British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The rules are there for everyone. 

They are,  and every year they seem to suit some clubs and not others.  

Rules should be fair and transparent.  So sadly every year some promoters will sign a ringer that will alienate a lot of speedway promoters.

Wolves got a lot of flak signing a ringer 'Tai' in 2016 that a lot of people, and promoters no doubt, were unhappy about.

Low and behold they have closed the door on that one by reassessing Tai and riders of a similar standard. 

Sadly the BSPA have yet again left the door wide open to allow ringers in on false averages given how much they have improved massively since last time they were here.

It's like they never learn. Rules are there for everyone, sadly some benefit and others don't.  Yet again the rulings stink and yet again teams will be accused of signing ringers that give the sport less and less credibility everytime.

Any teams that sign a ringer will get flak, it could have been avoided. 

• Like 2

They are not 'false' averages though for the likes of Woryna and others - they are just averages that some people don't like!!!:P

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They are not 'false' averages though for the likes of Woryna and others - they are just averages that some people don't like!!!:P

They are averages that do not reflect their current ability or take any consideration of their improvement (or otherwise) since they last rode here.

Not blaming Poole - who are the masters of finding ringers (all within the rules) - the fault lies with the BSPA for allowing it.  They have introduced a rule this season for SGP riders who didn't ride last year which I think a lot of people agree with but they haven't implemented this rule for all other riders - which would be fairer.

Of course those that benefit won't see anything wrong because it gives them a big advantage over the other teams - and yes any other team can sign such riders - but it doesn't make it right!  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes they are 'false ' averages.   they are out of date and are rendered useless in the purpose of their existence ,  There will always be Promoters queuing to take advantage of these inept and out dated rules..  but it doesn't make them right.    

If the truth be known,  Ringers on ridiculous averages must be the biggest turnoff in our sport..........    They probably give an advantage to a winning team , but at what cost????....... 

• Like 2

Poole or their fans don't care at what cost..as long as it's them  that win.  

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Poole or their fans don't care at what cost..as long as it's them  that win.  

We always get the blame but Kings Lynn could have signed Szczepaniak  as he is their rider and we do care.

• Like 2

I certainly don't blame Poole just because Matt Ford is very shrewd...

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course they are false! ! If some riders who didn't ride here in 2017 are deemed to have 'outdated averages'  then that simply can't apply to some others as then having true averages!

Either ALL that didn't ride here in 2017 are outdated or none are. It's pretty simple I'd say! 

I can't believe anyone will actually argue that it's completely fair to grade some and not others. Well one I can understand will and already has.

If you don't want clarity in the rules then fair enough.  But bringing in ringers will continue and help to lose yet more fans from the sport.

It's a joke to grade some and not others, it's as simple as that.  And the rules allow it!! Beyond crazy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We always get the blame but Kings Lynn could have signed Szczepaniak  as he is their rider and we do care.

I'm sure if we could afford him we would.

16 minutes ago, blupanther said:

I certainly don't blame Poole just because Matt Ford is very shrewd...

Nor do I really....but does that mean the other promotions are a bit slow?? 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

That's certainly one way to put it  :D  They don't seem very slow when it comes to implementing stupid rules though ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Matt is good at finding the right rider occasionally, but it is still fun winding the fans up or even better when we beat them.  

I do enjoy a good wind up..and poole fans always seem up for the challenge to their credit.  I don't take speedway or life too seriously.....grumpy fans do my swede in.