British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

I'm over the moon with that signing, just hope I don't jinx him like I always appear to do in the Aussie Champs...I've learnt to keep quiet and not shout him on anymore.

I wonder how Ipswich can fit Justin into their team? :drink:

According to some fans (If you re-declare your team after 1st May all riders new averages should be used). Taking the new averages Ipswich are above the points limit and Justin's average is above Nico's average (taking his start of the season average and his current Premiership average converted). :cheers:

Could someone tell me who Glasgow race in the quarter final's of the KO Cup since Berwick and Ipswich had to start the season with the KO Cup quarter final. Berwick rider's could then have been the same as Scunny and have raced the required matches before the 1st May (being able to change their team with the 1st May ruling not applying).. :t:

Good luck in the semi final whoever you get (could be a while).

According to some fans (If you re-declare your team after 1st May all riders new averages should be used). Taking the new averages Ipswich are above the points limit and Justin's average is above Nico's average (taking his start of the season average and his current Premiership average converted). :cheers:

Could someone tell me who Glasgow race in the quarter final's of the KO Cup since Berwick and Ipswich had to start the season with the KO Cup quarter final. Berwick rider's could then have been the same as Scunny and have raced the required matches before the 1st May (being able to change their team with the 1st May ruling not applying).. :t:

Newcastle or Workington tie to be replayed , this was tied on aggregate over the two legs.

suppose it depends on when the redclaration was submitted - perhaps it was before May 1st. Havent looked on BSPA site to check dates.

What could also be the case is that although after May 1st new averages could be used (and some including me say should be used) this part if the regs is not being invoked by the MC when considering the redclaration.

Of course as a result where we may gain 0.11 with Nico we lose 2.57 with Danyon but cant have it both ways ☺

Just been on the witches web site and announcement(dated today 3/5/17) that Justin has now signed on 7.60 average to replace Nico.

and here's the tweet

@ipswichspeedway

Ipswich swoop for @JustinSedgmen as move is approved by BSPA - http://www.ipswichwitches.co/story/ipswich-swoop-for-sedgmen #speedway #Tru7Witches

Edited by Badge

Any news on how long Danyon may be out for?? If all season its gonna be tough for us to make play offs I think.

Well, we're not the only team looking for a 2pt reserve now.

Poor Danny Phillips of Newcastle and Kings Lynn Young Stars apparently broke his back and leg yesterday at Mildenhall. So many bad crashes already this season!

Really feel for him big time and only 20 I believe. Get well soon son!

It does however mean we are in competition for as good as we can get to replace Danyon, CL needs to get his finger out and get someone signed.

The shortage of available 2 pointers lends itself to talk of deliberate average reductions assuming teams don't to make multiple changes.

Every year I think the sport has reached the bottom of the stupidity pit when it comes to rules changes - and then someone in the BSPA finds a new spade.

• Like 1

I think Hume is nearly impossible to replace at home, Shane's being the only one capable of doing it.I think Greaves has improved but Ipswich do look weak at reserve now.

• Like 1

I think Hume is nearly impossible to replace at home, Shane's being the only one capable of doing it.I think Greaves has improved but Ipswich do look weak at reserve now.

Hard to disagree, Greaves is best of the bunch tbh! Still, miles better than Bacon.

• Like 1