British Speedway Forum
Skid Sprocket

And The Good News Is,

In all honesty I have no idea who this Jack Keen is. My supposition is that it's one of my 'many detractors' under an alias, but obviously I have no idea how to find out who it is. I see the JK Likes sometimes at the bottom my posts. However, I never check the symbol at the top of a page where LIKES are listed.

I am not sure how many LIKES this section registers before reverting to a new start. At the moment there are 44 LIKES recorded. Previously the register went to more than 50 before reverting to a new start.

If there is a member who can advise me how to find out who JK might be it would be appreciated - send a PM if you do not want the message to appear on site. I did a members' check on Jack Keen and noticed, as has Gemini, that this member has never posted a message.

Well he seems keen on you Gustix.

You just don't give up with the anti-gustix vendetta do you? And other like you!

Maybe I made the Links I did to possibly help Posters on this thread to negate what is said in them and give a happier tone about future possible happenings in the speedway world at large.

...and I did just as suggested by OP Skid Sprocket - which he welcomed - and now gives those who Post on those threads an insight into a possibly 'happier speedway future.'

I didn't think you needed to be prompted, you post links on every thread you're on.

• Like 2

In all honesty I have no idea who this Jack Keen is. My supposition is that it's one of my 'many detractors' under an alias, but obviously I have no idea how to find out who it is. I see the JK Likes sometimes at the bottom my posts. However, I never check the symbol at the top of a page where LIKES are listed.

I am not sure how many LIKES this section registers before reverting to a new start. At the moment there are 44 LIKES recorded. Previously the register went to more than 50 before reverting to a new start.

If there is a member who can advise me how to find out who JK might be it would be appreciated - send a PM if you do not want the message to appear on site. I did a members' check on Jack Keen and noticed, as has Gemini, that this member has never posted a message.

Well he seems keen on you Gustix.

The so-called JACK KEEN LIKES are from what you imply B.V 72 a creation designed to annoy me. And I do get the funny side of your quote "...Well he seems keen on you Gustix..." !!!

Edited by Guest

Although you have to carefully read every word that Gustic posts, on this occasion "the good news is" that he did post a link to this one on both the other threads. You have to give credit where its due.

He only put the post on the other thread to balance out his first errors. Why would he want to put the link on this thread anyway. Bloody attention seeker and antagonistic old man.

• Like 4

In all honesty I have no idea who this Jack Keen is.

Could he be a Hot Rod fan who was attracted to this forum by your post on the Hot Rod forum telling people to have a look at the thread on the BSF?

• Like 3

​Some good news is that speedway is looking to its future via its development of youth policy as this Press Release explains.

http://www.younglionsspeedway.co.uk/isle-of-wight-training-camp-for-young-lions/

"After weeks in the planning the Young Lions Management are delighted to announce with the support of the BSPA and in association with the Isle of Wight with be holding a 3 day GB Training Camp at the Isle of Wight on February 14th, 15th and 16th.

"After the success of the pre-season training in France in 2016, Neil Vatcher said, “I was keen to try and make this an annual event."

"With the Senior Team making plans to go to Croatia in early March as they did in 2016 , along with some selected Under 21 riders, I was keen for the junior riders to also have the opportunity without having the amount of travel and cost of travelling to Europe.

"With going to the Island, the riders will still need to organise their own travel and hotel arrangements, so all good experience for the future, but without the cost of travelling to Europe.

"Also the Island track being so big and powerful it is probably the most like an European track this side of the Channel, and there are also facilities at the stadium, not only to spend two days on track but also to spend time in the gym and to have some mechanical and media training.

"Details will follow shortly of what the schedule will be."

Edited by Guest

My suggestion for positive things about Speedway, is, the fans. Speedway folk are generally a friendly bunch. I often go to matches by myself, and it is rare not to have a pleasant chat with someone nearby.

• Like 6

My suggestion for positive things about Speedway, is, the fans. Speedway folk are generally a friendly bunch. I often go to matches by myself, and it is rare not to have a pleasant chat with someone nearby.

Same here. You can turn up at any track, walk up to almost anyone and ask about their team, this or that rider and after a spilt-second (if any) funny look, you've started a conversation. May it always be that way...

• Like 6

Here is some good news on the SGB/BSPA website in regard to future plans for "speedway youth":

THE BSPA are pleased to confirm Great Britain boss Alun Rossiter will again be taking his squad to Croatia for a pre-season training camp in 2017.

And in further good news for the national side, a formal tie-up with Poultec Training is now in place which will see the riders benefit from the state-of-the-art facilities at their Norfolk base.

