British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Målilla Gp 2017

mikebv wrote " Must be someone who can market it and run it properly over here to deliver the exposure it (and the riders) deserves?."

There's the rub. Within the BSPA there is not anyone who can do that. The promoters have almost all been there for donkey's years and have presided over it's decline and seem devoid of ideas on how to bring about any positive change in the UK. That is why they gave Buster Chapman his chance to "do it his way". There is not enough commercial value in speedway in the UK for anyone to even want to pick up the pieces when it finally folds up.

For me Rosco was very boring and repetitive. Not quite bringing the sport into disrepute but not far off.

I agree, he often got a bit lost for words and tongue-tied, although that could've been down to Natalie and her come-to-bed eyes... or maybe that's just me. :wub:

I also find Scotty quite drab and boring, Tatum would do a good job in the studio, being a good articulate talker. But of course he's otherwise engaged.

• Like 1

Not too sure about the bloke in the studio with the glasses, hair do and ridiculous shirt. :rofl:

I think rosco was trying to re live the 70's with that look.

Edited by neb

Not too sure about the bloke in the studio with the glasses, hair do and ridiculous shirt. :rofl:

I thought Roscos shirt was awful.....then the wife said I had one about 30 years ago worse then that. :shock:

• Like 1

Incredible final race.

In my opinion, (international) speedway is on another level now from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Races such as the ones Bruce Penhall was involved in at the much talked about Wembley Final of '81, are two a penny in this years GP series.

Incredible standards of ability, skill and courage on display at (almost) every GP these days.

• Like 5

His Nicki Pedersen haircut

i think Nicki pedersen cut it for him. :unsure:

Incredible final race.

In my opinion, (international) speedway is on another level now from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Races such as the ones Bruce Penhall was involved in at the much talked about Wembley Final of '81, are two a penny in this years GP series.

Incredible standards of ability, skill and courage on display at (almost) every GP these days.

I think GP racing is well above your average meeting to be seen in UK, and that is no disrespect for the riders in UK, just that the GP riders, especially this year are on another planet.

Not only was it a great speedway meeting last night, I just watched Moto GP and the dice between Andrea Dovizioso and Marq Marquez is in another league, then you get the youngsters in Moto 3 fighting it out every lap passing and repassing.time and time again.

Now off to watch Moto 2.

Good meeting, pity the stadium was less than half full.

If they are happy with that level of crowd then NSS should be on the cards next year.

If they are happy with that level of crowd then NSS should be on the cards next year.

DOUBT they were happy but not sure it will influence thinking on a second round in the UK. Bet there were a few Swedish fans who, given the result and entertainment, wished they had gone.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

I think people are being a bit over critical of the commentary analysis. Rosco did a reasonable job and he will get better when we get more "fixture clashes".

The meeting was as good as you get in GP terms. And the final was superb.

Come on people. You get a really good meeting, unpredictable to the last and you still want to pick holes in it. Sit back, enjoy the racing and be thankful you can watch speedway from all over Europe (The World) contested by the very best in the World. And can you believe that last bend swoop? We are lucky indeed.

• Like 2

DOUBT they were happy but not sure it will influence thinking on a second round in the UK. Bet there were a few Swedish fans who, given the result and entertainment, wished they had gone.

You would think they would fill a Stadium that size,given there was a Usual Polish contingent.Great racing.

You would think they would fill a Stadium that size,given there was a Usual Polish contingent.Great racing.