British Speedway Forum

Having watched the British Final tonight, here are my views,

Poor camera work, many a time the camera was on the leader way ahead of the action,

The graphics didn't appear to be as clear as previous years

I thought the presentation team of Natalie and Steve worked well, much better than having Kelvin and Nigel standing behind the podium.

The interviews with the riders during the meeting were better than previous years too

Work to do, but hopefully things will improve throughout the season

• Like 1

Well - I must say that overall I enjoyed the production. Pit interviews were good. We saw the Presentation as BT did not cut it off early as has happened before.

Room for improvement - yes.

But a pretty good start I'd say.

• Like 2

In my professional opinion the graphics were crap.

Agree on the camera work too, too much focusing up close to the leader.

As I said, room for improvement. I am sure they will learn.

Guest GiveusaB

Recorded the event to watch when I got home from work and the frickin recording ended just before the final ???? FUMING!!!!

My main problem was that the recording ended after 2 hours 30 minutes and didn't get the final.

A few times the camera panned to the race winner crossing the line while there was still a race on for 2nd and 3rd. I've noticed this in some overseas productions of the Grand Prix too.

Overall, though, it was very good.

Recorded the event to watch when I got home from work and the frickin recording ended just before the final ???? FUMING!!!!

Yup.

Sky used to get p****d off with the length of the meetings. No crashes last night and they still couldn't get 22 heats in on time. Ok, there was a few restarts, we all hate riders trying to cheat at the tapes, but the sport has done NOTHING about it, kick them out of the race and deduct 3 more points, that should stop them!!

Speedway should be sucking up to BT after becoming (probably) the only sport to really p*** off Sky. Other sports embraced Sky and wanted to work with them to improve the sport for both parties, but Speedway just took the money and didn't invest a penny back into it, take, take, take,, and then there was nothing.

• Like 1

The commentators picked up in the heat when two riders caused a rerun that the two innocent riders went straight back to the tapes, the two guilty ones stopped at the pit gate to be attended to by pit crew. Keep the pit gates closed for straightforward tape infringements. Easy decision to make. Whose call is it to open the pit gates??? Gag him.

I too have missed on a recording the a final because the meeting had run over schedule. Very annoying.

The commentators picked up in the heat when two riders caused a rerun that the two innocent riders went straight back to the tapes, the two guilty ones stopped at the pit gate to be attended to by pit crew. Keep the pit gates closed for straightforward tape infringements. Easy decision to make. Whose call is it to open the pit gates??? Gag him.

I too have missed on a recording the a final because the meeting had run over schedule. Very annoying.

It was the other way round. The two that had moved went straight back to the tapes and the two that stayed still hung around at the pits.

As long as the 2 minutes in put on straight away I don't see a lot that can be done about it.

Heres a chance for you scb. Design up some quality graphics and email them to BT. They can only so no and might say yes. Worst case scenario is a waste of a few hours work.

It was the other way round. The two that had moved went straight back to the tapes and the two that stayed still hung around at the pits.

As long as the 2 minutes in put on straight away I don't see a lot that can be done about it.

That is easy have a 30 second time limit for a tape restart and there should be a ruling that the oit gates are not opened, many get really fed up with riders refueling etc after a tape infringement.

• Like 1

Unfortunately that happens with BT sport a lot, I had that lots of times when recording UFC. Just have to remember to tape the programme after aswell.

Much better pits presence. Natalie knows her stuff and it showed. No stupid Pearson/Tatum tent. Camera work could be improved but then most tracks dont have so much actual" racing" as BV so perhaps that showed it up more. Overall preferred it to Sky coverage but there is room for improvement,especially in the commentary department.

That is easy have a 30 second time limit for a tape restart and there should be a ruling that the oit gates are not opened, many get really fed up with riders refueling etc after a tape infringement.

Could just go with 1 minute for tapes restarts. Tapes could still be mended in timeish.

I had that 2 years in a row on sky....