British Speedway Forum

Sgb Logos - Your Vote Please!

I actually like Logo Two

AW..bless em. The sgb. They do try. !😰

Edited by Sniffy

Only one has got a speedway bike on it and even that one is a bit naff, the other two are no good as anyone who does not follow speedway would not have a clue what SGB is.

With the new names most people would think it is something to do with football.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Surely they could have run a contest to come up with a logo. Missed opportunity to engage with the fans.

• Like 2

Surely they could have run a contest to come up with a logo. Missed opportunity to engage with the fans.

And do you think that the poll does not engage with the fans. At times people in speedway always default to the moan option. :nono:

And do you think that the poll does not engage with the fans. At times people in speedway always default to the moan option. :nono:

Not really. I'm sure there are some talented people out there who could come up with a great logo. Could have taken entries, decided on the best three and then let the fans vote.

Plus, having people email entries in helps you build up a customer database to communicate with.

Edited by AlanF
  • Like 2

Only one has got a speedway bike on it and even that one is a bit naff, the other two are no good as anyone who does not follow speedway would not have a clue what SGB is.

With the new names most people would think it is something to do with football.

Exactly.

Only No.1 is of any use at all. At least it has a speedway bike on it.

None of the others have any reference to speedway at all. Has anyone done any market research with these? I guarantee if you showed them to the public they would assume that it's an advert for Scaffolding Great Britain, as they are the most famous user of the SGB acronym.

This looks like a poor effort from the losing team at the branding task on The Apprentice.

BSPA go back to the cafe and decide who's coming into the boardroom....cos at least one of you is going to get fired.

I agree with you Dutchgrasstrack. These things can be established with a DIRECT vote rather than all the nonsense of having to enter an email address to cast a vote.

And yet people are always suggesting that BSPA should be more proactive in its marketing, so what happens when they set up something to harvest e-mail addresses? People whinge.

• Like 1

And yet people are always suggesting that BSPA should be more proactive in its marketing, so what happens when they set up something to harvest e-mail addresses? People whinge.

I am not sure Posters are criticising the BSPA for setting up the competition (of sorts). Rather are they unimpressed by the suggested logos. And in recent Posts there are two instances - both German - of more impressive logos and both mention the word SPEEDWAY.

Who designed these then?

AndyP from AP Media would be my guess. Also the man in charge of the block button on Twitter because they're always interested in what the fans think :rolleyes: