British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

No Steve I wasn't referring to Dave Darcy it was somebody else with the same First name.

Mr Bates was interested in purchasing Leicester last season but didn't want to take on the debts that had been incurred and also the price quoted to him for promoting rights and to have a lease on the stadium was a lot higher than what deal Buster negotiated to "Save" Leicester from closing and for the good of Speedway. The Chapmans made it clear in this contract that they had the rights to sell the business on if they wish and the lease was included in this.

I am sure there will be a couple of familiar names involved in the Leicester management format all with good speedway background the club is in a lot stronger place now so well done to all

No Steve I wasn't referring to Dave Darcy it was somebody else with the same First name.

Mr Bates was interested in purchasing Leicester last season but didn't want to take on the debts that had been incurred and also the price quoted to him for promoting rights and to have a lease on the stadium was a lot higher than what deal Buster negotiated to "Save" Leicester from closing and for the good of Speedway. The Chapmans made it clear in this contract that they had the rights to sell the business on if they wish and the lease was included in this.

I am sure there will be a couple of familiar names involved in the Leicester management format all with good speedway background the club is in a lot stronger place now so well done to all

• Like 1

Keith Chapman = Winston Wolf

He's certainly had to solve a few problems for a few clubs for the coming season.

Glad to hear Darcy wasn't dumped on. Would have been extremely unfair.

Good luck to the new promotion. Lets hope the club get the support it needs to survive and thrive.

I am sure there will be a couple of familiar names involved in the Leicester management format all with good speedway background the club is in a lot stronger place now so well done to allNo Steve I wasn't referring to Dave Darcy it was somebody else with the same First name.

Yes I knew who you meant, glad he finally got the club at the right price, Let's hope they make the track changes and have a great season.

It's taken a while but finally the end objective has been reached with some very positive moves happen.

There is only really one loser from this situation and they have had the wool pulled over their eyes and have lost out.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Glad to hear Darcy wasn't dumped on. Would have been extremely unfair.

Good luck to the new promotion. Lets hope the club get the support it needs to survive and thrive.

Thought you had got the solicitors in already on Darcy's behalf :P

Is it possible that Leicester and Sheffield will swap leagues before the season starts?

Gives Leicester a chance to re-build and re-establish local goodwill/reputation; and Sheffield could get Richard Lawson!

Is it possible that Leicester and Sheffield will swap leagues before the season starts?

Gives Leicester a chance to re-build and re-establish local goodwill/reputation; and Sheffield could get Richard Lawson!

No thanks, we have an excellent team for the league we are in, never know might get promoted at the end of the season

• Like 1

No thanks, we have an excellent team for the league we are in, never know might get promoted at the end of the season

You might be in the promotion/relegation playoff against Leicester.

What has happened? Chapman sold out before a wheel has turned?

Darcy quit over Coventry travk sharing?

Gets muddier by the minute!

So I guess that is Darcy. As he has been humiliated and lost his job as promoter, I should imagine he will sue for some serious compensation.

Steve I think more often than not you usually post some quite good stuff on here, but these two posts look way off the mark.

Steve I think more often than not you usually post some quite good stuff on here, but these two posts look way off the mark.

Yes, I was thinking that. Glory in the problems that others are having, only one on here then a muddler.

• Like 1

What about Eric Boocock for team manager.

What about Eric Boocock for team manager.

He is OK with the old Premier league level teams, not so hot in the old elite League...

Perhaps we need a foreign manager, Marek Cieslak perhaps?