British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I don't think any of believe Kelvin will ride next season but please let us have our Christmas fun :drink:

I am with you there nothing wrong with dreaming !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ok we have all talked about Kelvin to keep the thread going ,though we know being in the team is just wishfull dreaming..But i do wish they would announce the third heat leader before there are none left worth a carrot ,As i see it Jack Smith my personal first choice ,,,Stoneman ,,, Shuttleworth or even Mason if he is fully commited to do all the away meetings ,,and Lakeside would suit his stye get out the gate and sit on the white line......

Ok we have all talked about Kelvin to keep the thread going ,though we know being in the team is just wishfull dreaming..But i do wish they would announce the third heat leader before there are none left worth a carrot ,As i see it Jack Smith my personal first choice ,,,Stoneman ,,, Shuttleworth or even Mason if he is fully commited to do all the away meetings ,,and Lakeside would suit his stye get out the gate and sit on the white line......

I suspect that Smith will be in Manchester (along with Shuttleworth & Phillips) & with Glasgow also running on Saturdays it may make that a non starter? I would be trying my hardest to get Stoneman or Mason the former being my top pick.

If Smith is out of the running then Stoneman would be number 1 choice with me to,,However Shane Hazelden at his best would be a good option allowing Hunter to start at reserve with an additional 4 pointer in the team ,,+one 3 pointer giving a more strength in depth side

People started talking about Leigh Lenham, Has this been kicked into the long grass?

People started talking about Leigh Lenham, Has this been kicked into the long grass?

I don't think it was ever out of the long grass, but if people are going to seriously talk about David Mason then Leigh Lanham is a far better bet, to do exactly the same sort of job only better ( that is better but stil boring).

The punters are not going to come through the turnstiles to so some 40 year old, pop out the gate and trundle round the white line like a mobile road block.

We need some young blood with the talent to improve not get worse. No more talk of David Mason please, don't even joke about it. Under 25's only.

I think you shouldn't dismiss Mason....

I don't think it was ever out of the long grass, but if people are going to seriously talk about David Mason then Leigh Lanham is a far better bet, to do exactly the same sort of job only better ( that is better but stil boring).

The punters are not going to come through the turnstiles to so some 40 year old, pop out the gate and trundle round the white line like a mobile road block.

We need some young blood with the talent to improve not get worse. No more talk of David Mason please, don't even joke about it. Under 25's only.

Who will the punters come through the turnstiles to see? I think Lanham would do a decent job.

You can't fit Lanham in now.

However if you'd signed Lanham instead of Morley for example you'd have a better rider on a lower average, Lanham averaged 4.34 in the Premier League last season compared to Morley's 3.85 while Lanham's NL average would be 8.68 compared to Morley's 9.22. This would also leave more points to play with lower down the order meaning David Mason's name wouldn't even be in the frame.

As a standalone NL club you have to look to win, not solely develop riders. With Wajtknecht, Bowtell and Hunter, plus whoever the two reserves may be there will be plenty of younger riders at Lakeside next year, one older rider leading from the front would only be a help to the younger team members.

Who will the punters come through the turnstiles to see? I think Lanham would do a decent job.

I know what you are saying. I agree he would put points on the board but every lap would be the same, round the white line on the bend, drift out to the fence on the straight to stop the outside run then back to the white line on the next bend. It is sooooo boring. Mason would be even worse. I just feel they need riders who are prepared to grab a handful of throttle and go for it even if they fall off in the process, as long as they gradually learn to stay on and improve over the season, which they should under Kelvins guidance.. Edited by E I Addio

I know what you are saying. I agree he would put points on the board but every lap would be the same, round the white line on the bend, drift out to the fence on the straight to stop the outside run then back to the white line on the next bend. It is sooooo boring. Mason would be even worse. I just feel they need riders who are prepared to grab a handful of throttle and go for it even if they fall off in the process, as long as they gradually learn to stay on and improve over the season, which they should under Kelvins guidance..

Iam not sure what the standard is like now if Iam being honest but all I would like to see is four riders racing and not falling off. If the racing is good that's what will make people go, when I watched it last time I didn't enjoy the standard of racing at all.

I would rather us sign riders under 25 or riders with a total of less than 8 years experience in the sport, i would not able to support a David Mason esk type of signing, its goes against the spirit of the Division.

• Like 2

NL speedway is by far the most entertaining you will not be disappointed

Have to agree, A little bit slower yes & some will fall off a few times. Just give it time & those who were falling off slowly will get quicker & stop on for longer as the season goes on.Watching a young rider improve week on week in front of you must be just as rewarding as watching 4 riders going flat out following each other evenly spaced apart.

• Like 1

Quite agree EIA. Like it or not the NL is essentially a training league and since the rules have been tightened it has started producing lots of good quality two and three pointers for the PL (Championship). I would like to see over a period of time older riders phased out so that eventually each team has just one 'old hand' and six youngsters, six riders who have the potential to ride at a higher level. I think NL matches are more attractive with more exciting teenage talent in the two sides.