British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway28

Nl Pairs 16th October

King's Lynn website says a preview will be on there a little later this week.

Just looked and not even a mention about a future preview...that away loss by the Young Stars at Buxton must really have been a shock to the system.

4 days before the event and were still not sure of the line ups!! usual Speedway organisation coming into play

3 days now... Is it or isn't it actually on? Pathetic (total lack of) organisation and (total lack of) promotion going on here. And this at the track of the BSPA supremo himself. Has anyone heard anything mentioned about this event at their local tracks? Don't recall anything being said last time at Perry Barr.

Just looked and not even a mention about a future preview...that away loss by the Young Stars at Buxton must really have been a shock to the system.

3 days now... Is it or isn't it actually on? Pathetic (total lack of) organisation and (total lack of) promotion going on here. And this at the track of the BSPA supremo himself. Has anyone heard anything mentioned about this event at their local tracks? Don't recall anything being said last time at Perry Barr.

Its mentioned on the Eastbourne rain off bit.

Have to agree, though. A major NL event and we have no idea who is riding or whether it is even definitely on.

• Like 1

. You wouldn't be saying that if you had won it. Suppose you think the same of the league and the KO cup... trophies are overrated right?

Trophies are always over-rated if your team doesn't win! Thought everybody knew that.

Anyway, clearly Buxton are more focussed on their previous night's vital National Trophy against the Stoke Potters.

Which neatly brings us back round to meaningless contests.....

I have been out and bought a lovely tin of emulsion (magnolia) for my bathroom.

I shall be spending Saturday night watching it dry as that will be far more entertaining than last Saturday's "entertainment".

And at least there is a pretty good chance that my lights won't pack up.

If I had to wager 50p on the outcome of the Pairs, I think I would venture it on the Cradley duo but it is a hard one to decide.

Be careful out there, it's a dangerous world.

:t:

Good luck to Rob Branford and Ben Morley in the pairs sunday,,No last places is the key to winning this meeting as Ben and Danny Ayers showed last year ,,.

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Anyone seen a preview for this anywhere?It's about 30 hours away and I can't find one.

I've looked in the places you would expect. i.e. BSPA and track staging it, King's Lynn, and not a sausage :mad: Very disappointing but not in any way surprising given the state of Lynn's PR this season.

And the powers that be wonder why fans are disillusioned, not to mention the riders taking part (assuming they have been told it's happening of course :wink: )

• Like 1

Not sure many people are over-bothered. One meeting too many: the 4s and Individual are enough.

The crowd for this meeting last year was poor. With a dodgy weather forecast for Sunday, I can't see it improving.

I’ve become very disillusioned with speedway this year. My regular trips to Rye have become less and at the moment I really couldn’t give a dam about speedway anymore. Not renewed my Speedway Star subscription for the first time in nearly 50 years. What I can’t understand the fans seem just to be taken for granted. Are the people that run the once great sport I knew are so far stuck up their own backsides? They don’t give a dam about supporters! To think the BSPA website is showing an incorrect line-up just about sums it up for me.

Had there have been a decent line-up then I’d have probably left my Londinium home but when the BSPA can’t even put an updated line-up I’ll not bother. I so hope I’m not lost to speedway but I really can’t see it getting any better with sport being run by Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Statler and Waldorf! Infact the Muppets could probably run it better!

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf

• Like 2

Anyone seen a preview for this anywhere?It's about 30 hours away and I can't find one.

I've looked in the places you would expect. i.e. BSPA and track staging it, King's Lynn, and not a sausage :mad: Very disappointing but not in any way surprising given the state of Lynn's PR this season.

And the powers that be wonder why fans are disillusioned, not to mention the riders taking part (assuming they have been told it's happening of course :wink: )

Shockingly poor as there are still no announcements. All I can find is that Clegg and Morris are in for Cradley on the Heathens website.

Not sure many people are over-bothered. One meeting too many: the 4s and Individual are enough.

If memory serves me correctly, this was a very decent meeting last year. The problem, I suspect, s not that the Pairs is one too many but that it is being held at the very tail end of the season and has become little more than an afterthought. To be fair, that's not totally the fault of the NL or King's Lynn.

It didn't even get a review in these week's Speedway Star - totally forgotten by everybody? Great promotion by nobody. Shame.

The young lads deserve better.

• Like 2

So far we know

Ash&Max

Perry&Smith

• Like 1