British Speedway Forum

isnt it pathetic when so called fans are thinking of 2018 when 2017s only 2/3rds done,terrabal stuff.

If a superb signing for 2018 is officially announced we shouldn't debate it?

ruckerroo, on 19 Aug 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

isnt it pathetic when so called fans are thinking of 2018 when 2017s only 2/3rds done,terrabal stuff.

True , but if your season is over you need something to look forward to .

Depends where he rides. If he starts at reserve he should clean up, but at second string he will possibly struggle. If he gets a 7 average it will be due to him being a reserve.

I also have said its a good signing but there seems to be a lot of pressure on him from some Poole fans already

No, you just don't like Poole fans being happy and positive. Whenever they are about something you always seem quick to shoot it down.
  • Like 2

Just a very small taste of Woryna last week riding against "reserves".

Semi final. 38 mins 30 secs. Against "reserves" Doyle, Laguta and Holta.

Final. Go to 40mins 47secs. Against "reserves" Madsen, Zmarzlik and Dudek.

Gavan clearly doesn't watch Polish speedway to realise just how good young Woryna is. Talking about making himself look a pillock. Lol!

Drabik also rides as a Polish reserve.

Lambert rides in the Polish Third division.

Polish reserves like Drabik and Woryna are used to replace top 5 team members during meetings all the time.

Perhaps Gavan should watch last Sundays Ribnik v Torun Extraleague meeting where Woryna, (who Gavan thinks is nowhere near as good as Lambert) sees off the Torun team.

I watch loads of Polish speedway thanks troll

Ive also said he is a good signing.........................but its one thing riding well in Poland lets see how he gets on over here.

The way you are going on you have him being your number one!!

So in Poland he can the odd time beat the big guns well riders do that over here all the time.

Lets see what equipment he brings..............lets see how he goes on British tracks this time around.

No, you just don't like Poole fans being happy and positive. Whenever they are about something you always seem quick to shoot it down.

No nothing wrong with being happy and positive and ive said its a good signing whats wrong with that????

Some Poole fans are expecting him to be an 8 point rider, im merely pointing out that thats a bit to much.

If a superb signing for 2018 is officially announced we shouldn't debate it?

You should..........i mean we had pages and pages on how good the signings of KK and Klindt were and anyone that dared disagree was shot down in flames by the usual suspects..........good job both KK and Klindt are firing in the big scores so you can win the league.........i mean it could be worse your promoter could have brought in Kennett or Lahti!

In my opinion a top signing for Poole and I would say a 7 point average is a reasonable target, Kurtz has achieved a 8 point average and I would say Woryna could be as good. Don't know what Gavan is going on about with Klindt he was a great signing and injury free could also have achieved a 7. KK well fair point.

• Like 1

with so much uncertainty in poland,uk and sweden re rules and regs for 2018 i find this thread a little boring,its still summer 17

• Like 2

with so much uncertainty in poland,uk and sweden re rules and regs for 2018 i find this thread a little boring,its still summer 17

Then the answer is don't read and come and debate on this thread. Simple!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Expecting 'exciting' signings and the riders to perform to their expectations are 2 very different things.

As most will be performing in Poland and Sweden - if allowed then once again the UK will

be a sideshow for riders not wanting to use best engines or indeed avoid injury and missing out on lucrative contracts.

They're still both very good riders, but so is Robert...

Exactly, which was my point.

Expecting 'exciting' signings and the riders to perform to their expectations are 2 very different things.

As most will be performing in Poland and Sweden - if allowed then once again the UK will

be a sideshow for riders not wanting to use best engines or indeed avoid injury and missing out on lucrative contracts.

Woryna doesn't ride in Sweden at this time. And to be honest watching it on Premier, it doesn't look like it is dripping in cash. In fact I would go as far as to say with the riders in the Swedish league, it looks completely unsustainable.

If Poland insist that riders can only ride in one other country then the UK may well be the place for young Polish riders to try to head to gain experience.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Why don't you give Matt a ring at the club on Monday and tell him the same thing. He's also a fan..

So , Matts very much ahead of the game.

How do you know this? Matt is the only one who has gone public - to take some of the attention away from the sinking pirate ship this season :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Why don't you give Matt a ring at the club on Monday and tell him the same thing. He's also a fan..

How is Matt ahead of the game.....he simply is the only one who has announced anything and that deflects from how badly Matt Ford has got it wrong this season.

• Like 1

How is Matt ahead of the game.....he simply is the only one who has announced anything and that deflects from how badly Matt Ford has got it wrong this season.

Matt imo partly got it wrong.

He chose Kazp as number one and you rightly forecast he could be hit and miss. But seriously could anyone have seen they guy ride so badly so consistently ?? Could anyone have seen a rider of his status really sinking to a 5.51 AV and his injury was not the reason as he had performed badly both before and after. I expected some poss inconsistency but not that bad. His whole demeanour was as if he wasn't really that bothered. Having said that he is yet another who was having speed issues with his bikes in both UK and Poland. Don't know what it is about the tuning but too many top riders have had similar issues.

Klindt is a difficult one. Good signing when at reserve and in his 10 league matches he actually achieved 6.48 av incl bonus points. Factor in his injury which pushed it down a bit then I am 50/50 on whether he is a good signing or not. You could say that if thinking is Woryna and Shanes at reserve (ok we are playing the guessing game here but the topic is after all Poole 2018), then Klindt at 5.78 maybe not a bad move as if and when Woryna pushes up a bit then you know Klindt will almost certainly score plenty at reserve.

I think Matt knew he would swing in and out of reserve but his thinking may have been the team would always get a good return from the reserves races and Klindt could be used in at least 5 races if Shanes struggled.

Kurtz over performed for me prior to his injury but I think too much is put on him. Only his second season in EL and too much Darcy Ward comparison put on the guy. I still think his final av may drop a bit as he continues to gain experience. Jeez the guy isn't 21 until later this year. He will be good. How good ?? - Still a work in progress and if he finds that ruthless streak he sometimes can display then the sky is the limit.

Jack Holder - Performing for me sometimes better than expected. Bit older than Kurtz by some 8/9 months but one UK season less than Kurtz and displays promise for the future. Again a work in progress but too much unfair pressure put on these 2 young guys who should be allowed to learn their trade if the so called heat leaders had done their jobs.

Shanes was always going to struggle but he was partly there for being a UK young rider on a 2 point av and in fairness he never fails to entertain. My worry is if he continuous to put priority on Grass Track and now long track then I see his continuing to struggle. The guy needs to do what Kurtz and Holder Jr did in getting lots more UK meetings around the Champ tracks.

For me Lahti was a bad signing but it seems more done in desperation. His av in Poland and Sweden was so up and down I cant say I was surprised at what happened. But nobody else was interested with Continent commitments still going full on in July.

H.Anderson - For me Poole will never win a league with him in it now. Can be brilliant and frustrating in equal measures. Has too many problems at important times in a meeting but on his day can gate and hold anyone. He is a typical journeyman in twighlight of his career. Jeez 4 leagues plus indiv tournaments incl Danish Champ - SGP/Euro GP qualifiers and possible matches is too much. Guy is never in one place for more than 5 mins. Its like oh well on to the next meeting.

Kennett - Did Ford have many other options knowing also how badly things were going. Could have kept Kazp but we all know he would still be av 5/7 max had he stayed.

Yes I will agree in part Matt Ford was to blame but also some riders haven't stepped up to the plate and performed as hoped/expected.

Hopefully next season will be different.

I think with the amount of success he's brought too the club, he's aloud one bad season, but don't worry,normal service should resume next season