British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

Maybe it has nothing to do with British Speedway.. a massive project might be something completely outside of speedway

Indeed it could well be phillipsr.

Edited by Guest

He can't be arsed to ride here.British final no good.Team GB no good.Jog on

• Like 1

To all those Woffinden detractors out there, and there are a few, would you say that Tai has been well treated by British Speedway or badly treated?

To all those Woffinden detractors out there, and there are a few, would you say that Tai has been well treated by British Speedway or badly treated?

Think he went from a nobody to somebody for sure

Think he went from a nobody to somebody for sure

That doesn't really answer the question.

I'd say junior grasstrack was a much bigger feeder system back then...the likes of Collins and later were all well known young grasstrackers..it was a huge feeder system

Plus the Belle Vue trying school..other tracks with significantly more practice time available than today....and the fact that the European leagues were not what they were today..to be a top rider you had to race here..so there were team spots against the best immediately available on a level playing field...

I feel it's so much harder for a youngster today to break through and then after getting a UK team place there is so much further to go still..

Bruiser in that period what aload of virtual novices came through to start there careers,at the likes of Romford.Chris/Dave Morton, Pc, Wilko, Broadbelt,Hiftle,Pusey ( with the spots) Eyre,and endless others as you said some had grasstrack and moto cross experience as well.Was that Belle Vue training day with Oliver on a Saturday ? 10 to 6 or something like that i know a couple of people who attended it.

Bruiser in that period what aload of virtual novices came through to start there careers,at the likes of Romford.Chris/Dave Morton, Pc, Wilko, Broadbelt,Hiftle,Pusey ( with the spots) Eyre,and endless others as you said some had grasstrack and moto cross experience as well.Was that Belle Vue training day with Oliver on a Saturday ? 10 to 6 or something like that i know a couple of people who attended it.

Also the Kent Grasstrack scene supplied a lot of riders particularly at Eastbourne (Jessup, Kennetts etc) where Arthur Nutley took a great interest.

• Like 1

Also the Kent Grasstrack scene supplied a lot of riders particularly at Eastbourne (Jessup, Kennetts etc) where Arthur Nutley took a great interest.

Were they the days of local land owners being able to do what they wanted on there land? i believe Kenny Carter's wealthy dad had land and Kenny practiced alot there.I can also remember Swindon speedway having a training day with the legend Broady which was a sucess and helped the likes of Barry Duke.My friend also told me Briggo once turned up with a bike on the back did some training and laps around the huge car park and there was a huge crowd there different days eh!
  • Like 1

Anyone who thinks tai should be involved in helping British youngsters are off their rocker.

Tai is a liability to youngsters and it's clear he doesn't care about British speedway or British fans.

Were they the days of local land owners being able to do what they wanted on there land? i believe Kenny Carter's wealthy dad had land and Kenny practiced alot there.I can also remember Swindon speedway having a training day with the legend Broady which was a sucess and helped the likes of Barry Duke.My friend also told me Briggo once turned up with a bike on the back did some training and laps around the huge car park and there was a huge crowd there different days eh!

The Collins and Morton brothers and the likes of Dave Trownson used to ride on farmland, if I recall, and Ainsdale Sands was another opportunity for budding young riders (Peter Craven for example)...very different era back then!

Well treated. If someone can tell me different please do. I'd like to know what happened re him helping out TeamGB etc so I can make up my mind on that score but nobody will say.....

The Collins and Morton brothers and the likes of Dave Trownson used to ride on farmland, if I recall, and Ainsdale Sands was another opportunity for budding young riders (Peter Craven for example)...very different era back then!

And those days were alot BETTER in my view with local residents now having far to much clout about noise issues.A Polish lad who i work with who sometimes mechanics for K.K, Musielak, Zengy says in Poland alot of track facilities are open 6/7 days a week.This provides aquipment (parents who are poor) and most importantly teaches the kids on the mechanical side how good is that!!! this providing an opportunity to keep kids off the street and there are shedloads of talent out there in Poland.

Anyone who thinks tai should be involved in helping British youngsters are off their rocker.

Tai is a liability to youngsters and it's clear he doesn't care about British speedway or British fans.

I dont mind you to be honest Robert but on this topic best you say nothing.

There is a good side and a less good side to all of us! Tai cannot assist, guide and aid the development of those who are NOT open to understanding how much you have to put in, if you want to get to the top ( or even near the top ) of speedway. Tai can be a force for good with those youngsters and the very up & coming riders like Lambert ( IF of course they "click" as people because belief is so much in terms of learning from a good teacher ). The yobby side to Tai is real and he needs to get some emery paper on that himself ( in terms of how massive sponsors like their sportsmen to come across as ). Tai has been well treated by British speedway and has given quite a bit back until the most recent personality clash ( and that is what I think it is - and not just with one individual ). I think that he will return - sometime - to ride for GB. Only he knows when that is. Roll on World title No.3 for Tai.

I was never a fan of Tai i thought he was overated but i was totally wrong thought he should of have to of qualified for his second stint in the series.But he worked bloody hard took his chance and how i admire him for that people also forget he lost his Dad along the way how hard was that but he came through.What young lad would not listen to Tai ? not many i would suggest and in a way it hurts me to think that Craven( maybe) PC, Lee have won less titles ( Different days) but i want Tai to win more World titles.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Not a fan of Tai's mouth but no one can argue he's talent on a bike, I reckon he's main problem is he's frustrated that the bspa arnt anywhere near his professionalism . Dropplng out of the Gb squad and missing the British final are big mistakes though. Bit like Hancock they think their bigger than there nations teams. In reality though they are. Not a good excuse to pull out though

• Like 1