British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

World Under 21 Championship 2017 Live On Tv

Very good final.What could the meeting have been like had it not rained.

Amazing that the Aussies are willing to ride on it really....bet they wouldn't if it was a U.K. League meeting

Amazing that riders are willing to race in poor conditions with a world title at stake?

I bet PC wouldn't have raced in conditions like he did in the world final in 77 with his injured leg if it was a league meeting. Amazing how Jenny carter was willing to race in the wet at Brandon with a broken leg in 84 but missed league meetings.

And who wants to see league meetings "raced" in conditions like that anyway?

Scores after round 2- final round Pardubice 29th September

Drabik 31

Smektala 30

Fricke 28

Lambert 24

Kurtz 24

Real shame Lambert was riding injured in the first one or he'd be really in the mix for the title
  • Like 1

Amazing that riders are willing to race in poor conditions with a world title at stake?

I bet PC wouldn't have raced in conditions like he did in the world final in 77 with his injured leg if it was a league meeting. Amazing how Jenny carter was willing to race in the wet at Brandon with a broken leg in 84 but missed league meetings.

And who wants to see league meetings "raced" in conditions like that anyway?

Real shame Lambert was riding injured in the first one or he'd be really in the mix for the title

My point is if a track is dangerous it's dangerous. It doesn't matter what kind of meeting it is. If a world title meeting is rained off it will be rerun at some point exactly the same as a league meeting.

I'd rather not see any meetings raced in conditions like that.

• Like 1

My point is if a track is dangerous it's dangerous. It doesn't matter what kind of meeting it is. If a world title meeting is rained off it will be rerun at some point exactly the same as a league meeting.

I agree with you 100%

This meeting only went ahead because of TV and it was a World Final.

Coverage was good, no problems with Youtube at all. Just Sam and his awful commentary.

I see they are saying shoulder problems for Drabik, which if true isnt good, but could have been a whole lot worse.

The Final in Pardubice is now set up nicely for a grandstand finish.

Edited by BobC

And I agree. There are many world championship meeting taken place over the years that shouldn't have. But seemed to me your dig was aimed at the riders, not the people who pushed the meeting to take place. Apologies if that was not the case.

It was the first time I had seen such a match live via You Tube. Excellent picture with no break up problems. So how is it funded? But of course it should not have been run in such conditions. The first 8 heats were Gate and Go because nothing else was possible. I understand that re-staging had many problems about it ( or was impossible ) but I have never seen a league match run in such conditions, so the track problem at the infamous KL V Poole "walkout" match were, as of nothing!

Congratulations to Robert Lambert the most exciting rider on show and who may still get on the rostrum for a medal.

And I agree. There are many world championship meeting taken place over the years that shouldn't have. But seemed to me your dig was aimed at the riders, not the people who pushed the meeting to take place. Apologies if that was not the case.

Both really. No one wins in those situations. The racing last night , final apart, was awful.

I understand why the TV, organisers etc want to go ahead, not that I agree with them. It's the riders that wind me up tho. Had those conditions been at Poole say on Monday, do you honestly think Kurtz and Holder would ride? Of course they wouldn't, but the dangers are the same. Not really singling those two out, but they are involved in both meetings.

• Like 1

A great final all to play for still cant believe Lambert got second in the final Smektala decent can really gate well and showed in the final he can mix it.

Did you not know he can 'mix it'?

In my opinion the racing got slowly better as the meeting went on.The final was the best race,no doubt,but a few other races were at the very least,interesting.Have seen worse meetings for sure

It was the first time I had seen such a match live via You Tube. Excellent picture with no break up problems. So how is it funded? But of course it should not have been run in such conditions. The first 8 heats were Gate and Go because nothing else was possible. I understand that re-staging had many problems about it ( or was impossible ) but I have never seen a league match run in such conditions, so the track problem at the infamous KL V Poole "walkout" match were, as of nothing!

Congratulations to Robert Lambert the most exciting rider on show and who may still get on the rostrum for a medal.

I will tell you exactly how it`s funded and I suggest a many people as possible email One sport to thank them for A providing official internet coverage B providing an English commentary as well biuro@onesport.eu

The U21 finals this year are broadcast by Eleven- the polish TV company and the internet coverage uses their pictures. As Dave Rowe and Sam Ermolenko cover the SEC and best pairs(both Eurosport) for One sport they were the logical choices for the internet coverage.

so One Sport didn`t need to do it but they have forked out on flights, hotel, wages etc to bring us internet coverage

( I have been asked to not use the "small river" word in any posts) ;)

• Like 1

Whilst I agree with your point,to be fair the riders weren't having major issues getting round the track held up well.The spectacle for the spectators was ruined though.

Both really. No one wins in those situations. The racing last night , final apart, was awful.

I understand why the TV, organisers etc want to go ahead, not that I agree with them. It's the riders that wind me up tho. Had those conditions been at Poole say on Monday, do you honestly think Kurtz and Holder would ride? Of course they wouldn't, but the dangers are the same. Not really singling those two out, but they are involved in both meetings.

But as I've pointed out, it's normal that riders will put up with more risk for a world title. Just like the KC and PC examples I gave.

It's also why it annoys me when people complain about riders not racing in the wet anymore - why would fans want to watch meetings in such poor conditions.

I will tell you exactly how it`s funded and I suggest a many people as possible email One sport to thank them for A providing official internet coverage B providing an English commentary as well biuro@onesport.eu

The U21 finals this year are broadcast by Eleven- the polish TV company and the internet coverage uses their pictures. As Dave Rowe and Sam Ermolenko cover the SEC and best pairs(both Eurosport) for One sport they were the logical choices for the internet coverage.

so One Sport didn`t need to do it but they have forked out on flights, hotel, wages etc to bring us internet coverage

( I have been asked to not use the "small river" word in any posts) ;)

So you are saying FIM pays for it as a part of the promotion deal?