

Frankly if the average Brit who is up to their eyeballs in debt gets idioted then you'll not catch me crying for them.

Yet another one refusing to accept democracy,when people don't vote the way you wish them too.We had a vote on June 23rd and we clearly voted to leave the corrupt cartel known as the EU, Your side lost, what part of 'we voted to leave the EU ,don't you understand. I expect every person on this forum has been on the losing side in votes, it happens get over it.

Your side in the referendum had the whole government machine behind them including the huge resources of the civil service.Cameron was allowed to spend over £9 million of taxpayer money on pro EU propaganda.You had half of the Tory party,most of the Cabinet,virtually all of the Labour Party,the LIb Dems, SNP, Plaid Cymru,Greens, SInn Fein/IRA. The CBI,TUC,NFU,Unite, Unison,big business threatening their employees to vote remain. The EU funded BBC spouting pro EU propaganda 24/7, Sky,ITV and Channel 4 all supporting the Remain side.

Even large sections of the Press, MIrror ,Guardian,Times,FT,Observer, Mail on Sunday,People were all on the Remain side, Cameron even drafted Obama in to threaten us,and he even begged other foreign leaders to support the remain side. And yet you claim the vote was unfair. :rofl: and that people didn't know what they were voting for.

It is blissfully ironic and symbolic that one of your biggest Remain supporters Christine Lagarde head of the IMF will be shortly standing trial in a Paris courtroom, for financial irregularities and corruption,, Somethings are beyond parody. :D

When did I ever say I never accepted democracy ...seeing I never have your rant has been a complete waste of time and Effort ...reading down your guff I see another bit where I said vote was unfair ...yet again I check my posts I have never said that once on on any topic about the subject ? I can only guess that you got me mix up with someone else .

What I did say is intill years after we leave will we will only then understand if was the right thing to do ..most decent people with half cell no matter what side you voted would think the same way ..as for irony I think your find Farage supporting Trump after telling Obama to keep his nose out will take some beating .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Sorry to burst your bubble but the UK was a basket case before they joined the EU.Pretty much begged to get in and were turned down by Charles de Gaulle on a couple of ocassions i think

BUT that was to join a Common Market. Had it remained that we would still be happy to be in it. It was only when we had to give away our sovereignty and ability to govern ourselves that it went pear shaped. Common Market and European Union are entirely different.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 3

Pound has been overvalued and was heading for a slide whether we were in or out.

The Bank of England have been trying to inflate the economy since the crash in 08 so all this is working for UK Plc but not in the employees (us).

The US elections next month will be another predicted shake up.

Sorry to go off topic but we prospered before the EU and we will prosper after it as long as the pessimists and those who are beaten before they start are defeated.

You wait and see what happens when the price of cod goes up 10 bob. There'll be riots at Rye House. Pitched battles with zimmerframes and walking sticks; colostomy bags popping a' plenty.

Agree with you though - now is not the time to be pessimistic. Particularly given the pearls of wisdom being bestowed upon us by such illuminaries as Boris Johnson and Theresa 'safe pair of hands' May. Indeed, even Jeremy Corbyn tore her to pieces at PM Questions today. That's of course after he has already caused yet another tory U-turn; this time by forcing her hand (even supported by some tory MP's) into releasing her plans for a Brexit Strategy prior to Clause 50 being implemented. At the moment; I actually perceive this to be an exercise book; devoid of any real substance but full of 'doodles'.

It's replica will, no doubt, appear at the BSPA 'Conference' later this year.

Sorry but in relation to Brexit, the term "peeing in the wind" has never been more poignant than at any time during my life.

This current mob are utterly clueless; and anyone that truly thinks otherwise is either blinkered, brainwashed - or quite possibly both.

Don't agree, look at this hostoric GDP graph.. we were growing even back then. Infact, Thatcher actually made it worse! Hopefully the link works let me know if it doesn't

http://cdn.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-kingdom-gdp.png?s=wgdpuk&v=201610011542o&d1=19160101&d2=20161231

Edited by Deano

When does this start? Because right now I'm doing well out of it, benefits of investing money outside the UK/pound. OK My wages are not worth as much this month but the house I want to buy in the next few years has lost far more than my wages so I'm winning big right now.

Frankly if the average Brit who is up to their eyeballs in debt gets idioted then you'll not catch me crying for them.

Weren't you the one who kept telling us that you would never buy a property, as renting was much the better idea.?

• Like 1