British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Bad news for most Lakeside fans with the bottom three having to take 3 of Bowtell,s rides....,Not a good move from the management as there are several possible decent replacements,,... Not me,,,but some may decide not to attend for that reason and who could blame them,as the entertainment value could be reduced considerably ,,They are obviously banking that Buxton,s tail will be even weaker than our,s ,,,? chancy that.......

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

Bad news for most Lakeside fans with the bottom three having to take 3 of Bowtell,s rides....,Not a good move from the management as there are several possible decent replacements,,... Not me,,,but some may decide not to attend for that reason and who could blame them,as the entertainment value could be reduced considerably ,,They are obviously banking that Buxton,s tail will be even weaker than our,s ,,,? chancy that.......

Have to admit I am debating not going. Alfie and Zach have been the two most entertaining riders to watch and both are missing. Edited by liam

If it makes it a bit tighter then it would of been, surely that makes the fixture more attractive?

I will still be going regardless, there are so few meetings at lakeside, beggars can't be choosers!

• Like 1

I think that Jake Knight is guesting for Max Clegg as Clegg is riding for Edinburgh.

I didn't realise that but the point still stands as Knight is one of the league's top performers this season.

I have commented before on this forum..."Use it or lose it !" Go to every meeting and support your club or....make no mistake..

you WILL lose it. Then you will have no one to criticise. No one likes every aspect of every club, or every aspect of every rule,

but we have what we have, so enjoy it. It is my view, as a long standing supporter of Speedway, that racing these days is at the

very least, as good, or if not better than in the past, so don't moan about it...

That's like saying please come to our crap restuarant and eat our crap food, otherwise we might have to close and you won't be able to come again next year and enjoy the same poor standards.

Well guess what? those people don't come back, they find/do something else.

Meanwhile the owners of the restaurant now bankrupted, are forced to stand in line at the employment agency looking for another job and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Who are these possible decent replacements because I cannot see any. Check for yourself:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl17_issue_21.pdf

That's like saying please come to our crap restuarant and eat our crap food, otherwise we might have to close and you won't be able to come again next year and enjoy the same poor standards.

Meanwhile the owners of the restaurant now bankrupted, are forced to stand in line at the employment agency looking for another job and they have no one to blame but themselves.

But it's not the Lakeside management's (the restaurant owner's) fault that the BSPA can't run speedway

Who are these possible decent replacements because I cannot see any. Check for yourself:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl17_issue_21.pdf

Must admit the options are limited with alfies average although I would think priest or verge would both score more than RR will bring?

I just hope this decision doesn't swing the meeting too much or delay it into a bore fest.

Must admit the options are limited with alfies average although I would think priest or verge would both score more than RR will bring?

I just hope this decision doesn't swing the meeting too much or delay it into a bore fest.

Yeah Priest is the stand out option and started the season on an 8 point average, so is hardly shabby! Options are limited but there's options.

1. I don't agree with your analogy

2. I take it you will not be there on Friday

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 2

Claret73...You must be a sad person...Speedway is not a restaurant and the FACT is that the vast majority of what we watch is far from being "crap"

unless you are a top division Snob. Personally I thoroughly enjoy the roughness of the National League, watching the kids start up their careers where

some win, some lose. If Claret73 can only enjoy to world's top riders then he should travel to Poland every week-end.

Nah im not sad, just very unhappy, and that unhappyness is not down to some bias towards top riders, the problems are endemic to British Speedway at all levels, not just to Lakeside and not just to the NL.

I wish i could have the tolorance displayed by the likes of East End Fan, and many years ago I did, but not anymore.

The BSPA have slowly destroyed the buzz I used to get from the sport, its like being addicted to a drug but you cant take it anymore because it makes you sick. but if you don't take it you get withdrawal symptoms, simply walking away after 30 years is not easy to do and I don't want to be rid of speedway, I want it back like how it was when I enjoyed it.

As I've said before, IMO the racing is as good as it's ever been and while we may not like the doubling up system or other rules such as

our clubs not being able to sign riders on full contracts, in the end it is the racing that counts, not the politics.

• Like 1