British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 9/6/17

Weather permitting this Friday looking to make the trip up to the National Stadium to see the Pirates race on the best track in the league.

The Pirates will be using Josh Bates for the Injured Nicolai Klindt and will be looking for a better showing then the K.o.c meeting back in April.

The Aces having lost at Somerset last Friday will be looking to bounce back and defeat the Pirates.

Poole have yet to win at Belle Vue and I am not expecting them to triumph but live in hope.

Thoughts?

You have a good chance to win ,Somerset proved that any team can race well at the NSS and Bates is decent at BV.I expect An Aces win but you could nick a point.The racing as always should be very good ,hope you enjoy the visit.

Coming up to see the in laws so going to this, can't wait. Big home win with loads of great racing please!

If its been raining a lot and the tracks a bit heavy, whose turn will it be to rip the pits telephone off the wall??!! :-) ;-)

If Poole can get an away point - this keeping up their record of getting something from every away meeting to date - then I'll be happy.

Really? Talk about a patched up Poole team! What's the reason?

Really? Talk about a patched up Poole team! What's the reason?

Quite simple really the 2 polish championship(IMP) semi-finals were originally on Thursday the 8th and then the all mighty Extraleague decided that Zielona Gora could arrange their rained off match against Czestochowa from earlier in the season for that night. therefore yesterday the PZM had to re-arrange the semi`s to

Ostrow Friday 9th June( the one Zengi`s in) and Opole to the 19th June.

Edited by racers and royals

Do the PZM allow riders to switch semi-finals like they do in other countries??

Zengota has never ridden there so might be that much of a loss of there is a decent guest available.

Belle Vue have thumped the so called better sides (Wolves and Poole) and struggled against Leicester and Somerset.

I would think Belle Vue by 10, although having Bates for Klindt strengthens Poole and getting a decent guest for Zengota could work in Pooles favour

Do the PZM allow riders to switch semi-finals like they do in other countries??

Shouldn`t think so- this whole Extraleague/ PZM situation over Thursday is something that I can`t remember happening before- the date for the semi`s has been in the calendar way before Zielona Gora v Czestochowa was arranged. There is obviously a power struggle going on in Poland and it can`t be good for the sport there.

Zengota has never ridden there so might be that much of a loss of there is a decent guest available.

Belle Vue have thumped the so called better sides (Wolves and Poole) and struggled against Leicester and Somerset.

I would think Belle Vue by 10, although having Bates for Klindt strengthens Poole and getting a decent guest for Zengota could work in Pooles favour

Bates is a decent replacement but I don't think he would score any more than Klindt who has been going very well. Belle Vue is made for Polish riders so I think Zengota would go well but we may never know. Maybe Nick Morris would be a good guest.

Bates is a decent replacement but I don't think he would score any more than Klindt who has been going very well. Belle Vue is made for Polish riders so I think Zengota would go well but we may never know. Maybe Nick Morris would be a good guest.

Klindt in 3 meetings at Belle Vue has never scored more than 6 and that was from 7 rides.

Bates got 9 there from effectively 5 rides as he never got off the start line in 2 of them, beating riders like King and Worrall and only just losing out to Fricke off the last bend.

True you never know what might happen in a meeting but i would rather have Bates than Klindt at the NSS.

And yes i agree Polish riders tend to go well there

Edited by Gavan

Danny King.?

Bates is not a good replacement for Klindt who has been doing very well. Ignoring the trolling from the usual source its pretty clear we are weakened by not having him in the team this Friday.

As for Zengota, we will never know but its the only place in the Uk which is similar to a Polish track so he might have done OK. We need a good guest and some luck to get a point out of this.

Bates is not a good replacement for Klindt who has been doing very well. Ignoring the trolling from the usual source its pretty clear we are weakened by not having him in the team this Friday.

As for Zengota, we will never know but its the only place in the Uk which is similar to a Polish track so he might have done OK. We need a good guest and some luck to get a point out of this.

Please answer me how a rider who has scored 9 from 5 is not a good replacement for someone who in 3 visits has scored 6 or less every time.

Its not trolling.............its merely pointing out that you are talking out of your backside

I agree you are weaker without Klindt in the home match versus Wolves .......and pretty much on every other track to be fair..........apart from the NSS where its obvious to anyone with any knowledge (and the facts) that Bates does not make you weaker.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1