British Speedway Forum

I like Natalie the best out of all of them .... she keeps it professional and above all is a speedway fan 😊

If all you out there stopped paying them every sport would be on free to air terrestrial channels

Sadly I think you are living in dreamland there. The idea is lovely, but it will never happen. Sport is all about money these days, and whoever pays the biggest fee, gets the coverage. I hate paying as much as the next man, but this is the way it is now. We all have choices, you can keep your Freeview, a bigger load of rubbish I have yet to see. Free Sat is slightly better but if you want a huge choice of channels (and Speedway) on TV then sorry you have to pay for it either via Sky, BT or others. I can't see Speedway ever being free on a mainstream TV channel, so you may have a long wait!

Must admit I'm missing my Monday night Speedway TV fix

I have never paid for Sky and will certainly not pay for BT.I have not had phone or broadband from either of them and never will.If all you out there stopped paying them every sport would be on free to air terrestrial channels i.e BBC,ITV,Channel 4 or 5.So keep paying chaps and keep the sport away from wide,free coverage including lower leagues who could do with the money.

Well, to name a few. Over this past month I have watched:

Two Moto GP's with all the practice sessions available too (which I recorded and skipped through as required)

Live speedway (Pairs)

Five Live football matches

Live snooker

The Masters Golf live - in small sessions and then the full last four hours.

Now, I'm not sure how much money it would have cost me in travel and admission costs to see these events in person, but I do know my subscriptions are a fraction of what ever it would be and the quality of the TV coverage was (is) far superior to that on terrestrial channels. There is no doubt that the arrival of Sky upped the anti in terms of TV coverage and now with so much live sport coverage being available I would never want to go back to the days of pre recorded sport and limited choice of events.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 3

BT Sport have football, baseball & speedway, so it's a no brainer for me. Just have to get the best deal possible when we move home. We were ripped off by Virgin Media when we moved here, so next time I'll read the small print

Edited by Shads

Excellent value as far as I am concerned. Especially Champions League football as well as the speedway about to come! My only gripe is that Scott Nicholls ( who is still excellent on track as a speedway rider ) flops as a TV pundit. Too often lost for words and with a limited vocabulary when expressing his point of view.

Excellent value as far as I am concerned. Especially Champions League football as well as the speedway about to come! My only gripe is that Scott Nicholls ( who is still excellent on track as a speedway rider ) flops as a TV pundit. Too often lost for words and with a limited vocabulary when expressing his point of view.

Nobodys perfect mate, but im sure you are. Especially when you are put in front of cameras.

I have never paid for Sky and will certainly not pay for BT.I have not had phone or broadband from either of them and never will.If all you out there stopped paying them every sport would be on free to air terrestrial channels i.e BBC,ITV,Channel 4 or 5.The former 2 can certainly ensure that televised Speedway meetings would not be shown in the region of at least the home team so no effect on the gate.It is all you out there paying Murdoch and BT who are keeping sport off free to air channels.One of my other sport interests is Horse racing,now confined to rubbish coverage by ITV (The pictures of the Grand National were awful and I cannot stand the guy who covers the betting ).So keep paying chaps and keep the sport away from wide,free coverage including lower leagues who could do with the money.

Pretty much shot your own argument down in flames, well done!

Not that you had one in the first place.

• Like 1

Says the guy who was saying Natalie Quirk says what she's told to on BT sport.

never did apologies​ for that mistake did he ?

never did apologies​ for that mistake did he ?

To be fair, if Starman posted an apology for every mistake he made, the forum would soon run out of bandwidth and crash.

• Like 4

Wot? Lost for words? Are you getting him mixed up with someone else? Like Sooty? He knows what he's talking about and comes in on cue with his opinion in an articulate manner. What more could you want?

• Like 2