British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Chris Holder ! :- Friend Or Foe

It is apparent from reading the posts, the main difference of opinion centres on whether Chris is your friend or not. There are those who will not have a word said against him, and will back him to the hilt, Others who like me, saw another side of him last week. That wasn't the man or rider we have come to accept as one of ours

I am in no doubt the track last week was crap. The racing was dire. but it's been that way all year. Chris's behaviour on the night was unacceptable Whether it was because it was against Poole, or he still wants to be part of the that team, it was obvious he had no intentions of helping the Stars win. and that is the part that really hurts.

Now served with a 28 day suspension, he has to ask himself 'what does he want to do' because reading his body language last week, many of us are at a lost of his intentions... But I cant imagine he'll ever ride for Lynn again. .......... and that's a shame...

probably does not want to ride there anyway....as for the ban, its gotta hurt K.Lynn, more than him,(depending on fixtures, i have not checked)

You are right Capone, its best to let riders crap all over your club and its fan base from a great height. Too Long now has the tail wagged the dog in Speedway. I was a big fan of Holder, and even his poor start to the season didn't put me off as I truly thought the guy would come good. After last Thursday, I really wouldn't give a toss if the guy was never seen at Saddlebow again.

What I don't get is Buster spoke of Riders ( plural), in is so called apology, yet only one rider has got a ban.

• Like 3

Holder, Doyle, Batchelor, Watt all have/had a reputation for whingeing about tracks, it's nothing new. There's no way Batch was injured enough to not carry on and he's got away with it. I expect Rye House will feel the full force of a motivated team this week - right place, wrong time.

• Like 1

So fed up with whingeing Aussies, Tyres, Tracks, How many Meetings, BLAH BLAH, And they will soon out number British riders in the Premier league, stupid, I don't think Holder want to ride this year in the UK, But Guy Nicholls his Main sponsor and that of Kings Lynn I feel made it happen, Chris will drop his average and go back to Poole next year so transparent, When these promoters stop hiring overseas riders Who put Poland and Sweden over our meetings which in most cases is where they did there apprenticeship to go noticed to go overseas and its just a joke.

Holder walking out / banned at Kings Lynn, KK riding like a duffer at Poole...............................................What could possibly happen next?????????

:rofl:

PS Poole would also have an extra couple of points to play with on the averages!

• Like 2

Would I want Holder back at Poole ,of course if its the right one but a Holder who shafted KL just to get back no thanks I am old fashioned enough to believe you do the best you can wherever you are its called morals apologies to other Holder fans who may think differently

• Like 3

If he really does need a UK club for visa purposes but doesn't actually want to ride here, a 28 day ban will suit him just fine

Holder walking out / banned at Kings Lynn, KK riding like a duffer at Poole...............................................What could possibly happen next?????????

:rofl:

PS Poole would also have an extra couple of points to play with on the averages!

Poole can't have Holder back unless King's Lynn release him before the end of July. If they do then they are mugs.

• Like 2

If he really does need a UK club for visa purposes but doesn't actually want to ride here, a 28 day ban will suit him just fine

We have been told that Holder does need a UK club for visa purposes but he already has one lasting at least until the end of the season and i don't think they would be rescinded due to his 28 day ban. Interesting if it was. Hopefully he is well aware of the visa conditions.

We have been told that Holder does need a UK club for visa purposes but he already has one lasting at least until the end of the season and i don't think they would be rescinded due to his 28 day ban. Interesting if it was. Hopefully he is well aware of the visa conditions.

He may have to apply for one for Poland and wherever else he rides as he will have to when we leave the eu.

Interesting - you would've thought that because he's been long enough, he may have applied for British citizenship to save the hassle of getting a visa.

As for the Friend or Foe argument - I'm interested to hear his side of the argument first (got to be fair), which he said he will release after the GP at the weekend.

• Like 2

It is apparent from reading the posts, the main difference of opinion centres on whether Chris is your friend or not. There are those who will not have a word said against him, and will back him to the hilt, Others who like me, saw another side of him last week. That wasn't the man or rider we have come to accept as one of ours

I am in no doubt the track last week was crap. The racing was dire. but it's been that way all year. Chris's behaviour on the night was unacceptable Whether it was because it was against Poole, or he still wants to be part of the that team, it was obvious he had no intentions of helping the Stars win. and that is the part that really hurts.

Now served with a 28 day suspension, he has to ask himself 'what does he want to do' because reading his body language last week, many of us are at a lost of his intentions... But I cant imagine he'll ever ride for Lynn again. .......... and that's a shame...

We have heard so much about his off track problems ( not that we know what they are , nor have any right to do so ) but I was a fan of his exciting racing style - which we can still see glimpses of - but he seems a troubled man ( viewing from the outside ).

Continuing to ride after serious injuries is every rider's personal decision but we as supporters do have a right to expect his best efforts when he is racing, regardless of his problems of the moment. I began to lose interest in him when he had his outburst at the start of the season about how much he's paid in Poland ( and not paid here ). What he did last week is not going to help in rebuilding the sport or attracting new fans. If he does not race again for KL, then he has only himself to blame.

Interesting - you would've thought that because he's been long enough, he may have applied for British citizenship to save the hassle of getting a visa.

As for the Friend or Foe argument - I'm interested to hear his side of the argument first (got to be fair), which he said he will release after the GP at the weekend.

Just as well he did not, as like Schlein we might well have had an Aussie-ish 1 - 2 - 3 at the British Final if Batchelor had also done the same. All very strange. Oh Yes, let's hear from him. I am pleased if he is going to give his side of the story.

Edited by waytogo28

Poole rider or not Holder has always had support from Lynn and British Speedway fans in general. He's always been honest in interviews, no bullsh*t. He's been to the top of World Speedway and has ridden our tracks for years as a heat leader/number one so has oodles of experience.

This year, for whatever reason, he's been struggling with form everywhere but he'd made the breakthrough in the SWC I thought and I was looking forward to his performances with the Stars for the rest of the season.

He made a stand on Thursday, he was certainly not the only one, but he's carrying the can, the SCB are wrong to have singled him out for their harsh punishment.

• Like 3