British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves Vs Kings Lynn: 05.06.2017. P Koc 1st Leg

After the drubbing we got last time we should be far better this time round. I thought the 59-30 was a bit excessive and missing Huckenbeck really emphasised our weakness in the reserve positions. Now with our latest acquisition in place and Huckenbeck riding so well, I believe the score will be much closer. I don't see us winning at Monmore, but if our reserves can score 5 pts between them, that would make a big difference in the final reckoning.

If we can keep the score close, we may stand a chance in the second leg. Hopefully Rose is OK after his crash at Ipswich last night, and Simon Lambert can score a few points which we probably wouldn't have got if Josh Bailey was still in the team. Porsing is a worry, but his last ride at Lynn on Wednesday was a stormer, so maybe its bike issues? Fingers crossed that we don't get slaughtered at Monmore Green!

We will be without Freddie and possibly Rory for this one but the weather forecast for Monday is awful so the weather may win on this occasion

Stars should be looking to win with our injury crisis.

Thankfully it's not a league fixture so it won't damage our play off chances too much.

Not really that interested in the KO Cup so if we lose its not really going to matter in the wider scheme of things.

Thankfully it's not a league fixture so it won't damage our play off chances too much.

Not really that interested in the KO Cup so if we lose its not really going to matter in the wider scheme of things.

Blimey you sound like SS with that reply.

• Like 3

Blimey you sound like SS with that reply.

Oh dear, must think harder before I post then. :wink:

However you need to take advantage of a team carrying injuries, makes wolves way weaker I think that's obvious!!

Oh dear, must think harder before I post then. :wink:

However you need to take advantage of a team carrying injuries, makes wolves way weaker I think that's obvious!!

You're right,but i still don't think we are good enough to win at Monmore.Don't get the bit where you are not interested in the KO Cup though,i bet 99.9% of Wolves fans would like to see them win the cup along with 99.9%of Lynn fans wanting Lynn to win it.

Edited by tellboy

Still a fixture that we want to win!

Guest for Rory and R/R for Fred may be more beneficial if allowed.

You're right,but i still don't think we are good enough to win at Monmore.Don't get the bit where you are not interested in the KO Cup though,i bet 99.9% of Wolves fans would like to see them win the cup along with 99.9%of Lynn fans wanting Lynn to win it.

Really? ?

There is a reason they dropped the competition for several years and that's because the public weren't interested.

Maybe this competition helps to fill up fixtures but I'm yet to be convinced.

Of course any competition Wolves enter I'd like us to win, however the goal is defending the league title.

I'd rather go into this sort of competition with missing riders etc because it means less if we lose and doesn't interfere with our aim of a top 4 finish come September.

If we go out the Cup then I'm not really bothered personally.

Still a fixture that we want to win!

Guest for Rory and R/R for Fred may be more beneficial if allowed.

Well of course we wouldn't want to lose!

However it won't be too damaging if we do.

60% chance of rain from noon until 10pm on Monday.

Doubt this will go ahead and with Wolves without Fast Freddie I anticipate an early postponement.

Shame as I fancy Stars to win this tie over 2 legs if Wolves were to be without FF.

• Like 1

We have won the KO Cup once, in 1996,when we did the double with the league. I most certainly would like to win it again.

• Like 1

We have won the KO Cup once, in 1996,when we did the double with the league. I most certainly would like to win it again.

Memorable night at Peterborough nearest thing to a football crowd at a speedway meeting I have witnessed

We are essentially a big track side so keeping the score respectable is probably the best we can hope for. Should be comfortable for Wolves over two legs if they are at full strength for the second leg.