British Speedway Forum

Tyretrax, I think everyone can share your frustration, since we've all had something important lost/delayed in the post at some point. But surely it's obvious that this is the fault of the Royal Mail and/or your local postman, and not the Speedway Star. The standard of service from the Royal Mail has been sadly declining in recent years, despite sharp increases to the price of a first class stamp. Meanwhile, it's pretty clear that the Speedway Star do post out on time.

Of course, it's your choice whether you renew a subscription or not. But don't cut off your noise to spite your face if you enjoy reading the magazine.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

It's not just "my" postman Rob, West Central Scotland seems to have the problem. I don't blame the Star

Edited by tyretrax

It's not just "my" postman Rob, West Central Scotland seems to have the problem. I don't blame the Star

I wonder if it's the main sorting office. I've had the very odd occasion - normally around Christmas - where suddenly any magazine subscriptions or any parcels have taken over a week to arrive. And yet any 'regular letters' are arriving on time. If you speak to the postman, they will explain that certain items are being prioritized.

And sadly, while the Speedway Star can contact them, we all know in reality that the Royal Mail are unlikely to fix their ways.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

I think you're right.

The Star post out a few thousand magazines every Wednesday, and they all drop through letterboxes all over the country every Thursday.....except one.

...and it's always the same one.

Even if this were true (and I don't believe for one minute that it is) then only someone without a single operating braincell could think this was in some way the Star's fault and not his own local postman.

What's the saying? "Everyone's out of step except our Johnny"?

I think we have a professional whinger here with an agenda against the Star.

Not true, myself & friends in Edinburgh generally take delivery of Fridays, and occasionally Thursday, or Saturday/Monday.

This week's arrived on Thursday.

I believe the Post Office are the culprits for late delivery and I now accept that Friday is the norm for our area.

I suspect that although the envelopes are marked First Class, they never carry a date stamp, and the Sorting Office use this as way to process them as lower priority mail.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

We get other people's post on a reasonably regular occasion...usually it's up the road somewhere so we just drop it through for them .occasionally it's an address the other side of town..God knows him who might get our post sometimes !!..very poor...you can do no more than put something in the post with the right address and right postage...it's sort of out of your hands then as to when it arrives..

• Like 1

No star today ... so no holiday reading for me

You could always buy a Book..................................... :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

:)

• Like 1

Bought another copy on the way to the airport .....need to get the Star delivered in plastic wrapper too many times it's spoilt by water ingress

Bought another copy on the way to the airport .....need to get the Star delivered in plastic wrapper too many times it's spoilt by water ingress

COULD you elaborate?

Edited by PHILIPRISING

COULD you elaborate?

I asked about plastic wrapping a while ago, I think the answer was, too expensive

COULD you elaborate?

Sounds like his copy was very wet when he received it.

Just guessing.