British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Glasgow Tigers ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 9th (5.30pm)

Strikes me you can't tell a good track when you see one if you rate Lakeside better than Scunthorpe then you should try going to specsavers.

• Like 1

New area Panties

We are all indebted to your wisdom. Maybe you could tell us all what toothpaste we should all prefer, what frocks you prefer wearing and a few tips on your best Morris Dancing moves.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

No need for smartass dumb comments. You know absolutely nothing about me. Please do not reply to me again.

If you post on a Forum, you should accept that others will reply to your comments.

None of us can dictate who can or cannot reply to our comments - if you don't like it, then you can either stop posting or become less sensitive to feedback you take exception too.

P.S. your response to a post by me earlier on this thread could also be described as "smartass" & "dumb", but I didn't respond with blubbering indignation.

• Like 1

Fer cryin out loud, Jesus jumpin on a Suzuki.... if I haven't enjoyed it at the EWR then I bloody well haven't. It isn't up for debate.

Not a problem with that not one bit,but dont try to convince people it is a poor track because it isnt you better go for a liedown eh!!!😜 Edited by Sidney the robin

But he's not, he's simply saying that he doesn't find Scunny a good racetrack.

Personally I think Belle Vue is way ahead of anything we have in the UK for racing, although Scunny has usually been excellent when I have been bar a couple of poor ones. But every track has those.

• Like 1

1. If you post on a Forum, you should accept that others will reply to your comments.

2. None of us can dictate who can or cannot reply to our comments - if you don't like it, then you can either stop posting or become less sensitive to feedback you take exception too.

3. P.S. your response to a post by me earlier on this thread could also be described as "smartass" & "dumb", but I didn't respond with blubbering indignation.

From the not so sublime to completely ridiculous....

Ah Cyclops how are you. Your points

1. Not really, no point in being confrontational because somebody likes something

2. Ah "feedback", the dictionary definition doesn't include harassment or confrontation

3. You mean post #30 on this thread? Worth checking if the humour bypass is reversible.

1. If you post on a Forum, you should accept that others will reply to your comments.

2. None of us can dictate who can or cannot reply to our comments - if you don't like it, then you can either stop posting or become less sensitive to feedback you take exception too.

3. P.S. your response to a post by me earlier on this thread could also be described as "smartass" & "dumb", but I didn't respond with blubbering indignation.

From the not so sublime to completely ridiculous....

Ah Cyclops how are you. Your points

1. Not really, no point in being confrontational because somebody likes something

2. Ah "feedback", the dictionary definition doesn't include harassment or confrontation

3. Your memory is longer than mine, I've been busy with work and life and all that

harrassment? It's a disscussion

But he's not, he's simply saying that he doesn't find Scunny a good racetrack.

Personally I think Belle Vue is way ahead of anything we have in the UK for racing, although Scunny has usually been excellent when I have been bar a couple of poor ones. But every track has those.

At last sanity!!

Thank you. You are 150% correct. :drink:

harrassment? It's a discussion

Indeed it is. Your "cheek/toungue/in/firmly" (rearrange these words into a common saying or phrase) radar detector wasn't plugged in there. ;)

Out of pure interest (genuine) which tracks do you rate that are not closed down?

You see my "crime" was to (genuinely) answer your question!! All purely subjective of course as to my preferences or the ones I've enjoyed matches at when I've been to them.

But here's a tip for future reference allthegear, best not to (genuinely) answer that kind of (genuine) question as New Area Panties will tell you what you should like, what toothpaste you should prefer, and personal recommendations on frocks and Morris dancing. Every day's a schoolday. :t:

Incidentally, the tracks I listed, I forgot it was actually horse racing tracks I was trying to remember and any resemblance to names of speedway tracks and stadia is purely coincidental, the eyesight's going these days so horses legs and wheels they all look the same to me these days.

justere2cgoodspeedway

Owlerton, your having a laugh, might as well watch traffic, far more interesting.

Processional, nice to see you've learnt a new word.

justere2cgoodspeedway

Owlerton, your having a laugh, might as well watch traffic, far more interesting.

Processional, nice to see you've learnt a new word.

Well sharpasabluntobject you've failed to take the context, I was in fact answering allthegear and his (genuine) question I (genuinely) answered as to the tracks I've enjoyed when I've attended them and matches that I enjoyed watching - nothing else.

If you have a problem then that's nothing to do with the matches I've attended and enjoyed watching. It so happens that the matches I've attended at Owlerton were very enjoyable and also on video. That's all. Jesus jumpin.

At least not as bad as New Area Panties or 'nappies' for short. As Gordon Bennett says, I'm not saying what's wrongly been assumed. On the one hand I've only said it isn't my experience of EWR when I've attended or how I've found it, whereas on the other hand I've been told "you can't tell a good track when you see one" (well that I liked Hyde Road - seems I'm now told that I shouldn't have) and to "go to specsavers", all that stuff is a different thing entirely. Preference and subjectivity and what a person has found or enjoyed has nothing to do with that kind of abusiveness which I find childish and just plain stoopid.

been going to owlerton since 1972, and never, over that time has the racing been as poor as it has over the last couple of seasons, if there is 3 passes after the 2nd bend thats it, as for the EWR, so many different racing lines and absolutely blows owlerton out of the water(im afraid to say) for excitement and entertainment, thank god for sunny scunny on a sunday to see some passing.

• Like 2

Good question. Owlerton, Lakeside/Arena Essex Raceway, Saddlebow Road (the AFA doesn't sound so good to me).

Too many good tracks lost, Hyde Road - now that was a speedway track. Didn't like Kirky Lane so much, well I guess nothing compares to Hyde Road. Also liked Cleveland Park, and Stoke. I've never liked the shape of EOES although great viewing and great fans. I also liked The Shay, it had banking on the bends.

Dropped a clanger with Owlerton. As one or two have said, its been rubbish for the last couple of years. Massive, massive shame.

In my view, Lakeside is the most underrated and over criticised track in the country and its one of my favourites.

Of three meetings I saw here last season, two were good and one brilliant. It'll be interesting to see how it rides in the NL.

totally agree with you romans lovechild,i too have been going since 1976 and I've seen some cracking meetings over the years but scunthorpe certainly does blow it away in terms of excitement and entertainment and rob godfrey certainly is a very dry humoured character on the mic but here is a guy who is passionate and bleeds scunthorpe speedway.the only reason i won't be attending all of scunnys fixtures this year is because, regardless whether the racing is good or note am and always will beta tiger through and through.

Full of self praise. Self praise and continually patting yourself on the back is no praise at all.

Don't have such an over-inflated vision of yourselves and folk like me that have seen far too many oh so boring follow-my-leader meetings that are a total yawn-fest won't be so brassed off with your continual over-inflated vision of your track.

Well listen here - I also call it how it is. I've always found the EWR to be very very ordinary, follow my leader non-racing, and the viewing is terrible. That's how it is for me - I call it how it is too.

Don't doubt it.

But you're accusing Paul - and others - of overstating the quality of the speedway at Scunthorpe (ie being untruthful to prove a point).

He doesn't do that.