British Speedway Forum

I did the Review for Newcastle a few years ago.

The bumper edition of the Star arrived today, a bit soggy but soon dried out!

So Brian Havelock did the Championship prediction for 2017 and while I have every respect for Brian (Workys No1 when I started watching) I cannot believe he rated Ipswich in 9th place and yet Workington in 2nd place......oh well each to their own. :approve:

Probably mixed them up because the other way it's probably about right.

Quite why they asked him beggars belief, I mean how many Championship and title winning sides has he put together, a bit like Cook in the Premiership.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

I did the Lynn one a few years ago, believe it or not haha

I did the Review for Newcastle a few years ago.

In the days of tac subs no less, was OK back then? 😉
  • Like 2

Just been to the local tesco so thought I'd pick up the star for the bumper issue, sold out. Good news for the ss if not for me. Il try to get one at Somerset tonight. Fingers crossed on the weather

Just been to the local tesco so thought I'd pick up the star for the bumper issue, sold out. Good news for the ss if not for me. Il try to get one at Somerset tonight. Fingers crossed on the weather

ANY problems call 020-83351113

ANY problems call 020-83351113

Thanks...both Sainsburys stores in Swindon had last week's copies yesterday and today. Tesco sold out.

Did you not feel guilty WK!!and shed a few tears for your beloved Sunderland.

No my friend I didn't. I have always been very well treated at Newcastle even though I am a Mackem.

I thoroughly enjoyed my times at both Newcastle and Redcar. I made many friends at both Tracks.

I would still have loved a Team at Sunderland though......................................................

No my friend I didn't. I have always been very well treated at Newcastle even though I am a Mackem.

I thoroughly enjoyed my times at both Newcastle and Redcar. I made many friends at both Tracks.

I would still have loved a Team at Sunderland though......................................................

Ah man, have you got a nose left since you've been cutting it off to spite your face?

My nose is a little short on the GP side lol

• Like 1

Ah man, have you got a nose left since you've been cutting it off to spite your face?

My nose is a little short on the GP side lol

he may have made more enemies than friends ;)

• Like 1

Yet again a superb pre season issue.

• Like 1

Amongst the several comments made by Swindon's Colin Pratt in this week's Star was the statement that the new (revised) team building limit after the first set of new averages has yet to be decided!!

Apparantly someone within the BSPA hierarchy has been appointed to set the new figure but nothing has been announced or advised to the clubs as yet!!

Edited by Skidder1

Amongst the several comments made by Swindon's Colin Pratt in this week's Star was the statement that the new (revised) team building limit after the first set of new averages has yet to be decided!!

Apparantly someone within the BSPA hierarchy has been appointed to set the new figure but nothing has been announced or advised to the clubs as yet!!

Matt Ford I`m sure will have appointed himself- obviously in the best interests of British speedway :lol:

• Like 2

A very good read this week with amusing reviews from Jon Cook and Brian Havelock on the respective chances for each team in both leagues, novel bearing in mind neither have ever put together a winning side with Havelock's classic placing Workington 2nd and Ipswich 9th in his championship list.

• Like 1