British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Kings Lynn V Rye House 24/5/17

Who was the riders practicing after the meeting

I'm sure it was Jake knight, Mitchell Davey and I don't know who the one was in the black and pink kevlars

Also anyone know how the little boy is who flipped it at the gate made me feel ill hearing him hopefully he is ok

It was Rohan tungate and ty proctor

• Like 1

No mention of Chris holder then, we assume he's doing his job ?

He's not doing it in the Pairs tonight - Monster have come last!!!

No mention of Chris holder then, we assume he's doing his job ?

He doing OK... Not of the quality he is known for but still doing a reasonable job. Coming to a new club takes time to settle in and be part of. From all accounts he's enjoying his time at Kings Lynn and no doubt the form will improve as he becomes part of a new team...

Made a poor start in his first ride and was taken out on the first corner. from then on he struggled to get back into contention. In rides 2,3and 4 he score well and was only beaten by the irrepressible Bomber Harris... Paid 8 from 3 rides is ok . He is now scoring decent points and is a valued member of the 2017 side.......

It was Rohan tungate and ty proctor

Are you sure ? As I have reliably informed that it was Jake knight, ty proctor, and Adam porterwood

Holder? Is he really doing OK? I really don't think that top riders need to settle in much at a new club. their focus is on the 60 secs. from tapes up and within reason it hardly matters where they do that 60 secs. unless it's at a track they have always failed to master. I think Chris Holder is performing far below what his past performances have contributed to his reputation and racing records. Something is not "right" in his life for him to be so inconsistent and below par almost everywhere he rides in the world. It may be that no-one except him can turn that around, however supportive a team manager. promoter or team mates may be. A sports psychologist may help IF Chris believes in such things. Fingers crossed that he can turn it around and get back to his best.

Holder? Is he really doing OK? I really don't think that top riders need to settle in much at a new club. their focus is on the 60 secs. from tapes up and within reason it hardly matters where they do that 60 secs. unless it's at a track they have always failed to master. I think Chris Holder is performing far below what his past performances have contributed to his reputation and racing records. Something is not "right" in his life for him to be so inconsistent and below par almost everywhere he rides in the world. It may be that no-one except him can turn that around, however supportive a team manager. promoter or team mates may be. A sports psychologist may help IF Chris believes in such things. Fingers crossed that he can turn it around and get back to his best.

I try to remember, it's not my position to judge people. It would be so wrong to expect everyone is made the same way. It is obvious that Chris is experiencing problems, exactly what they are, is having an effect on his ability to be the rider he once was. As a former World Champion, nobody can question his natural talent. People like me, take in every race, looking for small margins in a quest to adjudge how well he's doing. I am in no doubt he will succumb these issues and return the world class rider he has always been.

• Like 1

With Chris Holder it all seemed to come quite naturally for him from the get go, Now it seems he is having to work bloody hard at it. I feel he is getting there. The proof, for me, was the way he had a go at Harris. Ok Harris came out on top but Holder gave him a run for his money and didn't seem just content to take 2nd spot, which may have been the case a few meetings back.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

I wasn't "judging" Chris I was comparing his performances at the moment to those that he built his reputation on. I pay my entrance fee to see a top professional performance ( in line with what his has previously achieved ) and that gives me or any fan the right to an opinion on what I see week by week or read about in terms of away performance. I also avidly watch all televised meetings and have noticed that he has been performing below par - which he admits to himself. I wasn't posting malevolently. It's just a fan's contribution to this forum.

• Like 1

I wasn't "judging" Chris I was comparing his performances at the moment to those that he built his reputation on. I pay my entrance fee to see a top professional performance ( in line with what his has previously achieved ) and that gives me or any fan the right to an opinion on what I see week by week or read about in terms of away performance. I also avidly watch all televised meetings and have noticed that he has been performing below par - which he admits to himself. I wasn't posting malevolently. It's just a fan's contribution to this forum.

I wasn't judging you mate and yes you're entitled to an opinion as much as I. Like you say you pay your money and have a view like the rest of us... But that first posting about Chris I thought was on the strong side.. He has been performing below his expected level, but as we have all seen in recent weeks he is gradually recapturing his old form.... Things are looking better....