British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Berwick V Glasgow Cl Sat July 15th At 7pm

Glad it's Cardiff and Pairs next week, hopefully seeing 2 good meetings will make up for that shambles.

Might not be a bad thing to have no meeting next Saturday, many in the main stand very angry and wouldn't be back. Hopefully by the time Sheffield hit town things will have calmed down and those fans will return, but there will be some who wont.

I haven't left a speedway meeting as disappointed and frustrated in a long time , in my opinion Berwick and the public were robbed of a win tonight. The conditions would have been no worse than they where when it was actually raining, the times in hts 13&14 where improving so I don't think that the track was the problem, it's my view that Glasgow didn't want to lose and where happy with the two points for the draw , I and plenty others have seen racing continue in far worse conditions than that track was in . A sad end to,what was a decent meeting that left a bitter taste in the mouth

• Like 2

I've never seen so many p'd off faces leaving a sporting event :(

• Like 1

I`m sure it suited both teams not to run heat 15. Both teams saved a heat`s wages. Glasgow probably happy to take 2 points for the away draw- a 4-2 reverse in the last and they would have only got 1 plus Berwick didn`t have a home defeat although if run they could have got a home win !!

Conned the public out of a last heat decider and that's who are keeping these clubs alive, well over 100 Glasgow fans in attendance who had travelled around 100 miles and had stood in the rain cheering on their team, they wouldn't have minded a last heat decider going the way of Berwick the same way as the Berwick fans wouldn'f of minded a last heat decider going in Glasgow's favour, after all we never win anyways so it wouldn't upset anyone really.
  • Like 2

Assuming it's a load of baloney but any truth is Lawson and Worrall having a bit of argy bargy tonight

• Like 1

We had a trainee referee tonight, might have been an idea if he, or his assistant and grown a pair and pushed on with the meeting, or at least ordered some track prep.

I`m sure it suited both teams not to run heat 15. Both teams saved a heat`s wages. Glasgow probably happy to take 2 points for the away draw- a 4-2 reverse in the last and they would have only got 1 plus Berwick didn`t have a home defeat although if run they could have got a home win !!

Take your point, but its fair to say Berwick fans have had their fare share of rubbish this season to put up with, now this massive own goal.

• Like 3

Got to admit I was very surprised when heat 15 wasn't run after heats 12-14 were run in the rain. It was all set up for a last heat decider and then the announcement. Don't think anybody saw that coming. Mind you it was a cracking meeting before that, the races between Perry and Jacobs then Morris and Worrall the highlights for me. Big improvements from Jacobs and Gappmaier tonight, with wins over Lawson and Summers. Very impressed with Dan Bewley tonight, looked smooth in his first couple of rides and his attempt to slow the race in heat 14 showed great maturity for a teenager.

Good crowd again tonight, mainly due to a big travelling support. Meetings against Glasgow tend to be full of incidents.

Assuming it's a load of baloney but any truth is Lawson and Worrall having a bit of argy bargy tonight

There was a rumour going around about a carry on before the meeting. How much truth there is anybody's guess.

not baloney ma8

Barmy to have an interval with dark clouds all around

• Like 2

Its not baloney bit more than argy bargy aswell seems worrall is a bit to friendly with lawsons mrs is what ive heard dont think he would do that to a team mate would he??

not baloney ma8

They have history, they don't get on, but they should keep it professional while in Glasgow colours

After that joke tonight I won't be back in not wasting my money anymore

I fear there will be many who feel the same.

• Like 1

I dont believe Morris n Howe wouldn't have been keen to ride heat 15?!

• Like 2