British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

A Summary Of Problems

Let's just clarify all the problems within the Premiership at the moment club by club, and just discuss in one overall forum.

Belle Vue= Have huge financial problems as we all know and look like they will struggle this season even if they have a team.

Coventry= Well with the recent news do they have a stadium or not all looks a bit of a pickle

King's Lynn= Not to many problems, just there owner seems more bothered in other clubs than the one he actually owns.

Leicester= Financial problems which hopefully will all be sorted by the weekend, things are starting to look on the up.

Poole= We don't have a main team sponsor. I imagine we have had offers just Mr Ford will want six figures to buy more assets (Max Fricke, watch this space)

Rye House= Looks pretty good, but have spent a lot of money and well it's speedway and you never know. Seem to have owners who don't know to much about speedway from some of the things i have read.

Somerset= Built within there limits which is fine just seem very weak and will not want to be relegated. BUT once again on the face of things it looks very good.

Swindon= Will this stadium be ready or not??? Who knows, In my honest opinion the NSS should be in Swindon not in Manchester far more accessible for the fans from the UK.

Wolves= They seem pretty good actually and of all the teams right now seem the most secure.

Wolves, Rye and Somerset all look good. Poole will be in best shape once they have a sponsor and Kings Lynn once Buster announces on Friday. Leicester seem like they are going to run. Swindon just need this Stadium to get going and from last couple of pictures it looks like its on its way. BV and Coventry well who knows seem like its good news one minute bad news the next.

, In my honest opinion the NSS should be in Swindon not in Manchester far more accessible for the fans from the UK.

But no one was putting forward the money to fulfill your wishes. It was forthcoming in Manchester, who would say no to an offer like that.

But no one was putting forward the money to fulfill your wishes. It was forthcoming in Manchester, who would say no to an offer like that.

for all the money being put forward in Manchester was it really worth it ? It bankrupted the promotion and the club . Whoever runs the Aces will the stadium ever break even let alone make a £1 or 2 I have my doubts on that one .

'King's Lynn's owner seems more bothered about other clubs than the one he actually owns'. That's called being the BSPA's top man and having to clear up the mess of two failed promotions.

If only he had somebody like Rob Lyon to look after his own club in his absence.....

• Like 1

What a sorryfull state our sport is in. A lot of us has been saying this for some time, but the BSPA seemed reluctant to make those changes needed to survive. But at last they now recognise the dire straight's the sport is in and hopefully we can now turn the corner. The sport could not continue to pay our these huge fees for top riders, our numbers won't allow that to happen. But I see no reason why we cant have competitive racing that we can afford, and COULD interest new fans..

After all they don't know who NKI is...... onwards and upwards......

• Like 1

I live in windon but Manchester is a central location for all British fans. The new Abbey should be ready in June.

Edited by Alfred Stopcock
  • Like 1

'King's Lynn's owner seems more bothered about other clubs than the one he actually owns'. That's called being the BSPA's top man and having to clear up the mess of two failed promotions.

If only he had somebody like Rob Lyon to look after his own club in his absence.....

Have to agree with you Gordon, Damn shame Buster doesn't have Rob Lyon as promoter at King's Lynn.

I live in windon but Manchester is a central location for all British fans. The new Abbey should be ready in June.

Manchester is easy to travel for riders but for Fans no. The two largest supported clubs in UK are Poole and Swindon followed by Coventry and Wolves. And it is much closer to London which means riders could travel to it easy and if they were driving with Vans then it is a shorter drive and also closer to Cardiff would have made more sense.

How can the NSS be in Swindon when we are having to reduce to a small stadium in the corner of a car park so that houses can be built?

• Like 1

Have to agree with you Gordon, Damn shame Buster doesn't have Rob Lyon as promoter at King's Lynn.

thought he was co promotor since changes there ?

thought he was co promotor since changes there ?

Rob was Co-promoter but from 2017 (while Buster is BSPA Chairman at least) will run King's Lynn Speedway.

The two largest supported clubs in UK are Poole and Swindon followed by Coventry and Wolves.

Where does that information come from if clubs don't publish attendance figures ?

• Like 2

Why do you think Belle Vue will struggle this year ? , not announced the line up yet ?

I have always had this perception, that if the specticle is good enough the fans will come. Obviously with a winning team, they are a bigger draw than one that is losing alll the time. Although there can only be one winner at the end, there can be many winners along the way. Attending speedway at the NSS has got to be a winner, regardless of the team. As long as people feel entertained and not ripped off, the support will be there.

Because there is not a better venue in the whole of the country, you have a massive advantage in Manchester. Treat the fans right and the rest will follow. The actual members of the team is not important at this point, all you want is riders that appreciates the superb race track and who prepared to give 100% to the cause.....

• Like 2