British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I cannot see the scenario of it being announced on speedway GB website if it had not already been approved.

• Like 1

I cannot see the scenario of it being announced on speedway GB website if it had not already been approved.

I am probably wrong in this assumption but I have an idea that many of the comments linked to clubs that appear on the SGB website are 'edited' from Press Releases previously made by a club? In which case, the matter in regard to Lakeside Hammers and Paul Hurry MAY just be a reiteration of a previously publicised Lakeside Hammers PR.

If that is the case, and SGB approval for Lakeside Hammers to use Paul Hurry has still to be ratified, and does not happen prior to this weekend's matches, in what way could the club now use coverage for his team place? Would a guest be permitted when there is a still available rider who if called on may decide to ride for the club.

Hopefully, ratification for Lakeside to use Paul Hurry will be forthcoming soon.

I'd be surprised.

My view is that Hurry should have had his average reassessed based upon his old EL one with a deduction for how long he has been out of the sport - to me, that's just reasonable.

Thing is that jealousy and spite across the NL has meant that others have not had such a reduction and so he shouldn't get it either.

Not that precedent ever counts for anything, that is. When you have a weak co-ordinator who is easily bullied basically its just a matter of make it up as you go along.

That exact scenario has happened for Craig Cook and Harland Cook in the last 2 seasons. So just because it's in the news section of the BSPA website doesn't mean it's been ratified.

I am probably wrong in this assumption but I have an idea that many of the comments linked to clubs that appear on the SGB website are 'edited' from Press Releases previously made by a club? In which case, the matter in regard to Lakeside Hammers and Paul Hurry MAY just be a reiteration of a previously publicised Lakeside Hammers PR.

If that is the case, and SGB approval for Lakeside Hammers to use Paul Hurry has still to be ratified, and does not happen prior to this weekend's matches, in what way could the club now use coverage for his team place? Would a guest be permitted when there is a still available rider who if called on may decide to ride for the club.

Hopefully, ratification for Lakeside to use Paul Hurry will be forthcoming soon.

Your assumption is spot on. That's what happens in the vast majority of cases.

Some clubs don't announce until everything is ratified; others say subject to ratification while others don't mention the need for approval.

Well, there is a meeting on Sunday so Lakeside should have declared their team to their opponents by now. I suspect we would have heard if for some reason Hurry is not included.

I doubt whether Lakeside would have made a public statement saying that David Mason is no longer with them if they weren't certain of having a replacement.

EDIT there is an away meeting on Saturday as well so I guess Hurry must have been approved.

Edited by E I Addio

That exact scenario has happened for Craig Cook and Harland Cook in the last 2 seasons. So just because it's in the news section of the BSPA website doesn't mean it's been ratified.

Well, there is a meeting on Sunday so Lakeside should have declared their team to their opponents by now. I suspect we would have heard if for some reason Hurry is not included.

I doubt whether Lakeside would have made a public statement saying that David Mason is no longer with them if they weren't certain of having a replacement.

EDIT there is an away meeting on Saturday as well so I guess Hurry must have been approved.

​This how the situation re Paul Hurry has been handled by Lakeside Hammers on their website, and then the SGB on their website.

LAKESIDE HAMMERS - Hammers In A Hurry, May 23, 2017:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/hammers-in-a-hurry/

The SGB website, May 24, 2017:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32348

::: The similarity in the quotes in both shown Links indicate that many items on the SGB website could well be just edited versions of club releases rather than a statement of fact on their part IMO. Other items on the SGB website where clubs are quoted also have a similarity to items previously posted on a club website. In other words, they do not indicate in many cases a statement of fact by the SGB - at least that's my view.

Edited by Guest

Surely the club wouldn't release the statement of his signing and sacking Mason if their was a chance this wouldn't be approved?

You wud think lakeside wud know better and only announce when 100 percent certain. I know clubs r still waiting on the outcome, cant be long surely.

One possible way to settle this is what was Paul's average listed as when he guested for Zach recently in a challenge fixture?

One possible way to settle this is what was Paul's average listed as when he guested for Zach recently in a challenge fixture?

Guests use the average of the rider they're replacing. So the answer is 8.59 technically, but it was a challenge so they can do what they want.

What a strange sport speedway has become - when a club releases its third highest points scorer yet still has places for those of presumably less ability and lower points scoring potential.

Less ability ,,lower points scoring potential ,urge ? ?.?? Are you joking Gustix

Edited by waco

Less ability ,,lower points scoring potential ,urge ? ?.?? Are you joking Gustix

Hurry will clean up in many meeting when he gets back to racing fitness back.

Including Paul Hurry so early in the season is a major coup for Jon Cook and Kelvin Tatum...still don't understand how they managed to

get his average low enough to do it, but good luck to them. Can only see the Hammers at the top of the table now.

• Like 1