British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

King's Lynn Vs Somerset 5th April Premiership

Lynn website has Rose at 2, Porsing at 3 and Batch 4. Also Josh G at 4 and Paddy the Dane at 5.

Somerset website hardly registers the Rebels are at Kings Lynn yet! :o

Lynn website has Rose at 2, Porsing at 3 and Batch 4. Also Josh G at 4 and Paddy the Dane at 5.

Before the fast track system came in most teams rode their third heat leader at four to strengthen up heat 14 so you then need your best second string riding at 3 so if the riding order is what it says on the web site I fully agree with that.

I didn't know the King's Lynn positions and the Somerset team is the numbers they had at P&P.

• Like 1

Somerset website hardly registers the Rebels are at Kings Lynn yet! :o

Here now.

Just important to get off the mark tonight, any kind of win will do. There are no trophies handed out for tonking teams in April. This is a potential banana skin with Somerset likely to be right at home in their big, fast surroundings this evening.

Just important to get off the mark tonight, any kind of win will do. There are no trophies handed out for tonking teams in April. This is a potential banana skin with Somerset likely to be right at home in their big, fast surroundings this evening.

Likewise I think it is important for the Rebels to show that they are not going to be the pushover everyone suggests. Fingers crossed for a close meeting at least. We've got used to respectful away scores over the last few years. Hopefully we're not going back to the dark old days where Mario Jirout was the only rider to score the majority of our points. :oops:

Likewise I think it is important for the Rebels to show that they are not going to be the pushover everyone suggests. Fingers crossed for a close meeting at least. We've got used to respectful away scores over the last few years. Hopefully we're not going back to the dark old days where Mario Jirout was the only rider to score the majority of our points. :oops:

Like you say, I've practically forgot what it's like for us to score any less than 40 points away from home as that's been a massive rarity over the last couple of years.

Let's hope we keep it close at least.

Ah Mario Jirout, great rider but absolutely nutty.

I think we have a team that is definitely capable of keeping things close. Paddy is the key, he can trouble the big hitters and that is the key as heat 13 and 15 is going to be KL strongest areas. People wrote us off last year and we showed great team spirit, I'm sure we can show that again.

Should be a comfy home win.

Just can't see it being close myself not with Holder, Lambert and Batchelor in town unless of course you have some daft riders who don't know the rules!!

Think it will be like the PL days

55+ to the Stars

Just can't see it being close myself not with Holder, Lambert and Batchelor in town unless of course you have some daft riders who don't know the rules!!

I bet they're plenty of 'Daft riders' who don't know all the rules..... But no doubt the Ref will put that right...... :t:

I bet they're plenty of 'Daft riders' who don't know all the rules..... But no doubt the Ref will put that right...... :t:

All riders should know the rules, it is their job to know and it is up to the ref to enforce them.

• Like 1

Likewise I think it is important for the Rebels to show that they are not going to be the pushover everyone suggests. Fingers crossed for a close meeting at least. We've got used to respectful away scores over the last few years. Hopefully we're not going back to the dark old days where Mario Jirout was the only rider to score the majority of our points. :oops:[/quote

That would be 2002/3 ish I think, a long long long long long time ago.

We have moved on😉