British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

So with all the AGM decisions being based around the old PL format and averages, does that mean admission to all tracks will be at PL/Championship prices?!

Should be at least a quid or two cheaper for the majority of the 2016 EL clubs?!

Or Premiership 1.4 x Championship prices! (Just kidding!) :D

• Like 3

I'd suggest that's exactly how the promoters came up with their current ideas. Promotion/relegation is already used in Sweden and Poland, although teams do still pick and chose whether they want to be promoted. Riders like AJ double up in two leagues in Sweden. Now if we could only copy the Danish league's progression scheme where they offer track days and the use of a bike to get youngsters interested in the sport, we might be a goer.

The Swedish Leagues rider on different nights which makes doubling up easier. If we can't eliminate the miss-use of "guests" then we need to minimise it somehow

• Like 1

So with all the AGM decisions being based around the old PL format and averages, does that mean admission to all tracks will be at PL/Championship prices?!

Should be at least a quid or two cheaper for the majority of the 2016 EL clubs?!

Not in The Premiership, we'll probably have to pay EL prices x 1.4, so an increase! :nono::nono::nono:

The Swedish Leagues rider on different nights which makes doubling up easier. If we can't eliminate the miss-use of "guests" then we need to minimise it somehow

Do they actively encourage their riders to do 2 leagues, surely it's good for their careers?

If only SGBPrem and SGBChamp were able to race on differing nights too, even if it's 4 nights for Champ and 3 for Prem ...

I am at a loss to see what has been done that would encourage an increase in attendances

They have kept 'Double Points'. :sad: :sad: :sad:

:rofl: :rofl:

Some big changes but have there been enough?

Do not think costs have been addressed enough but we may not know yet all the changes the promoters have agreed to.

For me the TR rule should have been dumped and I cannot see the promotion and relegation working, it will certainly be interesting to see the make up of the teams in both leagues and how they compare.

With very few clubs actually breaking even and even less making a profit the money paid to riders is a big concern when money coming in from attendances does not cover all costs!!

Even a successful club like Glasgow ran at a loss, what chance for other clubs, it's a no win situation run like Redcar and break even or be successful and lose money.....

Some EL clubs were cheaper for me and my daughter to attend than some PL clubs in 2016.

Has the 'new foreigner' assessed average been agreed?

Might need a few to reduce the amount of DU's..

Would imagine somewhere around 7.5 - 8 looking at the quality of riders around those figures?

And how will any returning (not going to happen I am sure but just in case...) previous World level riders eg NP, Hancock, Emil etc be assessed?

Presume x1.4 from their last average? Or re-assessed like Lindback's was and then x1.4?

Time is cracking on to build the teams given the points limits and number of riders needed so presume all this is decided but not released?

The minimum average for a foreign rider is now 4.00 apparently. (SGB twitter)

The minimum average for a foreign rider is now 4.00 apparently. (SGB twitter)

Down from the 5 that was agreed last season. Good to see they're able to make a decision and stick to it!

Confirmed that it's minimum of two Brits per team (both leagues) and the SGB Premiership can have 2 point riders. Josh Bailey who didn't acheive a 3 point average will start on whatever average he actually got in 2016.

Down from the 5 that was agreed last season. Good to see they're able to make a decision and stick to it!

Some good decisions were made over the AGM I feel, but this is not one of them!

• Like 3

Some good decisions were made over the AGM I feel, but this is not one of them!

The only thing I will say in their defence is they have dropped the minimum average for Brits by a point too. But would prefer it if foreign riders couldn't drop below 5.