British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I'm pretty new to this site but why does gustix get so much grief guys what has he done wrong,so I no for the future.

gustix has a style of posting that some people may find a little irritating in that he can be a bit heavy on the cut and paste technique!

But gustix has been around speedway for a very long time and has a great knowledge of the sport and indeed other forms of oval racing.

Some people seem unable to exercise a little tolerance and find themselves unable to look for a person's positive points rather than their negative ones.

It's all a bit of a game really, gustix will post something and the usual suspects will wade in and have a go at him.

Don't worry about it Mike0310, it just adds to the fascination of this wondrous place.

:t:

• Like 5

Judging by Cooks remarks on their website about our first Sunday meeting.i wonder if the race days may vary with some sats,, some fridays and sundays ..I hope we get a fixture list sooner rather than later if that proves to be the case so we can plan our summer....

Judging by Cooks remarks on their website about our first Sunday meeting.i wonder if the race days may vary with some sats,, some fridays and sundays ..I hope we get a fixture list sooner rather than later if that proves to be the case so we can plan our summer....

I think the intention always was that race days would vary, keeping away from Fridays where possible. Not sure if that will really work though.

Should be an interesting forum.

I don't know if I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but I have noticed that the latest announcement on the club website refers to Jon Cook and Kelvin Tatum as the "club bosses " but no mention of Stuart Douglas.

I don't know if I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but I have noticed that the latest announcement on the club website refers to Jon Cook and Kelvin Tatum as the "club bosses " but no mention of Stuart Douglas.

Perhaps you should read it as 'bosses' being those involved in the day to day running and Stuart Douglas being the (distant) 'owner'.

• Like 1

Are they saving the announcement of the last rider for the forum..?"""

Snapping up 2 x 4 point riders now seems like a shrewd move as most teams are searching for those that are no longer available. Bowtell or Hunter @ no 2 doesn't look so bad now that other sides are coming together however i still have the sneaky suspicion that the last place will be filled by a total rookie.

Snapping up 2 x 4 point riders now seems like a shrewd move as most teams are searching for those that are no longer available. Bowtell or Hunter @ no 2 doesn't look so bad now that other sides are coming together however i still have the sneaky suspicion that the last place will be filled by a total rookie.

By signing 2 of the best riders on that average they've effectively forced teams to sign weaker riders at number 4 on a similar average. Unintentional but beneficial when they come up against sides who have set up with a strong top 3.

• Like 1

You could be right but unfortunately Mason and Lawrence still look as poor as they did when first announced.

• Like 2

By what everyone is saying on all the threads the 39 point limit had done the trick, no one has a perfect team, strong top end vs strength in depth, younger teams vs more experience, just think we're lucky with the nl, going to be really open this year, roll on April.

• Like 3

Is anyone going to the fans forum? I would be interested to know what was said.

Hardly anyone went to EL race meets, so don't expect many to turn up to a NL Q&A session.