Hamill

Hancock

Crump

Loram

Pedersen Nicki

Gollob

Holder

Woffinden

Iove reading that some of you saw the greats from pre 70s era, what I don't get is why you still post on a speedway forum but have never seen a meeting in well over 30 years and more. Strange to me tbh. I think Sidney as seen some riders from way back but still attends meetings so when he comments I get where he's coming from

My absence is a protest against Double Points.

I still love my Speedway though.

One Meeting in three years or more and that was this Season. I only went to see a Sunderland 'Stars' Team riding at Redcar.

I had to go, just to see the Sunderland Racejackets back on Track again.

Many thanks to Kevin Keay (Promoter) for putting it on.

• Like 1

Apologies if the 30 years is over the top but as an example I used to be a big football fan , a season ticket holder for about 12 years but have lost interest and I would never spend time discussing something on a forum I no longer watch. To contradict myself though us speedway fans are a different breed so when we lose a team like TWK has done it's hard to follow a different team but still love the sport because it's "in the blood"but then the barmy rules force you out of attending anyway

• Like 1

Apologies if the 30 years is over the top but as an example I used to be a big football fan , a season ticket holder for about 12 years but have lost interest and I would never spend time discussing something on a forum I no longer watch. To contradict myself though us speedway fans are a different breed so when we lose a team like TWK has done it's hard to follow a different team but still love the sport because it's "in the blood"but then the barmy rules force you out of attending anyway

Bruno do you still enjoy your speedway as much as you ever have or like me sometimes you go more so on habit.

Briggs

Fundin

Mauger

Olsen

Michanek

Collins

Lee

Muller

Gundersen

Nielsen

Jonsson

Pwdersen Jan

Havelock

Ermolenko

Rickardsson

Hamill

Hancock

Crump

Loram

Pedersen Nicki

Gollob

Holder

Woffinden

Same apart from adding Ronnie Moore to that list and possibly Jerzy as well.I do know i met him and got his autogram at Plough Lane.Not sure if i saw him at that time ride though

Edited by iris123

Bruno do you still enjoy your speedway as much as you ever have or like me sometimes you go more so on habit.

Tbh Sidney I do have spells when I wonder why I still follow it but then I see some great racing somewhere and I realise why I love it. After 40 odd years (not continuous ) I still can't believe how the riders do it. Also, I rarely see my brother November-February so that as proberly got something to do with while I still go. Gets me out the house as well!!!

Hancock

Woffy

Pedersen

Holder

Gollob

Rickardsson

Jonsson

Loram

Havelock

Crump

Hamill

Ermolenko

Jan O

Nielson

Gunderson

Penhall

Lee

PC

Michanek

Olsen

Mauger

Briggs

Moore

Muller

Edited by mikebv

Tbh Sidney I do have spells when I wonder why I still follow it but then I see some great racing somewhere and I realise why I love it. After 40 odd years (not continuous ) I still can't believe how the riders do it. Also, I rarely see my brother November-February so that as proberly got something to do with while I still go. Gets me out the house as well!!!

I only go to home meetings and a few other meetings when work allows .And when i see a good race my enthusiasm comes back but overall not the same for me and i still miss the drama of the old WC.Bruno a question that you would know better than me were Arthur Price and Steve Bastable both underachievers for your club Price looked really good at times.

Or was Bastable an overachiever? Won a British final when he was some way off being the best Brit at the time - probably struggling to be in the top 10 Brits at the time tbh.

Or was Bastable an overachiever? Won a British final when he was some way off being the best Brit at the time - probably struggling to be in the top 10 Brits at the time tbh.

I felt he underachieved on his day he was a super rider at Swindon aquipment and consistency was a problem. Edited by Sidney the robin

I felt he underachieved on his day he was a super rider at Swindon aquipment and consistency was a a problem.

He badly broke his ankle in 1979 (?) and the fact Dan McCormack (who he didn't get on with) became his promoter at Cradley and later Birmingham seemed to effect him.

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Anders Michanek (can't remember if I ever saw him race "proper" but I saw him in a Golden Greats meeting at Coventry)

Peter Collins

Michael Lee

Bruce Penhall

Egon Muller

Erik Gundersen

Hans Nielsen

Per Jonsson

Jan O. Pedersen

Gary Havelock

Sam Ermolenko

Tony Rickardsson

Billy Hamill

Greg Hancock

Mark Loram

Nicki Pedersen

Jason Crump

Tomasz Gollob

Chris Holder

Tai Woffinden

I have also met Barry Briggs, he may even have been in the aforementioned Golden Greats meeting, but I can't remember.

Apologies for quoting my own post if it breaks any forum rules, but I have remembered that he rode for Sweden in a World Team Cup qualifier at Belle Vue in June 1978, my first visit to Hyde Road.