British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

But Auty is better so will easily top both averages, right? :rofl:

Err no, Auty will never be a world beater. I'd take him on his average over Howarth on Howarth's average. I'd take him on Howarths average over Howarth on Auty's average.

That is all, you can submit more stats to back up your argument, 75 times over. I'd still pick Auty over Howarth. Hands down.

No more needs to be said, there is very little between them stat wise, I do not know if Auty is expected to be a heat leader at Leicester since the Lions have not completed their team, Howarth has avoided that status agian in the EL. In the PL Howarth is going to have to step up to heat leader (top 2) status something he has never done before. Which Auty has been accustomed to for several years.

Isn't it about time we let the Howarth /Auty debate drop.

On their day they are both capable of beating anybody and it's great they are two very gutsy British riders.

I don't think it matters who is the best but I'm glad that Josh is riding for the lions again this season then on the other hand I'd be happy to have Kyle in our team too.

Thanks

Shirl

Indeed, but Stevebrum is a persistent annoyance.

No B'yawn'e please, he was even a chicane gating tart at Wimbourne Road last year.

Edited by Col

Lebedevs

Erik Riss

Danny Ayres

And

Kevin Wolbert

Ouch.......

.@SpeedwayLions complete their 2017 line-up with the signings of Andzejs Lebedevs, Kevin Wolbert, Erik Riss and Danny Ayres. #speedway

Where's JK?

Wonder why they didn't sign Lawson in the end as he's stronger than most of that line up

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Looks like a team to battle with Somerset at the foot of the table

• Like 1

Nilsson

Auty

Riss

Wolbert

Gomolski

Lebedevs

Ayres

I'm guessing how will line up, presume lebedevs will be at reserve?

Pretty awful, guess a strong reserve and solid enough riders but no real leader there, who you can put on a tac ride and know they will pick up 6 points, instead it's a pot luck card

.@SpeedwayLions complete their 2017 line-up with the signings of Andzejs Lebedevs, Kevin Wolbert, Erik Riss and Danny Ayres. #speedway

Where's JK?

Wonder why they didn't sign Lawson in the end as he's stronger than most of that line up

Reason lawson ain't there is because of Coventry. Your move to leicester forced Leicester to keep saturday night racing. And lawson rides for Glasgow that is also a Saturday night racing.

Not the team I expected that. DIddnt even guess any of the..

Good signing in lebedevs though

No big hitter for sure. Lebedev should prove entertaining IF he lasts the course of the season. It does look like a struggling team and the major question is will it attract enough of a crowd?

Hope for the Lions fans you get the Edinburgh Wolbert and not the Glasgow one ;0 , would have been better of with Sedgy

• Like 1

risky team hope it works out Gomolski and lebedev Saturday tracks Poland the next day ?

Hope for the Lions fans you get the Edinburgh Wolbert and not the Glasgow one ;0 , would have been better of with Sedgy

Unless sedgman is elsewhere;)

• Like 2

Don't think this septet is as bad as people are making out... a lot depends on the commitment of Lebedevs and Gomolski considering the Polish league aspect. My main concern is the fact there isn't much experience of the league, so away results may be indifferent. Only Nilsson and Auty raced in the Elite League last year. However, think this team will at least provide entertainment. Not to mention the fact WE HAVE GOT A TEAM! From going to looking like it was all over, to have a team of 7 riders we can all get behind is massive.

On a personal level, I've always enjoyed watching Lebedevs more than most whenever he's been involved in individual or european competitions. Didn't think we'd ever see him in Britain, let alone in Lions colours! As long as he is committed to riding for us for the whole season (NOT just using us until the foreign seasons start as we have seen in our short, recent top flight history), then I think we're gunna get some real excitement outta this boy!

• Like 1

That team is shocking !!! Great to see Leicester back in speedway but can only see that side struggling.