British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Is that what the rules state?

No idea what the rules say but logic says it was a qualifying competition and there were no wild cards. To me that means the places in the final should go to the next rider down in the qualifying scores. Until all of those are ruled out, Lambert, and anyone else, should not be included no matter how talented they are.

• Like 2

No idea what the rules say but logic says it was a qualifying competition and there were no wild cards. To me that means the places in the final should go to the next rider down in the qualifying scores. Until all of those are ruled out, Lambert, and anyone else, should not be included no matter how talented they are.

That's sounds like common sense.

Now let me check. Common sense + the speedway authorities + the forum.

Does not compute, does not compute, does not compute.....

:shock:

NEVER missed a BF from the day dot! NO Lambert NO Bridger, I'm off to Cradley Kent!

• Like 1

Maybe we could parachute our GP superstar into the meeting.

Top 8 from each qualifier went through so no one else qualified, now what would the Poles, Danes or swedes do? Just a wild guess but I think it would be their great white hope if they had one, but oh no let's put a no hoper in and not be forward thinking, Somellier choose to watch the spoons wash your mouth out

I'm looking to come down and watch this one and was wondering if any of the regulars to the NSS or people who have been before could advise me on the best place to stand/sit and also whether the stadium has sufficient parking or will I have to park my car somewhere else and walk to the venue. I've not bought my tickets yet so not defo nailed on to be going as was going to just buy them on the day.

Thanks for your help. :t:

There's parking on St Peter's High just off Kirkmanshulme Lane next to the track, the car park at the stadium off Pinkbank Lane behind the 1st/2nd bend, both are fine, usually charge £3. Can park for free on Kirky Lane but will need to get there early to find a spot.

Viewing's good wherever you go, weather forecast looking promising, should be a cracking night's racing, hope you enjoy your visit. :)

Looking at the advanced ticket sales for the grandstand it looks like 4 home meetings in 13 days may be one too many for Belle Vue fans?

Speedway is never as good on tv as it is when actually at the track so it will be worth it for fans of other clubs to make the effort. When you add in that the forecast looks good at the moment this will be another fantastic meeting at Belle Vue, don't miss going just because it's on TV on a Monday night.

Unfortunately the state British speedway is in we need the best riders in Britain to contest the British Final. With arguably our top 2 riders in Woffinden and Lambert absent for differing reasons many fans are looking at a weakened field and choosing to watch this on the box. It is imperative that we get the best field possible for the British Final for it to remain a relevant prestige event. I'm all for qualification but surely there should be 2 wildcards available , 1 for Woffinden and 1 for AN other. We have the British final on the best track in the country, unfortunately its on a Monday night and not a weekend so we need the best field to encourage people to turn out.

• Like 2

The important thing is to decide if the first four (or however many) in the British Final will automatically go forward to next season's GP Challenge as, like it or not Robert Lambert is our next rider going into the GP in future and we need him to qualify next season.

Rory winning makes a nonsense of all this analysis.

And embarrasses us all on July 22nd

Edited by False dawn

Ben Barker replaces the injured Lewis Bridger

Rory winning makes a nonsense of all this analysis.

And embarrasses us all on July 22nd

if he gets a place in Cardiff that's the first cardiff I'm going to miss , I won't go on principle , Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

Lets not forget that Kyle Newman was originally left out of the semi-finals but was given a place when Charles Wright pulled out ahead of the reserves already named.

When Steve Boxall withdrew from the Newcastle semi, were Bewley, Morley and Perry (named as next in line) given the opportunity ahead of Danny Phillips who replaced him?

No point in going on about it because clearly Lambert isn't getting a place but it just seems stupid to not have one of the top riders there when we have so few anyway. Likely to put off a few fans from attending and I'm sure BT would rather have him there.

• Like 2

It had to be Kennett (in the same semi as Bridger) or Barker as the 9th placed finisher in the other semi.

I guess as the 9th placed finisher at Sheffield ( Wilkinson) had already been promoted, they decided to not put in the 10th place finisher (Kennett) and take the 9th place finisher ( Barker)

As much as i would like to see Lambert ride there is no way he should be allowed to.

Just because his van broke down.

Lets say he rode in the semi final....he could have scored F, 2, 1,2, ef and not have made it.......nobody knows how he would have got on or what could have happened. Just because he would have likely qualified doesnt mean he would have done.

Woffinden asked for a wild card last year and was told no..................same thing applies to Lambert

Wow, this line-up just gets better and better :rolleyes:

All we need now is a Rory win to put the cherry on the cake :party:

• Like 1