British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

The Collapse Of The Pound And The Effect On The El

A lot of people seem to be selflessly doing it for their grandchildren. Maybe they should let their grandchildren make up their minds on the matter when the time comes?

It will be too late then as only one is at university, and she and her boyfriend voted to leave without any prompting from me, the others are still at school, anyway the decision is being made now.

It may be the situation that what we are doing is the kick up the backside that those in charge of the eu need, the same as the one our politicians received, but I doubt they will understand it .

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

I am in Spain at the moment (Alicante) and filled up with petrol at 1.28 Euros per litre.yesterday.

Well considering the average fuel price across Spain last week was 1.186, I think it's fair to say that you truly live up to your name.
  • Like 1

A lot of people seem to be selflessly doing it for their grandchildren. Maybe they should let their grandchildren make up their minds on the matter when the time comes?

It really is time for some people to move on and accept the democratic decision made by the British public. Sad :rolleyes:

• Like 8

It will be too late then as only one is at university, and she and her boyfriend voted to leave without any prompting from me, the others are still at school, anyway the decision is being made now.

It may be the situation that what we are doing is the kick up the backside that those in charge of the eu need, the same as the one our politicians received but I doubt it .

Yes, they don't get it still and probably never will.

The problem (if problem is the correct word) is that there is a basic and all important difference between how we view the EU and how most (certainly the politicians) on the continent view it.

They are sworn to ever closer political union where as to us it has always been about economics. They just can't seem to grasp that becoming part of a United States of Europe is, at a very basic level, simply wrong to most Brits.

And those that did vote remain are in denial about where the EU is, was, trying to drag us.

• Like 2

Yes, they don't get it still and probably never will.

The problem (if problem is the correct word) is that there is a basic and all important difference between how we view the EU and how most (certainly the politicians) on the continent view it.

They are sworn to ever closer political union where as to us it has always been about economics. They just can't seem to grasp that becoming part of a United States of Europe is, at a very basic level, simply wrong to most Brits.

And those that did vote remain are in denial about where the EU is, was, trying to drag us.

And those that voted out are in denial of the catastrophic damage voting out has and will cause the UK.

The damage to the UK economy is already visible way before Article 50 has been invoked. It seems these brexitears have happily given away 25% of the salary without a blink.

If someone came up to them and grabbed their wallet, saw there was a thousand quid in there and took £250 out and handed the wallet back, the victim would punch the perpetrator on the nose and call the police to report a mugging. But these pro-brexit voters have just done exactly that to the remainers. And the irony is, they have also done it to themselves.

Why on earth do people think the World's economic prosperity centres on the EU?!

It doesn't! End of!

• Like 5

And those that voted out are in denial of the catastrophic damage voting out has and will cause the UK.

The damage to the UK economy is already visible way before Article 50 has been invoked. It seems these brexitears have happily given away 25% of the salary without a blink.

If someone came up to them and grabbed their wallet, saw there was a thousand quid in there and took £250 out and handed the wallet back, the victim would punch the perpetrator on the nose and call the police to report a mugging. But these pro-brexit voters have just done exactly that to the remainers. And the irony is, they have also done it to themselves.

What a load of cobblers, when are you going to stop the wind up.

Did you moan like this when previously petrol was a lot more expensive than it is now or when the £ was worth one euro.

It has all changed and it will again, but at least we will not be being told what to do by the eu.

Why on earth do people think the World's economic prosperity centres on the EU?!

It doesn't! End of!

Could not agree more, the figures do not show that and we are doing better than the eu.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WeURiShfU

This is a 'must watch' and was made in 2004, although it obviously has an agenda, a chill will go down your spine if you have the time to watch it all the way through. A lot of foresight was shown by so many appearing in it given that 12 years have since passed.

I could say so much more but you really need to watch it in full to appreciate what we are in the process of extricating ourselves from. If anyone thinks parts of it are factually inaccurate then I would like to know in what way.

Please watch, the British people have made the right decision.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WeURiShfU

This is a 'must watch' and was made in 2004, although it obviously has an agenda, a chill will go down your spine if you have the time to watch it all the way through. A lot of foresight was shown by so many appearing in it given that 12 years have since passed.

I could say so much more but you really need to watch it in full to appreciate what we are in the process of extricating ourselves from. If anyone thinks parts of it are factually inaccurate then I would like to know in what way.

Please watch, the British people have made the right decision.

Never did trust that Heath and many of his cronies.

I, and many others, were not naive enough to believe there would not be some financial pain in the short/medium term but, on balance, thought the advantages outweighed the monetary cost.

The EU is struggling to keep itself together and may well implode - the Euro cannot last given the current mix of countries that are tied to it and how inflexible it is for them.

I, and many others, were not naive enough to believe there would not be some financial pain in the short/medium term but, on balance, thought the advantages outweighed the monetary cost.

The EU is struggling to keep itself together and may well implode - the Euro cannot last given the current mix of countries that are tied to it and how inflexible it is for them.

and Jimmy Krankie wants to take Scotland there as well... :rofl::rofl: pure comedy gold

That is all well and good Tony but it didn't stop the flower importer going bust recently and all the raw material I buy for my engineering company has gone up but I can't pass on the increase. Transport costs are already rising too. What advantages will my business/me see?

• Like 1

I'm in Europe but spend over half a million euros a year with British companies, no one can seem to provide me with an answer as to if there's going to be any kind of extra tariffs when Brexit is finally triggered. Depending on the result of the uk's negotiations i may have to end up buying elsewhere in Europe. I'm just a small company, how many other companies both small and big are in this position ?

Oh , and the price of speedway spares has gone up 20% since june !

• Like 1

I'm in Europe but spend over half a million euros a year with British companies, no one can seem to provide me with an answer as to if there's going to be any kind of extra tariffs when Brexit is finally triggered. Depending on the result of the uk's negotiations i may have to end up buying elsewhere in Europe. I'm just a small company, how many other companies both small and big are in this position ?

Oh , and the price of speedway spares has gone up 20% since june !

Standard yearly increase at Belhams then.