British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

On the subject of 'throwing toys out of the pram', which team was guilty of 'throwing their toys out of the pram' and ruined the decent scoring system of league points by saying that their fans didn't link it when they only got 2 points for a home win instead of 3?

That would be our idiot promoter who thinks if anyone doesn’t agree with what he thinks means they are either stupid, biased or both.

• Like 1

Crickey...the opinions about Cookie and the club are alarming. And far too harsh in my opinion. He has, after all, given us some

speedway this year and obviously lost a lot of money doing it. OK we know things were far from perfect with different race days and

long periods with no meetings, but I think that the reason was beyond Cookie's control as he does not own the stadium. I cannot imagine

that any promoter with a brain would want to do anything other than run on a regular race day, so it must have been forced on him. He

has now come out publicly to say that he wants to go back where he was before, so I say "Good Luck" to him and let's get behind the

club.....As I've said on this forum many times...Use it or lose it.

• Like 4

Crickey...the opinions about Cookie and the club are alarming. And far too harsh in my opinion. He has, after all, given us some

speedway this year and obviously lost a lot of money doing it. OK we know things were far from perfect with different race days and

long periods with no meetings, but I think that the reason was beyond Cookie's control as he does not own the stadium. I cannot imagine

that any promoter with a brain would want to do anything other than run on a regular race day, so it must have been forced on him. He

has now come out publicly to say that he wants to go back where he was before, so I say "Good Luck" to him and let's get behind the

club.....As I've said on this forum many times...Use it or lose it.

I would take the opinions of a few posters with a pinch of salt mate they don't even support the club. The obsession with Cook is a bit worrying though I have to say it's almost as if he might have sacked them in a previous life or something lol. Edited by liam
  • Like 1

I don't support the Conservative party either but that does'nt mean i can't have an opinion on how they run the country ;)

And as for voice of reason, he used to work for the club so his opinion is just as valid as the next man, if not more so.

I don't support the Conservative party either but that does'nt mean i can't have an opinion on how they run the country ;)

And as for voice of reason, he used to work for the club so his opinion is just as valid as the next man, if not more so.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion Claret, I was just responding to East End regarding the views on Cook and the club being alarming from people who don't even support Lakeside that's why I said take those comments with a pinch of salt. I think you will find actual Lakeside supporters comments more positive. Edited by liam
  • Like 2

You mean the few hundred left? they have to be more positive, they wouldn’t go otherwise.

However most don’t comment on forums, they just vote with their feet.

You mean the few hundred left? they have to be more positive, they wouldnt go otherwise.

However most dont comment on forums, they just vote with their feet.

It's the ones on the forum we are talking about though lol. Regarding the crowds, let's just wait and see what they are like when Lakeside go back to the Premiership.

However most dont comment on forums, they just vote with their feet.

That applies right across Speedwáy, not just Lakeside. To some extent Cook is just a pawn in the game. He has some control over Lakeside but his and Lakeside's fortunes are inextricably linked to a sport whose ruling body simply cannot get that cannot get their act together. In 2010 their was an interview with Stuart Douglas in Speedwáy Star that put forward what I think was an excellent business plan for the sport, which is what you would expect from a level headed bloke like Stuart, and if the others had the sense to adopt it the sport wouldn't be in th dire financial situation it is now, but no, Rick Frost and Allen Trump thought they could buy their way to a Championship and Stuart's Plans were rejected and we had the winter of discontent. Both Trump and Frost are no l onger promoters . Poole and Swindon were not much better .

Jon Cook is no angel but he is a better option than some of the cowboys running it, especially Buster Chapman.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Cook intends to run premiership next season, he said the support was good for National League level but only half the fan base thought it was for them. He has told the landlords the dates required and he has asked to attend the pre agm meeting. He also said he was confident of moving to a brand new two wheeled sporting facility in the near future where the plan will then be to run both Premiership and National Leagues.

Wasn't the fan base quoted a few years ago as around 1200 ?? 200 - 300 a week = 75% - 80% drop !!! More fantasy from Mr Cook :nono:

Well I intend to win the lottery next year, drive an Aston Martin, fly to Mars and back and achieve world peace.

I will confirm later. :icon_smile_clown:

Id rather believe Kim Jong :shock:

if that's the case then happy days but why are the fans

the last to know again

Jon Cook and fans views don't go together

How about a little bit of arithmetic this Thursday?

Jon Cook + Informormation = Lies

How can anyone trust a thing this man says anymore?

In a word - No

• Like 1

Lakeside should just fold and all you moaners can then retire happy.

• Like 4

Lakeside should just fold and all you moaners can then retire happy.

I think some would like that Tony so they can say 'told you so' after they predicted the move to the national league was Cook's way of slowing killing the club lol. I wonder what the negative spin will be if he did secure the clubs long term future by getting the club involved with a new stadium. Edited by liam

Nobody (including ALL Speedway fans) wants Lakeside to fold. Obvioulsy.

All some of us want is Jon Cook to get a job commensurate to his ability. As I've alluded to before, stacking shelves in Lidl should suffice.

• Like 2

Nobody (including ALL Speedway fans) wants Lakeside to fold. Obvioulsy.

All some of us want is Jon Cook to get a job commensurate to his ability. As I've alluded to before, stacking shelves in Lidl should suffice.

I would be more concerned why your team keep getting the wooden spoon voice of reason lol

I tend to find that the opinions of people who 'used to work for the club' can be ridiculously prejudiced and biased.

I don't know its the case here, but many of such kind have a massive agenda and axe to grind.

• Like 3