British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I am very glad to see the track changes are finally happening hopefully that Glyn will be allowed to do what he wants with the changes to try and provide the best track possible for racing.

This should get fans back in watching if the racing is better and will answer some of the critics on here who blame the track for lack of entertainment.

All I keep hearing from the new promotion is positive things and understand that they have plans to make more changes to give fans better entertainment and value for money

• Like 4

Does anyone know if Chris Popple will continue as centre green presenter or do you think the new regime will make a change?

Does anyone know if Chris Popple will continue as centre green presenter or do you think the new regime will make a change?

You never know, they might use Peter York as a "double upper". :D

• Like 3

Great to see the track alterations to bends 1&2 commencing next week. Even better that it's being done under the supervision of Glyn, hope that means he's got his job back for next season.

Fabulous news. Said I would never go there again if the track was left as it was, so I can know add the trip back into my diary.

Hopefully rather than just bringing in the bends, some thought could go into the shape to make as many racing lines as is physically possible.

• Like 1

Perhaps its too much pressure to cope and team league meetings is alot of commitment for a young lad, if it was split into regionalised individual leagues plus other individual meetings it may attract more to the sport who give it a go and realise they have natural ability... more mxers or grass track kids might do it

BSPA need to invest in this area supplying the bikes, kit and have former greats offering tuition, would progress youngatets at a better rate.

If most costs were subsidised do you think more kids from other disciplines would at least "have a go"

• Like 1

I wonder if glyn will come on here to give fans the run down of his plans on track changes,

I would bring in the bends to make the straights a lot shorter but it will be interesting to know Glyns plans.

If a rider cannot cope with the pressure or amount of fixtures at junior level they are no way ready to step up.

However I think that individual meetings & league format lower league racing could exist very happily side by side giving riders the choice to do one or both as they progress.

Sadly most grasstrackers are heading over to speedway anyway as its on its @rse as a sport. But i do completely agree that there should be more subsidised introduction days into the sport. There are already organisations that do training / introduction days. If the scb/bspa were to invest in booking these on behalf of some genuinely interested newcomers it would definitely be a step in the right direction. Even if 5 from 30 for example considered taking the sport up it would be a huge bonus.

• Like 1

We have at last got what we have wished for for a long time. That is the track put to rights, still not sure if it is wide enough, to give the extra racing lines. We will have to wait and see. The best news is that Glyn is doing the work. He did a top job at the other end so it makes sense to get him back to do the other end. Question is has he got the job back as TC. Hope so he knows more about BP than anyone else, so he should be the one doing all the tractor racing.

• Like 1

The new season for the Lions is becoming to look very exciting. We have a new owner who appears to want to entertain the fans, and he's putting his plans into place pretty sharpish! The web site is more informative and appealing, the riders he's put together are racers, he's kept the price of entry down and now he's getting turns 1&2 sorted. Hopefully his enthusiasm will continue and we can see the crowds return to BP. Well done Damien Bates.

• Like 3

Similar feel to the Martin Rogers rescue act. Bates is obviously listening to Darcy, who is probably enjoying his responsibility and freedom from the tinpot dictator ( blimey,almost forgot his name for a second)

• Like 1

Similar feel to the Martin Rogers rescue act. Bates is obviously listening to Darcy, who is probably enjoying his responsibility and freedom from the tinpot dictator ( blimey,almost forgot his name for a second)

Who might that be then

David 'Kim Jun Helmsley by any chance (think he's been exiled to North Korea )

Who might that be then

David 'Kim Jun Helmsley by any chance (think he's been exiled to North Korea )

• Like 3

Perhaps its too much pressure to cope and team league meetings is alot of commitment for a young lad, if it was split into regionalised individual leagues plus other individual meetings it may attract more to the sport who give it a go and realise they have natural ability... more mxers or grass track kids might do it

BSPA need to invest in this area supplying the bikes, kit and have former greats offering tuition, would progress youngatets at a better rate.

If most costs were subsidised do you think more kids from other disciplines would at least "have a go"

we don't want more from other disciplines thanks you , the Mx fraternity are vile, both the parents and the kids . speedway is for speedway people . selfish, posing, one-upmanship, and bragging about who has the most money is for MX types . speedway is already polluted with Mx types without encouraging more

So chuffed that Glyn Taylor now being recgonised for his abilities as a track curator. Hats off big time to the new Leicester promotion for seeing what the supporters see and want ! Sometimes the news ain't negative with regards British speedway

• Like 4