Members of the GB squad built up to the 2016 campaign with the trip to Gorican, where they were joined by fitness professional Paul Suggitt, who has also put the sport’s aspiring youngsters through their paces over the last year as part of the Poultec apprenticeship scheme.

The 2017 preparations in Croatia will also involve the senior squad being joined by some of the country’s top under-21s in the build-up to the new season.

Rossiter said: “The Croatian trip was very successful last March, and I’d like to place on record my thanks to the BSPA for their support in making sure it happens again in 2017.

“We’ll be going in the first week of March once again. It was a good way to start things off in 2016 building up to a very successful night in Manchester at the World Cup, and it’s very worthwhile for the British boys with that event in mind as well as for their own individual seasons.

“We know this is something other nations have done for several years and I’m pleased we can now offer our riders the facilities to get some serious practice done and make sure they are in good shape.

“I’m also delighted to be teaming up with Poultec, and we are extremely grateful to Ed Bales (Poultec MD) for what he has to offer, as well as Olly Allen who is so committed to the apprenticeship scheme and has given me great support.

“Their facilities are second to none. We can put the boys through their paces in terms of fitness work, the gym equipment there is outstanding, and they also have an outdoor track area used in their training courses which will be ideal for team bonding exercises.

“There’s been a very good team atmosphere at recent World Cups but it’s always something which can be improved still further, which is not always easy when the riders are only really coming together for a few days, and so this will be another benefit.

“I took a look at the facilities last season on a day when Swindon were racing at King’s Lynn, I had a chat with the people there and I was hugely impressed with everything they have to offer.

“We’ll be getting together before we go to Croatia just to see where the boys are at, and when we get out there we’ll be doing further assessments as well as getting them plenty of track time at an ideal venue for pre-season work.

“This has all been in our plans for a while, and a lot of hard work has gone into putting it all together. It doesn’t happen overnight but over the last year or so things have fallen into place and now we’ve been able to go that one step further with the help of Ed, who I can’t thank enough for his support.”

Edited by Guest

Wimbledon Stadium opened in the late 1920s and was for many years a leading centre for speedway in London.

It closes in March 2017 before being demolished. It will leave those Londoners who want to watch speedway having to travel outside the London area to Rye House, Lakeside Hammers (at Arena Essex), or to Kent Kings (at Sittingbourne} for their nearest tracks.

Does this count as cheerful first comment to the thread's OP?

Worst track in my living memory to be honest.

I've seen more passing amongst the zimmerframe brigade along Eastboune seafront! ;)

Wimbledon Stadium opened in the late 1920s and was for many years a leading centre for speedway in London.

It closes in March 2017 before being demolished. It will leave those Londoners who want to watch speedway having to travel outside the London area to Rye House, Lakeside Hammers (at Arena Essex), or to Kent Kings (at Sittingbourne} for their nearest tracks.

Does this count as cheerful first comment to the thread's OP?

I've seen more passing amongst the zimmerframe brigade along Eastboune seafront! ;)

I can recall Wimbledon 'zimmerframe' riders like Ronnie Moore, Barry Briggs, Oliver Hart, Norman Parker and Olle Nygren at Plough Lane and how they had to struggle to get round that track. And as for overtaking - well I cannot recall them ever doing that either. Well said The Voice of Reason. And I don't want a follow-up Poster saying my opinion is wrong!!! :oops::oops::oops:

Now that's all done-and-dusted about the Wimbledon track,let's return to the real thread which is 'And The Good News Is'.

Edited by Guest

Regarding Wimbledon.....I once saw John Davis fall off during the pre-meeting rider parade and no helmet on! What's this got to do with anything? Nothing really! :lol:

• Like 1

Regarding Wimbledon.....I once saw John Davis fall off during the pre-meeting rider parade and no helmet on! What's this got to do with anything? Nothing really! :lol:

I remember that Ray!

Think it was '84 when he'd just signed for them. Fell off during the first warm up lap after rider announcements?

It was the most entertainment I ever saw at Plough Lane... apart from when Sam Nicolajsen's tyre literally exploded on the starting gate.

I think there is a fair bit to be positive about.

All stand alone teams from last season will come to the tapes this year, something that no speedway fan takes for granted. There are actually more teams now than there were at the end of 1987, despite the continual assertions that speedway is on its last legs and about to face its demise.

We have a chance of a British World Champion and our team have a shout in the WTC. We still have a fantastic new stadium at which our premier events can be held.

The NL has a very fine crop of British youngsters, and indeed that league looks not only healthy on track but off it, too.

• Like 6