British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Wolverhampton Wolves Vs Poole Pirates 17/07/17

You don't release a number one and replace him with a second string. Our chance of the title this year would instantly vanish.

Whilst fans from other clubs would welcome that move, Matt would never make that change. There are better riders out there to replace KK.

Am glad Kyle only has concussion we were lucky that Freddie had an off night and yes out of the two injured riders Poole had the better replacement so were stronger but as its been said you still go for the points as Swindon did at Leicester Richie should be pencilled in for next year if we cant keep him this season hope James ok for wed

You don't release a number one and replace him with a second string. Our chance of the title this year would instantly vanish.

Whilst fans from other clubs would welcome that move, Matt would never make that change. There are better riders out there to replace KK.

Problem is nobody is willing to come over here.

No GP riders obviously.

No top Polish riders.

Which leaves Zagar (Will only ride for BV), Jonsson (Doesn't want to ride over here), Woffinden (Will only ride for Wolves)

Only possibility is Shamek if he is willing to drop the Danish League.

I have said keep KK but after last night he showed that he doesn't care about the team one bit.

We have to keep R. Worrall IMO.

Problem is nobody is willing to come over here.

No GP riders obviously.

No top Polish riders.

Which leaves Zagar (Will only ride for BV), Jonsson (Doesn't want to ride over here), Woffinden (Will only ride for Wolves)

Only possibility is Shamek if he is willing to drop the Danish League.

I have said keep KK but after last night he showed that he doesn't care about the team one bit.

We have to keep R. Worrall IMO.

all those mentioned (besides Tai) already ride 3 leagues.

To be fair, IF they kept KK and he showed up in fine form for the playoffs, that's job done.

that's their only hope, assuming they get as lucky again as they did last night picking up away points to make the play offs - which I fully expect them to. Edited by stevebrum

A great win for Poole and by the sounds of it a bit like Swindon rather fortunate but they stuck to there task and they got there rewards.I still think Poole will bring someone in at No 1 Shamek maybe?? cant see this side being good anough Wolves if they get a fit Riss back they will be fine and over two legs will be a tough nut to crack.

The main question is when will Brady be fit to return? He is currently not in the 1-7 so could return in place of KK at 1 with Richie staying on after his 28 day contract?!

Otherwise a rider like Greg Hancock or Jarek Hampel would fit the bill for KK

• Like 2

I don't think that's a worry for Gavan or anybody else to be honest whilst you've got Kasprzak in the team.

Who says KK is going to stay ?

The main question is when will Brady be fit to return? He is currently not in the 1-7 so could return in place of KK at 1 with Richie staying on after his 28 day contract?!

Otherwise a rider like Greg Hancock or Jarek Hampel would fit the bill for KK

Is Kurtz going to try and ride in the U21 opening round in Poznan Sunday ? Edited by racers and royals

thats a good point,the way riders think i would imagine he will try if he thinks he has any chance of a few points

A few points about last night:

Best wishes to Kyle for a speedy recovery, horrible crash.

Well done to Poole for coming back and taking the win, Don't think Poole would have won if Howarth had not been injured. Wolves top 5 have been just about been managing through the loss of Riss in recent weeks,but last night was a bridge too far with 2 weak reserves forced to cover for Kyle's rides.

Saw a rarity last night, the loss of Kyle and the Poole fightback seemed to galvanise the crowd, been a while since the atmosphere was that good, the racing also upped a notch as the scores got closer.

Not a great crowd last night considering a fine midsummer's night with Poole in town.

Also a word for the travelling Poole supporters, credit to you , long way to travel on a Monday night.

• Like 1

On last night's meeting Shanes was taken out by Greaves so that was lost points for Poole but obviously Howarth's unfortunate accident was the turning point, both Wolves reserves are weak and a fit Shanes beats a fit Greaves 9 times out of ten, I hope James Shanes makes a quick recovery because I don't think there is anyone out there who would be an adequate replacement especially at home. I also hope Howarth isn't out too long because he was riding well prior to the horrific crash and there is no doubt in my mind that Wolves would have won if he had not crashed. Lindgren is clearly not himself and he may have also had mechanical issues, Howarth rode well until his crash, Schlein rode well, Thorsell rode well later in the meeting, masters may have had some mechanical issues but overall was poor, the reserves were poor and Perks is way better than Greaves in my opinion so that should help, I think I saw Perks dad in the crowd.

For Poole KK scores his usual at Monmore you can't sack him on that performance so see how he goes at home Wednesday if no improvement he should go, Jack holder rode well later in the meeting as did Lahti, Worrall and Starke were very good value, Starke is going very well currently and has proved a good replacement for Newman.

Not according to referee Ronnie Allen.

I think the referee's opinion was that Shanes was already on his way down when Greaves ran into him. Not necessarily my opinion though ! All depends upon from where you saw it I think.

On last night's meeting Shanes was taken out by Greaves so that was lost points for Poole but obviously Howarth's unfortunate accident was the turning point, both Wolves reserves are weak and a fit Shanes beats a fit Greaves 9 times out of ten, I hope James Shanes makes a quick recovery because I don't think there is anyone out there who would be an adequate replacement especially at home.

Clegg was a poor choice of Guest, no doubt about it. As for Greaves, he is pretty much what you would expect from a 2pt average rider but I don't see how Shanes would've beat him yesterday - Greaves scored 5 and in Shanes' 2 rides before his injury, he could barely stay on the bike at times before crashing.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

As is often the case with speedway over the last few years, being proved right gives me no pleasure whatsoever.