British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And yet you see, that’s everything that’s wrong with Poole. Instead of this ludicrous cut throat attitude of winning at all costs, you should stick by your riders and accept a bad spell or even a bad season and get a bit of loyalty. How many times will you sign the likes of Grajczonek, Sundstrom, Howarth, Newman and Shanes and then sack them at the drop of a hat? It’s about time riders stood up to Matt and said “no thanks, I don’t want to ride for you” ........ oh, hang on, they are! :)

Swindon didn't last season and they won the league! 

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Swindon didn't last season and they won the league! 

Sticking with Ellis last season is the perfect example. I will admit I was one of the ones who said we should replace him whilst his average was so high and he was under performing. But he came good and I was totally wrong. Look at him now. Hes absolutely flying and looks a massively improved rider and best of all hes a club asset who will hopefully be around for years as he progresses. The Ellis example has also taught me not to panic and want a change at the drop of a hat. Maybe managers know more than us fans after all!!!!

8 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

if you don't perform you get dropped, happens in all sports, at the end of the day everyone in it to win it

swindon was loyal last season to there riders and won the league . is that all you go to speedway for is to win i find that sad still never mind onward and upwards :shock:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ray c said:

swindon was loyal last season to there riders and won the league . is that all you go to speedway for is to win i find that sad still never mind onward and upwards :shock:

You are supporting the wrong team - the Poole mantra is win at all costs (and crow about how much better you are than all other teams)

Not working out too well with a limited number of replacements willing to step in.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s just stating the bleeding obvious. Both have been woeful and deserve the chop.

Yet they got rid of Shanes :blink:

13 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You are supporting the wrong team - the Poole mantra is win at all costs (and crow about how much better you are than all other teams)

Not working out too well with a limited number of replacements willing to step in.

I would say at Poole we are lucky to get maybe 3 or 4 rider's from the previous season .look at last season we got only 2 rider's this year coming back even with last year's team we got to the playoffs . That's the way it is in Dorset :D

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yet they got rid of Shanes :blink:

But understandable even though he is popular. Nielsen is a better speedway rider than Shanes. I was sad to see James dropped but there can be no sentiment in sport. In it to win it.  

The Poles are doing their job, have upped their averages and will improve further. Kurtz doing a very good job. Kildemand pretty rubbish and not sad to see him go. The main problem is 3 and 4, both of whom have been appalling.  Pretty sure Matts patience has now worn thin with both.

Smolinski is being bought in to cover for Kildemand. Can’t do much worse to be honest. Just a stop gap but if he does well,  Josh and Linus should be worried.

Matt can’t do much until after the Wolves meeting at home. Once we are past that point the changes will be coming.

Let's be honest Steve Poole got rid of Shanes as soon as his average went up.Incidentally Shanes average went up a lot more than what the Poles did.The Poles were bought in on such lowly averages that they couldn't fail to increase their averages.Woryna so far has gone from 4.65 to 4.76 and Szczepaniak has gone from 4.54 to 4.73 riding at reserve.These are hardly a great increase considering these two were expected to put the most on their averages by far.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But understandable even though he is popular. Nielsen is a better speedway rider than Shanes. I was sad to see James dropped but there can be no sentiment in sport. In it to win it.  

The Poles are doing their job, have upped their averages and will improve further. Kurtz doing a very good job. Kildemand pretty rubbish and not sad to see him go. The main problem is 3 and 4, both of whom have been appalling.  Pretty sure Matts patience has now worn thin with both.

Smolinski is being bought in to cover for Kildemand. Can’t do much worse to be honest. Just a stop gap but if he does well,  Josh and Linus should be worried.

Matt can’t do much until after the Wolves meeting at home. Once we are past that point the changes will be coming.

You are kidding me? Videos of Woryna with you telling us that he will be up close to a 7 pointer, and telling us all how good MS would be at reserve.

In total thay have added 0.30 to their averages. 

You must surely have expected them to do better than that!

And you think Smolinski will be no worse then Kildemand lol

The team that was built was risky, Holder, Linus and the 2 Poles had questions to answer and so far those risks have backfired big time

The Poles were on false averages....not Pooles fault.....they couldnt help but up them, but the fact its only by a small amount has to be disappointing

Edited by Gavan

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Honestly this post is way off the mark both the Poles have been disappointing Woryna who i rate i believed he would average over 7 but has had a slow start.He will come good patience is needed MS i have always believed was overated god he is not even cutting the mustard at reserve and i would imagine he does not come cheap.He is a typical rider who gets a spot yet Brits like R.Worrall,Auty,Garrity miss out it is not right in my opinion.Nielsen is a strange change i have seen him at Swindon and i was never a fan and i don't see him as a improvement on Shanes.But Ford panicking already is not a good sign and in the last three years his panic signings have consisted of Kennett,Lahti,Zengota,Kerr,Starke (etc) and none of them were the answer.Also his decisions on Howarth,Ellis were poor and the Robins now have a great rider for the future worrying times ahead for the Pirates.I still believe they will make the play/offs and would never right them off but they must pray that Chris comes back and shows his 9 plus average form 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

You are kidding me? Videos of Woryna with you telling us that he will be up close to a 7 pointer, and telling us all how good MS would be at reserve.

In total thay have added 0.30 to their averages. 

You must surely have expected them to do better than that!

And you think Smolinski will be no worse then Kildemand lol

The team that was built was risky, Holder, Linus and the 2 Poles had questions to answer and so far those risks have backfired big time

The Poles were on false averages....not Pooles fault.....they couldnt help but up them, but the fact its only by a small amount has to be disappointing

Then for all the moaning and groaning on this forum when the two Poles were signed, it looks like the authorities got it spot on, right?

I still believe Woryna has loads of improvement in him and will get a good ending average. He is a real talent, that, who like Magic, took quite a while to master UK tracks and show his worth.

For all the P taking on here about Poole’s poor start with riders completely off form, I still believe we will make the playoffs and stand a good chance of becoming champs.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then for all the moaning and groaning on this forum when the two Poles were signed, it looks like the authorities got it spot on, right?

I still believe Woryna has loads of improvement in him and will get a good ending average. He is a real talent, that, who like Magic, took quite a while to master UK tracks and show his worth.

For all the P taking on here about Poole’s poor start with riders completely off form, I still believe we will make the playoffs and stand a good chance of becoming champs.

No they didnt get it right at all. The averages re false but within the rules. The Poles have been very disappointing, more so MS.

Neither are new to racing over here and Woryna in particular has improved since he last raced here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

No they didnt get it right at all. The averages re false but within the rules. The Poles have been very disappointing, more so MS.

Neither are new to racing over here and Woryna in particular has improved since he last raced here.

MS has not raced here for at least 5 yr mate.