British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Workington Comets Cl Sun 23rd April 2017 At 5pm

After last week's big April shower that was a Berwick fan , the hope is we've ordered some sunshine for this weekend .

5 o clock start though because of some tribal gathering somewhere else in our great city gives us more time in the pub .

We'll be along the usual lines , best heat leader trio in the league , plus the most exciting young talent backing them up will entertain us royally once again .

And they'll have to as Workington have a fair bit of talent in their side too . They are led by the stand out rider in the league , ex Monarch bogeyman Craig Cook ( funny how they don't seem quite as obnoxious once they leave Armadale ) and he's backed up by Ty Proctor and Tommy the tape toucher . Add to that they have the best 10k Glasgow ever made ( Mason Campton ) , and another ex-Tiger , Adam Roynon , in their ranks , it should be an interesting early evening , though I think we'll win this by round about 12 or 14 points .

Would be nice to see Richard Lawson get some form back at this meeting, feel he might be going Down

Richard's fine , ok he had a below par performance at Scunthorpe , everybody has them - he's only human . He scored 9 at Berwick from 4 rides - nothing wrong with that . Richard is as reliable as ever round his home shale , he won the Benfund meeting after all .

• Like 2

Richard's fine , ok he had a below par performance at Scunthorpe , everybody has them - he's only human . He scored 9 at Berwick from 4 rides - nothing wrong with that . Richard is as reliable as ever round his home shale , he won the Benfund meeting after all .

Richard is on the way down, you could say he's only human or could you ride a bike with no brakes all you want, all I want to see is for him to pick up form. He's piss poor in my eyes. We have other options who could do a lot better than him.

Its a strong top 3 you dummys somebody has to drop points.

He's missing the meetings he would have completed with lakeside to get him going, thats all.

• Like 1

Rene Bach to replace lawson maybe??

Why would we want to drop our asset for a rider who is not.

Anyway Richard has one bad meeting at Scunthorpe and people want him replaced had to check the date and it is not April 1st.

Some need to get real here you are talking about one off the leagues top performers and has proved this time and again i despair i really do.

• Like 1

Richard is on the way down, you could say he's only human or could you ride a bike with no brakes all you want, all I want to see is for him to pick up form. He's piss poor in my eyes. We have other options who could do a lot better than him.

Seriously ???????? Thankfully Glasgow fans don't share your opinion . This looks like you have some sort of grudge against Richard .

• Like 2

He's averaged higher than Summers so far this season..thoughts?

I'll have him at Berwick with his p#ss poor form. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

He is only human & could you ride a bike with no brakes.

He's averaged higher than Summers so far this season..thoughts?

Our top 3 is in my opinion the strongest in the league, there will never be much average wise between them & for anyone wanting to replace one off them is just ludicrous or a wind up.

Edited by Gazc

Glasgow don't really have an out and out No1 but do have a top 3 with collective responsibility when it comes to bringing in the big points and settling heats 13 & 15. They will interchange positions with each other as the season progresses. Richard may be suffering from not having a Premiership team this season, riding once a week is not the best for sharpness or the bank balance. I think Aaron was looking for a team place in Denmark and Richie may only be doing our league this year, though he is guesting for Redcar at Armadale tonight. M'on the Redcar.

As the season goes on our lower order should come to the fore, Jack Smith is still pretty raw and Dan hasn't shown too much so far compared to last year however we have only had 2 home meetings. Perhaps people are getting a bit edgy that the 0131 have had an unexpectedly good start to the season. However they are only one team from the other nine and those meetings tend to take care of themselves regardless. There is still a very long way to go and little is decided in April.

Glasgow don't really have an out and out No1 but do have a top 3 with collective responsibility when it comes to bringing in the big points and settling heats 13 & 15. They will interchange positions with each other as the season progresses. Richard may be suffering from not having a Premiership team this season, riding once a week is not the best for sharpness or the bank balance. I think Aaron was looking for a team place in Denmark and Richie may only be doing our league this year, though he is guesting for Redcar at Armadale tonight. M'on the Redcar.

As the season goes on our lower order should come to the fore, Jack Smith is still pretty raw and Dan hasn't shown too much so far compared to last year however we have only had 2 home meetings. Perhaps people are getting a bit edgy that the 0131 have had an unexpectedly good start to the season. However they are only one team from the other nine and those meetings tend to take care of themselves regardless. There is still a very long way to go and little is decided in April.

They've only beaten Berwick twice and Scunny , so not exactly trembling just yet haha

Their credentials will be examined more closely next week with a trip to Sheffield in the cup and then the first derby of the season at our place .

Edited by Paulco

He's piss poor in my eyes. We have other options who could do a lot better than him.

:approve::rofl::rofl: before I die laughing might as well ask who could do a lot better than him

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

It would seem Kermitfrog has maybe had a sniff of Miss Piggy's underwear once too often :shock::wink:

• Like 2