British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

Even if the points are not awarded to Rye House after this complete joke tonight then if the match must be replayed then KL should be made to field the same team that was planned for tonight

Remember when BV called a meeting off for no reason and blamed a burst pipe? They got a fine and point deduction, will Kings Lynn get the same?

Remember when Poole did it, nothing happened.

Such is the problem with the sport, lack of consistency in rulings.

• Like 1

No chance of any action being taken against Kings Lynn with Chapman as the BSPA chairman. It'll be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

No, this'll be quietly brushed under the carpet and no amount of whining on speedway forums is gonna make a blind bit of difference. The Rye House promotion should be kicking up a hell of a stink, but knowing them as I do they'll more than likely just let it go.

A previous post had mentioned something I proposed before, Only a referee can call off a meeting in advance after a track inspection. You try telling anyone not involved in speedway that a club can decide whether or not to run a meeting because the track is unfit based on no evidence whatsoever. It's madness!

Edited by Shads

Can't see Points being awarded. Riders want their points money etc. So the meeting will take place.

Buster and Godfrey will have this one covered as far as ant appeals are concerned

I am going to side with Buster. I think he done right calling the meeting off. Been on my garden this morning and it's still very wet despite no rain here since 6 o clock yesterday morning.

I am going to side with Buster. I think he done right calling the meeting off. Been on my garden this morning and it's still very wet despite no rain here since 6 o clock yesterday morning.

That could be cos it rained overnight :wink:

It did rain but there was nothing until I went to bed at 11 pm and I am close to the track. If all promotions waited for a perfect forecast there would be no fixtures anywhere in the country. It is the degree of risk and yesterday it was less than 10% chance of rain and that was for late evening or overnight as it turned out. Tactical postponement - poor decision as in future some will say why bother going?

• Like 1

Yes things like that tend to make the soil soft. :D

Its a sad thing that Keyboard warriors or Armchair riders all know better than the people who run and race! I cant stand seeing good clubs being slated by constant moaning people with too much time to think about whats really the core problem.Speedway is run on a very tight budget if you want to see the facts get a piece of paper ,and jot down the costs divided by the income its Scary stuff !!

I was offered a club to run a few years back when i was much younger and didnt mind a gamble , Done the maths Vs expected crowd and was at a minus before the the end of the costs FACT. Most clubs who dont run there own Stadia have to pay rent to the Owners Its a business after all said and done.

However much you love the spectacle of Speedway unless big business gets into it it will always be a minority sport in UK ! Kings lynn is a well run club with massive amounts of time care and money being spent over the years,If Mr Chapman slung in the towel with speedway i for one would not blame him if all he gets is moaned at by so called fans! The real fans say nothing just put it to one side and move on Lets all do this whilst there is till speedway in Norfolk

If i was the Stadium owner i would be looking for Activities that bought in rent not Heartache

Best wishes to you Kings Lynn faithful for rest of 2017,i hope you get onto a winning streak.BACK YOUR CLUB

• Like 2

There is going to be a full, in depth investigation into the calling off of the Match,conducted by the heads of the BSPA and SCB, pre meeting talks have concluded that they will both be having Big Mac meals with nuggets.

• Like 2

What ever he does - Buster is wrong. He called meeting off early as I assume he felt that due to the VERY heavy rain Tuesday night that he couldn't prepare an acceptable track. The Lynn track is clay based and clay absorbs a lot of water.

People up in arms that it was called off.

Next scenario- meeting was on. Riders walked track and say we don't want to race on this. Then same people up in arms saying why wasn't it cancelled early.

3rd scenario - after 5 heats riders complain about track. Meeting cancelled. Again same people moaning why did the meeting start.

Poor guy can't win.

I've heard it so many times - why a meeting is not called off early before riders and fans travel. Then when someone does make this decision - they are wrong !

No doubt there are conspiracy theories that it was a fix as Lynn didn't have a full team. I don't know and I don't care. I was going to go to the meeting to show support for Buster and King's Lynn speedway. But do you know what, I didn't cry and throw my toys out the pram. I just did something else that evening. It will be on another day and I can go then.

• Like 2

What ever he does - Buster is wrong. He called meeting off early as I assume he felt that due to the VERY heavy rain Tuesday night that he couldn't prepare an acceptable track. The Lynn track is clay based and clay absorbs a lot of water.

People up in arms that it was called off.

Next scenario- meeting was on. Riders walked track and say we don't want to race on this. Then same people up in arms saying why wasn't it cancelled early.

3rd scenario - after 5 heats riders complain about track. Meeting cancelled. Again same people moaning why did the meeting start.

Poor guy can't win.

I've heard it so many times - why a meeting is not called off early before riders and fans travel. Then when someone does make this decision - they are wrong !

No doubt there are conspiracy theories that it was a fix as Lynn didn't have a full team. I don't know and I don't care. I was going to go to the meeting to show support for Buster and King's Lynn speedway. But do you know what, I didn't cry and throw my toys out the pram. I just did something else that evening. It will be on another day and I can go then.

Entirely missing the point. Many people had booked time off of work to attend. Whether clay absorbs a lot of water or not, the forecast on match day was for sunshine with a breeze, ideal drying weather.

With a full strength Kings Lynn side available this would've been on. No question

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

KL need to invest in track covers they have far too many meeting postponed due to the weather in their region.

Its a well known fact the the Lynn track has a problem with drainaige due to the Wash and only a stones throw from the rider. it prevents the water getting away certainly when to tide is in. As for Giving they match points to Rye House are they afraid of facing a full team. (No Holder No Huckenbeck No Rose and Batchelor With a wrist injury)

By calling this meeting off Buster has proven one thing, ( or maybe 3 things) that many already he know. In that he can do whatever he wants, to whomever he wants, whenever he wants. Its his track, his club (don't you Lynn fans start thinking otherwise) his business and now his Chairmanship that is running speedway in this Country.

After last weeks debacle and now this weeks 'rain off' Just shows even further what a great job he is doing for Kings Lynn speedway and indeed Speedway in general.

Instead of No brakes No gears No fear etc maybe the new slogan could be.... Speedway... Buster'sway or The Highway

Edited by semion
  • Like 2