British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

"unlucky" Riders, Always In The Wrong Place, At The Wrong Time.

Torbjorn Harrysson was a rider who promised, and achieved much, but a badly broken leg forced him to retire despite an attempt to make a come back.

Agree with Adam Roynon got to know him pretty well and it worries me everytime he rides now

• Like 2

No idea how many crashes were his fault but Wayne Briggs seemed to be in plaster for most of his career.

• Like 2

No idea how many crashes were his fault but Wayne Briggs seemed to be in plaster for most of his career.

Indeed.

Injury blighted throughout.

Shame.

Dave Jessup - every time he was in position to win a major title his engines let him down.

Leigh Adams - if only his career hadn't coincided with that of the great Tony Rickardsson, he would surely have won a world title. (Anyone know how Leigh is doing now after his accident a few years back?)

• Like 1

Did Leigh ever come second to Tony? I dont think he was unlucky just ultimately not quite good enough to be the best

• Like 1

Good call.

I always thought that Wayne Briggs seemed to try too hard, as I remember. Was he trying to live up to the Legend that was his Brother 'Briggo' - I don't know.

Definitely another very unlucky Rider.

Edited by The White Knight

Good call.

I always thought that Wayne Briggs seemed to try too hard, as I remember. Was he trying to live up to the Legend that was his Father 'Briggo' - I don't know.

Definitely another very unlucky Rider.

Wayne was his younger brother not son.

Wayne was his younger brother not son.

Ooops - you are right. Sorry.

I was thinking about other things whilst typing - never a good idea.

I will amend my original Post. Thanks for letting me know. :t::)

Edited by The White Knight

Did Leigh ever come second to Tony? I dont think he was unlucky just ultimately not quite good enough to be the best

IMO Leigh Adams wasn't hard and ruthless enough. Plenty good enough to be top man in numerous leagues and remain injury free. Such a shame he got a life changing injury after he'd retired.
  • Like 3

Indeed.

Injury blighted throughout.

Shame.

He always seemed to do his wrists. I remember one time when he did both wrists in one accident. Bugger to wipe your backside I would imagine. :P

• Like 2

He always seemed to do his wrists. I remember one time when he did both wrists in one accident. Bugger to wipe your backside I would imagine. :P

Trust you Tsunami. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

2nd behind nicki in 07. 3rd behind t rick and crump in 05. Agree, hard to say unlucky just didn't quite do enough in the gp's.