British Speedway Forum

No, you are choosing to ignore what I have said.

One final time, hopefully, and perhaps you might bother to read this time.

If we are talking overall about stadium and track then racing is all-important.

If we are talking about the stadium alone, facilities are essential.

I really, really cannot see how much more simply I can put it. I was talking about stadia, you were talking about tracks. Now I really do have better things to do than try to teach you basic logic. If you wish to carry on wittering on in a desperate attempt to score points please feel free. I won't see them. Life's too short.

I will remind you this thread is about BT Sport's coverage. If I'd known I'd run up against such stupidity I would never have mentioned stadium facilities. More fool me for trusting the BSF, eh? In should have learned a long time ago that when you do try to have a serious conversation someone will wade in, miss the point then obsessively try to score points until they achieve a 'win'.

Thanks Philip. I was aware that the studio work is only for BT viewers but was unsure about the rare instance of live presentation from the track of a BSI event, after all it only happens with the SWC and Cardiff.

I often watch the world feed - there are ways - simultaneously with the BT coverage, just to see the variances. Hence my comments about BT only taking a few of the world feed interviews. Unfortunately I've had to watch the SWC on time delay so just wished to check on the set-up at King's Lynn.

As you might imagine, my interest in the TV coverage of the sport lies in the actual techniques as well as the sport itself. My professional involvement may only have been brief and a long time ago but as I've mentioned before, broadcasting technique and the industry and its history are amongst my many other non-speedway interests. Thank you for your guidance.

And with that it is time to end my participation with this topic.

774d423f76051dff602576e31513c81b.jpg

• Like 2

Natalie's just come out with a "How important is it" question to Scott Nicholls

I hope that's a one-off and we're not going to see the return of it in every interview like that Sheffield United supporting lass

Natalie's just come out with a "How important is it" question to Scott Nicholls

I hope that's a one-off and we're not going to see the return of it in every interview like that Sheffield United supporting lass

Charlie Webster is her name.

Edited by The White Knight

Can anybody with BT sport 4K channel confirm whether the race off is in 4K ? It wasn't planned to be but have seen reports on the internet that it is.

Charlie Webster is her name.

Thanks - couldn't recall her name

• Like 1

Thanks - couldn't recall her name

No probs. :t:

It does make me cringe watching the combination of a ditzy uniformed and largely uninterested woman trying to further her career off the back of the perceived stepping stone that is live speedway coverage, paired with Scott Nicholls generic lacklustre and mundane comments about previous heats, delivered with the personality and charisma of a dried sponge.

However, say what you like about Nigel and Kelvin but I think their commentary is fantastic. Aside from the occasional mixing up of words or saying the wrong rider name, they consistently deliver rich, interesting and impassioned commentary. They never seem to run out of things to talk about, their comments and observations are insightful and they make for a fantastic atmosphere for everyone watching at home.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 1

It does make me cringe watching the combination of a ditzy uniformed and largely uninterested woman trying to further her career off the back of the perceived stepping stone that is live speedway coverage, paired with Scott Nicholls generic lacklustre and mundane comments about previous heats, delivered with the personality and charisma of a dried sponge.

However, say what you like about Nigel and Kelvin but I think their commentary is fantastic. Aside from the occasional mixing up of words or saying the wrong rider name, they consistently deliver rich, interesting and impassioned commentary. They never seem to run out of things to talk about, their comments and observations are insightful and they make for a fantastic atmosphere for everyone watching at home.

On the whole I agree.

It's been happening all week at Wimbledon.

And in Speedway it's just the same with BT as it was Sky before.

I cannot understand the obsession with studio chat nor with inane interviews with barely coherent riders.

Whether English is their first language or not.

You NEVER learn anything of interest at all.

And these dopey airheads they keep picking up for the pit chat ...words fail me.

As they so often do them.

Natalie is the best we have had so far. But still pretty pointless.

Scott is not good at all.

And I'm afraid Suzi has been woeful.

Was she always this bad?

Shouty and Kelv are not faultless by any means.

But sticking with the world feed and getting rid of all the rest would be so much better.

But there is one small mercy.

No Ermolenko.

We must be grateful for that alone.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

It's all about opinions, I think their commentary in the race off plummeted to many new depths!! I genuinely can't think of worse sporting commentators, with the possible exception of Jonathan Pearce on BBC football. Yet I think Natalie & Scott in the studio do a decent job!! Edited by paulboy
  • Like 1

Natalie is the best we have had, up to date with things, on the ball and with plenty of background knowledge. Scott is knowledgeable but his deadpan delivery is... well "dead". Some better intonation would help greatly. The BT coverage is excellent and we are fortunate to have it. Let's hope that they continue into 2018 and beyond. The BSPA were very fortunate to have been paid so much by Sky ( even if they frittered most of it away ). I don't think BT will pay much, if anything and speedway gets a very good publicity boost from the coverage. Quid pro quo.

• Like 3

When Batchelor pulled over to achieve the Joker neither of them mentioned a thing, fact.

Until prompted and a referee requested play back immediately, only then did they start to be objective.

Later comments about Russia being potentially throw out for Laguta`s misdemeanors was only conjecture by them and nobody else!

If that was ever going to happen they would not have been riding last night.

Biased to the end, both of them until they are pulled on it.

• Like 1

When Batchelor pulled over to achieve the Joker neither of them mentioned a thing, fact.

Until prompted and a referee requested play back immediately, only then did they start to be objective.

Later comments about Russia being potentially throw out for Laguta`s misdemeanors was only conjecture by them and nobody else!

If that was ever going to happen they would not have been riding last night.

Biased to the end, both of them until they are pulled on it.

I am sure Pearson said something almost immediately Batch slowed down.

• Like 2

Can anybody with BT sport 4K channel confirm whether the race off is in 4K ? It wasn't planned to be but have seen reports on the internet that it is.

Yes this meeting was transmitted in 4K it's still on that particular BT channel's planner.

Strange that the final isn't in 4K though.

Edited by Robbie B

I am sure Pearson said something almost immediately Batch slowed down.

Not quite, it was Kelvin who straight away said he thought there'd be repercussions, this stopped Nigel in his tracks as he was in mid scream about the fact that the Aussies could now use the joker.

I've noticed Nigel always seems to push the joker aspect in commentary, more so than he needs to, fair enough keep new viewers informed but no need to shout it from the rooftops, very reminiscent of It's a knockout, it's an embarrassment to the sport imo.

• Like 2

It's all about opinions, I think their commentary in the race off plummeted to many new depths!! I genuinely can't think of worse sporting commentators, with the possible exception of Jonathan Pearce on BBC football. Yet I think Natalie & Scott in the studio do a decent job!!

SPOT ON.

They are commentators who "don't" when something remotely exciting happens!!...They then resort to making monkey noises or just merely shouting out the riders name when two riders get close to each other!...so VERY unprofessional. Can you ever recall or imagine the great Dave Lanning making animal noises or merely screaming out a riders name when he was commentating?

IF they were just a couple of fans who had been dragged out of the crowd and asked to commentate on the racing, then you would expect the inane noises and screaming from them but they are supposidly "professionals" who get paid a good whack for the role and also get to travel, no doubt all expenses paid, around the world and country to watch a sport!.

• Like 2