British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hyderd

Belle Vue V Wolves Mon 24/7/17

Now this meeting is a pick em.

No Craig Cook is a big blow.

It certainly is, this is becoming a farce before it starts.

What a tremendous advert for BT! Thorssell unavailable due to fixture clashes and R/R and guests wow wonderful

What a tremendous advert for BT! Thorssell unavailable due to fixture clashes and R/R and guests wow wonderful

Just another 'normal night' then in British Speedway....☺

Can anyone show me the rule that's states a team can have a facility for a rider riding in a re arranged fixture in another country?

That's probably the best solution of all. Sign who like but if there is a fixture clash you get an NL guest and no more.

• Like 3

Because he was obviously unhappy at a re- arranged Polish Extraleague match taking preference over a SGBP match- he asked Zielona Gora and they weren't playing ball. The BSPA knew the score at the start of the season- the Polish Extraleague are getting too big for their own boots and there is nothing the BSPA,SVEMO the FIM or the PZM can do about it !!!!

well said.

Which would leave us without any riders that ride in the Polish top flight, including Max Fricke.

As if the standard of British Speedway isn't bad enough.........

exactly. Some people need to be careful what they wish for.

Can anyone show me the rule that's states a team can have a facility for a rider riding in a re arranged fixture in another country?

seeing as the Poles are dictating the rules everyone else has to tow the line. It's completely unacceptable that the Poles wee over us when WE have the priority. No British team should have to suffer under those conditions.

Advantage Belle Vue now, eliminated the weak cog from their side.

The chess game continues :)

Interesting turn of events isn't it!

Blimey 51, you're beginning to sound like Shovlar.

Exactly like Shovlar, if you win "it was a magnificent backs to the wall effort by the team" , if you lose "I told you so". You've got a full team for heavens sake.

Exactly like Shovlar, if you win "it was a magnificent backs to the wall effort by the team" , if you lose "I told you so". You've got a full team for heavens sake.

No sooner have I said it ! Things evened up, Cook out with a back injury and R/R instead. Is that tactical as he only scored 3 last week ? LOL.

Not like Shovlar at all, it's being realistic. Wolves usually do well at the NSS and are now stronger because of Barker and r/r. The absence of Cook now further weakens us. Good to see a sense of humour from those who suggest it may be tactical.

Edited by Aces51

When did Cookie pick up his back injury originally ?

Firstly Poland are throwing their weight about but what can you do about it. If Jacob didn't turn up for this fixture he could face The sack and a possible ban but let's not forget we knew this was coming.

When Poland got the British teams to sign an agreement that they got priorities over riders it opened the flood gates but also Britain should have gone into this season without the big names of Doyle Holder and yes I will include Lindgren and built one.big league to rebuild from the bottom and get regular teams back instead of all this doubling up.

Riders like Cook Garrity King even down.to Ellis or Bates would have to look at getting places abroad like Worrall brothers have and to be fair Ellis did last week.

TONIGHT it looked like Wolves were going to be hit for six with rr replacing Howarth but with Jacob now missing Barker is a good guest for Kyle and all the top four can have an extra ride gives them a decent team and now with Cooke out it should be a close call.

• Like 1

Not like Shovlar at all, it's being realistic. Wolves usually do well at the NSS and are now stronger because of Barker and r/r. The absence of Cook now further weakens us. Good to see a sense of humour from those who suggest it may be tactical.

Not sure we 'do well'.

56-37

46-44

50-42

54-38

All defeats.

• Like 1

BT Sport'll be in a panic having to re-schedule all their Cook interviews - unless of course he's gonna be there in the pits with the 'neutral' Ms. Natalie?!

Bit cheeky I know and I wouldn't normally do this but we've just moved house and not hooked up to satellite yet. Any links I can watch on an iPhone please?

Ditto every foreign rider that rides here and in Poland.

Not one of them will go against the Polish authorities.

But Matt Ford refused to sign the contract with Jack Holder's Polish club, so in theory they can't do it to us!