British Speedway Forum

Plenty of sports are just pricing themselves out of the range of the average Joe, Speedway is no different, they all seem happy to fleece the few who can afford it rather than try and fill their stands and make extra on souvenirs or food outlets.

I thought it came across on tv as a healthy crowd last night, certainly not a sparse one.

I much prefer Natalie to Suzi, I hope BT have a re-think and make her the main presenter come Cardiff.

I like them both but Suzi is the main face and I thought her and Scott were excellent together, Natalie is great in the pits as she knows what to ask like Steve Brandon. I think we're lucky to have Suzi on board, the likelihood is that she will bring in viewers of other motorsports, there's no doubt she will have a following of her own, who knows some of them might like speedway and decide to stick around. After all it's all about viewing figures for BT and we need all the help we can get..

Plenty of sports are just pricing themselves out of the range of the average Joe, Speedway is no different, they all seem happy to fleece the few who can afford it rather than try and fill their stands and make extra on souvenirs or food outlets.

I thought it came across on tv as a healthy crowd last night, certainly not a sparse one.

I like them both but Suzi is the main face and I thought her and Scott were excellent together, Natalie is great in the pits as she knows what to ask like Steve Brandon. I think we're lucky to have Suzi on board, the likelihood is that she will bring in viewers of other motorsports, there's no doubt she will have a following of her own, who knows some of them might like speedway and decide to stick around. After all it's all about viewing figures for BT and we need all the help we can get..

Actually - I agree.

Personally though I prefer to listen to Natalie's informed comments. I think she is very good at what she does, very professional.

The problem with TV avoiding tracks that don't produce decent racing is there would be very few on the list and most weeks you'd be at Belle Vue!

King's Lynn last night was dire again. Very little passing with poor track conditions catching out world class riders, Fricke, Morris, Harris if I remember correctly.

Back to Belle vue with it next year.

If the tracks still get money from the tv to compensate for a drop in the crowd then a threat not to go to a rubbish track might make them improve it. I am not sure though if BT pay or not as they might now be showing speedway for just the production costs and the club gets nothing.

Edited by A ORLOV

Two. Somerset.

Read this weeks Speedway Star, riders moaning about the state of the track at Somerset

HUGE gaps at Lords yesterday for the final of one of cricket's major competitions.

Yesterdays attendance at Lords wasn't that bad given the fact the 2 teams only had 1 week to sell tickets. The capacity at Lords 32.000 is also a little bit bigger than Kings Lynn at 8500

On the subject of empty terraces, just spotted the athletics on BBC today. More competitors than spectators and it's some kind of championship. So it's not just speedway.

EDIT they have just interviewed a winner and he pointed to the empty stand and reeled of his family who were sitting there so are there any non family and friends even?

If that was the event in Europe it was equivalent to a speedway NL meeting.

If the tracks still get money from the tv to compensate for a drop in the crowd then a threat not to go to a rubbish track might make them improve it. I am not sure though if BT pay or not as they might now be showing speedway for just the production costs and the club gets nothing.

I can't understand why a promoter wouldn't want to improve a poor track anyway.

The reality is there is only 1 world class track in the country - Belle Vue. That is the benchmark for all the others.

• Like 2

I can't understand why a promoter wouldn't want to improve a poor track anyway.

The reality is there is only 1 world class track in the country - Belle Vue. That is the benchmark for all the others.

Agree they should produce a decent racing surface. OK they cannot all be like BV but look at some of the rubbish racing we have had to watch in the last few years. It even got to the point that when a meeting was from certain clubs many would not bother watching it. Often the racing from the lower leagues was better than most of the racing from the Elite league.

Actually - I agree.

Personally though I prefer to listen to Natalie's informed comments. I think she is very good at what she does, very professional.

can't stand suzi perry , since she used speedway to raise her profile then cleared off . god knows why she thinks she can flutter her eyleids and people will take any notice of here airhead commentary . natalie on the other hand right form her first show ,was knowledgable enough not to ask stupid questions . and to know what not to comment about ,when Scott is far more to answer

• Like 2

can't stand suzi perry , since she used speedway to raise her profile then cleared off . god knows why she thinks she can flutter her eyleids and people will take any notice of here airhead commentary . natalie on the other hand right form her first show ,was knowledgable enough not to ask stupid questions . and to know what not to comment about ,when Scott is far more to answer

It's called career progression, how can you justifiably condemn someone for that? I'm sure if Natalie were offered a role in presenting a different sport that would increase her exposure and income she'd be off like a shot, quite rightly so imo.

I think they're both good presenters but Suzi could bring new viewers in and that's important.

Actually - I agree.

Going by a comment from Nigel Pearson in commentary it seems BT were using Natalie's interviews than those on the international feed. The girl who's been doing the interviews at the GPs (Kiri?) instead of Steve Brandon was mentioned but BT only showed Natalie's work.

BT have been ignoring many of the between race interviews in the GPs from that international feed. With Suzi Perry handling the main presentation on the SGP/SWC that BT themselves host live at the track it frees Natalie to interview. Perry is a bigger 'name' and the figurehead of BT Sport's bike racing coverage so again there's an interest in their part in having their best team for their two meetings where they are live at the track, the SWC qualifier and the Cardiff Grand Prix. In normal weeks I expect there are too many clashes with Moto GP to use Perry regularly so Natalie gets the studio work.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Suzi P. far too giggly for me! Even in very inappropriate places. is that her trademark now? Treated it in a far too jokey manner I thought.

...I was of the same view when I used to watch SKY televised matches at a friend's house. Call me old fashioned (and plenty do!) but I personally find it irritating when a woman presenter fronts a motor sport event but I'm not naive enough not to know reasons why!

Edited by steve roberts

I always liked Suzi Perry, and still do........ but Natalie is doing such a good job with BT last year and this year in the studio and handles the pit interviews well too.

Suzi seems more into F!, thats ok.

I dont really see the need for the two of them to be in the same show

Just leave the speedway to Natalie - that will do nicely.

• Like 1

It's called career progression, how can you justifiably condemn someone for that? I'm sure if Natalie were offered a role in presenting a different sport that would increase her exposure and income she'd be off like a shot, quite rightly so imo.

I think they're both good presenters but Suzi could bring new viewers in and that's important.

I hope it was only a fill job .in between her garbage f1 and superbikes commentary's . and she'll be gone agin sooner than a common cold , Pointless sports deserve pointless commentary ,Perry is ideal for F1

• Like 1

One great thing about the Commentary from Saturday , No ., Woffy Woffy Woffy long may that continue

• Like 4